Author Topic: Updated War2 now can't play 128x128 maps  (Read 5991 times)

Offline C3PO

• Critter
    • View Profile
Updated War2 now can't play 128x128 maps
« on: June 01, 2021, 11:34:29 PM »
Ever since I downloaded the new War2 build, I can't play custom made 128x128 maps (i.e. Dragon Bay or CHOP). I get kicked out and given a defeat screen. If it is just me in single player mode, I get a black screen of death. POS and GoW work fine. Is there a fix, what should I do? This is happening on every computer that I've done the new update.

Thanks!

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Updated War2 now can't play 128x128 maps
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 04:12:05 AM »
what you mean when say about new update?

where exactly you downloaded war2? is this war2 combat from https://en.war2.ru/downloads/ ? if yes then what version and what installation settings you set?

do you have any plugins?

Offline C3PO

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 06:51:41 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply! It is coming from the war2 combat link. I used War46. In truth, I think I was using War46 before this problem. On Battlenet, someone told me to go and try to install the latest as it had something new to help me solve multiple computers with one IP. Looking at the dates for War45 and War46, I'm pretty sure I had War46 already installed.

Either way, the new install does not accept any 128 custom map that I have. The settings are all just standard (no changes). No plugins other than what came with it.

Thank you for suffering through this with me. :)

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 06:16:48 AM »
Dragon Bay
There are no problems at all.

The creator of the map did not bother to place a single unit on it.
Therefore, for such maps in a single-player mode, you need to manually specify the Units parameter: "One peasant only".