Author Topic: Abusing "obs" command in the game  (Read 7920 times)

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Abusing "obs" command in the game
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2022, 09:20:47 PM »
Hostile buildings is far better than allied until the ability to choose is implemented. 

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2022, 02:34:22 AM »
Hostile buildings is far better than allied until the ability to choose is implemented. 
No, it is not. You still can manually attack neutrals, but can't do NOT attack enemies.

BTW neutral is much closer to original gameplay "watcher's last farm".

So is better for watchers not go /obs too early, and that's why self-proclaimed obs is bad also.

Offline Raz

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2022, 04:38:08 AM »
The problem is that players go obs when they have 20 buildings.

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2022, 10:43:21 AM »
No, it is not. You still can manually attack neutrals, but can't do NOT attack enemies.

BTW neutral is much closer to original gameplay "watcher's last farm".

So is better for watchers not go /obs too early, and that's why self-proclaimed obs is bad also.

Whatever man.  I’m not going to argue this with you because after thinking it through I think you’re right. Lol.  Option to kill is the only good solution.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2022, 11:31:42 AM »
Haven’t really been following this thread much.

I know the dev team took away /obs for hosts which I agreed with and thought was a good idea since hosts were abusing it.

What’s the new argument here?
Is the argument basically /obs for someone that loses is bad or what is it?
war2 > war3

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2022, 11:45:28 AM »
Just the annoyance that once someone goes obs their left over buildings become allied buildings instead of enemy buildings. 

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2022, 07:49:04 PM »
I would say when someone goes “obs” the experience should be the same as if someone left aka “surrendered” am I hearing that isn’t the case?

Forgive me for re questioning this. Although I play war2 daily I usually am not paying much attention to details like this.
war2 > war3

Offline Raz

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2022, 06:03:35 AM »
It's almost the same as when people leave but not exactly. The thing is that people usually don't leave but rather stay to observe saying "last". Maybe it's better like this but you get it very often that people go obs having a lot of buildings left that have to be destroyed by using attack command for the individual buildings instead of attack/patrol to destroy all of it. Also towers will no longer kill the buildings of the player who went obs which is different from a player leaving/surrendering.

Offline Dudakurten

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2022, 06:52:07 AM »
In my opinion it is good like this now.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2022, 08:07:35 AM »
It's almost the same as when people leave but not exactly. The thing is that people usually don't leave but rather stay to observe saying "last". Maybe it's better like this but you get it very often that people go obs having a lot of buildings left that have to be destroyed by using attack command for the individual buildings instead of attack/patrol to destroy all of it. Also towers will no longer kill the buildings of the player who went obs which is different from a player leaving/surrendering.

Ok I get what your saying now.
Hmm idk if there is a solution to it though. Probably best use of this is for players to have good sportsmanship and only go /obs when they are down to their last building.
war2 > war3