Author Topic: Give ur Ideas for future features in rebalance mode!  (Read 20169 times)

Offline mntbiker56

• Critter
    • View Profile
Re: Give ur Ideas for future features in rebalance mode!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2021, 11:10:50 AM »
on rebalanced.  Having problems with the mouse and movement being very sluggish.   Acts like the CPU is overloaded as the mouse response is terrible. But its running 30% CPU.   I7 Dell inspiration laptop.

Offline urNeighbor

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2021, 01:21:31 PM »
in the hopes of getting the archers/axethrowers more into play

give axers raise dead spell when upgrading to lvl4
while human archers get haste spell when upgrading to rangers..  this only applicable to themselves. not hasting other characters. kind of a sprint ability that costs some mana....
give runes spell instantly when reaching lvl7 berserkers
rangers lvl7 get invisibility, again only to themselves.

knights,
give them slow spell
to even out vs lusted ogres.
keep autoheal.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 01:43:35 PM by urNeighbor »

Offline urNeighbor

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2021, 03:04:42 PM »
Only the long thinking of the archers before the attack has undergone changes. Does it look good already?
With the usual upgrades, such archers already look formidable.

What happens if you tweak the stats a little? :)
We look:

what  level were those archers and grunts?

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2021, 01:48:18 PM »
Still talking with alot of peoples, here some other great ideas.

Not sure who it was: Would be cool if the last setting that we choose between classic and rebalance will auto save.
( because when you host rebalanced and you finish the game, it cames back to classic, and most of the time peoples forgot to put it back to rebalanced and they must play classic )

LUX said: Would be cool if we can drop wood or gold pack with a peon, exemple, you die at 5 and you escape with some peons, but those peons have gold pack and woods, so they have slowed mouvement mobility, or even worst, they cant chop to get outside, so it would be cool if you can drop those gold pack or stack of wood on the floor and you can do whatever you want after. Like chopping or moving faster to get at ur new expantion.

Also: Would be cool if the rally point was working with the non units building too, like a farm, smith lumber, ogers mound etc... Right now rally point only work on building with units, but it should work with all the buildings.

Will be cool if we also can repair when rally, so by exemple i finish a building and i rally my peon to another building for repair,  so when he goes to the other building he auto repair it.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 01:52:51 PM by Nox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2021, 04:45:23 AM »
what  level were those archers and grunts?
Orcs - lvl 1, archers had custom improvements (lvl7)

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2021, 04:49:01 AM »
Still talking with alot of peoples, here some other great ideas.
Interesting ideas!

Also: Would be cool if the rally point was working with the non units building too, like a farm, smith lumber, ogers mound etc... Right now rally point only work on building with units, but it should work with all the buildings.

Will be cool if we also can repair when rally, so by exemple i finish a building and i rally my peon to another building for repair,  so when he goes to the other building he auto repair it.
This is already somewhat similar to the shift command in Starcraft. We also want to introduce something like that later. But so far the necessary technologies have not yet been studied)

Offline Rareskills

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2021, 09:35:54 AM »
you must at least create 3 archers to kill one dragon
But dragons cost as much as a car... so equal to a couple archers -- if you make archers that much powerful it diminishes incentive to purchase dragon -- so you are just tipping the balance

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2021, 09:45:23 AM »
But dragons cost as much as a car... so equal to a couple archers -- if you make archers that much powerful it diminishes incentive to purchase dragon -- so you are just tipping the balance
That is why my suggestion is to simply remove the lag (dullness) of archers.
So that they at least shoot, and not blunt.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2021, 10:06:31 AM »
you must at least create 3 archers to kill one dragon

Yes i understand that, but dragons are not suppose to be strong against archers and troll, the only purpose of archers and trolls in this game is to counter air... There no reason why a dragon or gryphon will outplay archers and trolls.

Dragons and gryphons counter Ogers knights, not archers and trolls. And archers or troll dont counter ogers or knights, they counter dragons and gryphons. If they cant counter air, then they are irrelevant.

So i dont see how a dragons or gryphons will counter ogers knights and also archers and trolls, make no sens.

I dont say 1 archer must kill a dragons, but its not normal that if i get attack by 2 dragons i barelly need to make 8 archers to kill them.

The goal with dragons is to chase ogers, if you see archers you should fly away and save them.

The best way to play air is to make them patrol some strategic paths the ogers use to com at ur base.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 10:14:03 AM by Nox »

Offline Rareskills

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2021, 10:14:52 AM »
the only purpose of archer and trolls is to counter air...
i'd argue they have more purpose... defeating choke, killing repairing peons, cheap scouts

Also saying drags only counter trolls is selective as well... they also good at raping peons that are walled

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2021, 10:34:16 AM »
the only purpose of archer and trolls is to counter air...
i'd argue they have more purpose... defeating choke, killing repairing peons, cheap scouts

Also saying drags only counter trolls is selective as well... they also good at raping peons that are walled

Thats not really true bro, maybe for some low level skills players, but pro players dont break choke with archers trolls.

Because when you break choke you need grunts, if you rush then you dont build lumber, and if you finally build lumber you are slowing ur rush, if you slow ur rush then dude probably have tons of grunts over you and ur archer will not do anything, because now ur still outrush by ur ennemie. Most of the time peoples who build lumber will make a cat instead because now, ur cat will do tons of dmgs, especially if the guys do a double choke, archer hit 1 grunts at time and barely do 5% dmg per hit, Catapul or balista can hit 6 grunts at time and basicly do 60% dmg to all of them.

If you try to unchoke someone with archer troll he only will go back and make a bigger choke, you gonna enter his base and hes gonna fuck you bad cuz now you did absolutly no dmg to his grunts and he still outrushing you, but if you unchoke someone with a cat, the first shot of that cat will wreck 4-5 grunts and now hes gonna be panic, you also will be able to uc that cat and make way much more dmg because the sight of that cat is way much bigger then the sight of archer troll.

Now yes archer troll can be usefull to stop peon repairing, but even there it's basicly only in neighbor war 1v1, most of the time peoples will go for tower instead cuz tower have more sight and more dmg ( like a catapult ) they are also harder to kill. Anyway a good player will keep repairing against an archer and will move back peon before he die and bring new one 100% healt while is tower finish to upgrade and make that archer irrelevant. Thats why basicly no one are using archer to stop peons repairing because most of time it dont work at all.

And now please, nobody use archer to scout, dont said that ever, who the hell will use archer to scout when you can use a peon lol.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 11:15:45 AM by Nox »

Offline Rareskills

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2021, 12:46:09 PM »
12/2 war i see pro players using archer to break choke; also archer used by pro players when walling in dual

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2021, 12:59:24 PM »
12/2 war i see pro players using archer to break choke; also archer used by pro players when walling in dual

Can you show me any video of that?

Offline Rareskills

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2021, 02:40:38 PM »

Offline Rareskills

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2021, 02:45:36 PM »
literally first video i clicked on had an example

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmokyKnottyDonutDxAbomb-Z72Qz3_quufhW0Nj