Poll

Shoud have play-offs in the end of each season?

No
Yes, semi-finals between top4
Yes, quarter-finals between top8
other

Author Topic: New ladder Pool 3  (Read 4583 times)

Offline Dudakurten

• Berserker
    • View Profile
New ladder Pool 3
« on: October 02, 2023, 04:04:56 PM »
New ladder Pool 3

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: New ladder Pool 3
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 01:03:33 PM »
The same people are going to win and lose. We know this, right? It's not like it's some big tournament showdown where everyone is super excited and into it. (RIP swift/st) It's just handing people like u8/st/medivah some money every season is all. Might as well put them on the payroll.

I wonder what they voted for. I hate to say it but, who cares? Ladder resets in other games are I think once or twice a year? Actually, I only played War3 tbh, so that's my reference. There just isn't enough talent and consistent play for this to be warranted.

How many people watched u8 vs medivah for this season? VERY few. U8s stream was 15 viewers on his stream and I'm not sure there were even obs in the games. Who is this for?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 09:26:29 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline Dudakurten

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2023, 03:15:10 PM »
That’s why we need more voices, thanks Harry! I agree partially with you.

Hope more people show up.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2023, 10:17:34 AM »
The same people are going to win and lose. We know this, right? It's not like it's some big tournament showdown where everyone is super excited and into it. (RIP swift/st) It's just handing people like u8/st/medivah some money every season is all. Might as well put them on the payroll.

I wonder what they voted for. I hate to say it but, who cares? Ladder resets in other games are I think once or twice a year? Actually, I only played War3 tbh, so that's my reference. There just isn't enough talent and consistent play for this to be warranted.

How many people watched u8 vs medivah for this season? VERY few. U8s stream was 15 viewers on his stream and I'm not sure there were even obs in the games. Who is this for?
I posted about this back in April or May. It's great that Tora donates money to this game and tournaments, but it's just going to be u8 who wins it generally. U8 has won something like $5,000(I forget the exact number but its right around this) in the last few years. Back in the day like 2016-2017 they had tournaments where Swift wasn't allowed to play because he was too good for everyone else. U8 is basically at this point, where having big cash tournaments amongst the top tier players you might as well just hand the money to u8, and he's won plenty already.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be tier 1 tournaments, but I feel like there should be tournaments where u8 is excluded and even some which exclude the few top tier players that win all the time, and are going to continue to win each of these.

On my post back in Spring I said it's kind of like Tora donates some money, and Tora and everyone knows it's just basically like writing u8 a check. Variety such as GOW tournaments with u8 excluded(plus maybe some others), chop tournaments, or other custom tournaments would be great instead of handing u8 another $5000, lol.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 10:23:25 AM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2023, 09:24:17 PM »

noone was banned from tours cause he was too good
there was few tier 2 tours where players like me lone swift sg were not allowed to play

you think that in other games top players dont win most of tours?
for example w3 happy is winning most of tours and noone is crying to ban him cause he is too good
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2023, 11:13:17 PM »
Yes, but you had people like grubby, moon, th00, infi, lyn, and others who won as well. Here you have, u8 and swift for the last how many years? And swift barely participates.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 02:14:12 AM »
Warcraft 2 got much less people and some people are scary to Play cause they could lost their "status"
 Warcraft 3 got tours every week, w3 is more balanced, w2 cant leave not balanced map gow
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 02:17:12 AM by Szwagier »

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2023, 02:35:02 AM »

noone was banned from tours cause he was too good
there was few tier 2 tours where players like me lone swift sg were not allowed to play

you think that in other games top players dont win most of tours?
for example w3 happy is winning most of tours and noone is crying to ban him cause he is too good

People in other game dont hacks, actually they not able to play the game at all, they just get ip ban, like if grubby or tod make their own personal software and edit their own mpq, if you were playing other game you will be a good boy and play legit like everyone or you will get ban, but your lucky, here, it's a jungle, you can do whatever you want and no one cares, give me a break, keep hacking and get paid, stop crying.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 02:41:29 AM by Nox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2023, 02:50:41 PM »
Yes, less people generally leads to less competition. You're right, it's a different game. We use similar games to reference ours at times, yes, but that doesn't mean we need to do things the same. It's just my opinion on the subject.

War3 has been nerfed/patched a billion times. That's another story though.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2023, 06:21:08 PM »
If you got more people who Play any game, you will have more competition

You got 30 players you got 2 players top
You got 300 players you got 20.players top

I said many times tours should have much less cash but tora doesnt listen me  :poo: