Warcraft II > Mods & Development

Handy PUD bitmap maker.

(1/3) > >>

Lambchops:
Looks like mostly my SS grabber is only being used to make pics of maps - not really in game SS, so this is probably much easier to use.

TuPaC asked for this so I just did a very quick and nasty hack of my pud editor project and made it a console app.

Just unzip then drop a .pud file onto pudpic.exe and it will make a .bmp file, without having to use war2 at all.

128x128 full map bitmaps are over 16MB so you will probably want to convert to png or jpg or whatever.

There's no error checking - if you give it a rubbish file it will just crash.

UPDATED 9/2018

Will now resize &/or save to jpeg format (see below).

Delete mine too:

--- Quote from: Lambchops on May 27, 2018, 01:47:56 AM ---Looks like mostly my SS grabber is only being used to make pics of maps - not really in game SS, so this is probably much easier to use.

TuPaC asked for this so I just did a very quick and nasty hack of my pud editor project and made it a console app.

Just unzip then drop a .pud file onto pudpic.exe and it will make a .bmp file, without having to use war2 at all.

128x128 full map bitmaps are over 16MB so you will probably want to convert to png or jpg or whatever.

There's no error checking - if you give it a rubbish file it will just crash.

--- End quote ---

Thanks works perfect!

make a batch file

cd C:\War2Combat\maps\
for /r %%i in (*.pud) do pudpic.exe "%%i"
pause

edit your war2 maps directory above put the files(pudpic files, bat.file) into the same directory the root map folder is. Now it will convert all your maps to an image! :)

Edit: Adding those map pictures to my game info list. Would look cool if @iL added that to the anti hack status page....

iL:

--- Quote from: tupac on May 27, 2018, 02:19:45 AM ---Would look cool if @iL added that to the anti hack status page....
--- End quote ---
Hm, would be very interesting to get that pubpic for UNIX!

To make it possible to build that as ./pudpic file.pud file.bmp (or png).
Then we will be able to make something like maps gallery, similar to ss.war2.ru.
@Lambchops, what do you think about that?

Also, my desire: an option to write amount of gold/oil on mine/patch.
Gold mine with number 60000 or w/e would be very useful as for me.

Lambchops:

--- Quote from: iL on May 28, 2018, 06:39:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: tupac on May 27, 2018, 02:19:45 AM ---Would look cool if @iL added that to the anti hack status page....
--- End quote ---
Hm, would be very interesting to get that pubpic for UNIX!

To make it possible to build that as ./pudpic file.pud file.bmp (or png).
Then we will be able to make something like maps gallery, similar to ss.war2.ru.
@Lambchops, what do you think about that?

Also, my desire: an option to write amount of gold/oil on mine/patch.
Gold mine with number 60000 or w/e would be very useful as for me.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I would like to add some more features like that, should be pretty easy, it's on my to-do list.

Re-building it for UNIX is possible, although there's some Windows specific API functions used in both the exe (C++) and the DLL's (ASM) so they would have to be re-written to use their UNIX counterparts.

shesycompany:
i really love you lamb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version