Author Topic: KHB/Shotgun vs 00Steve/00Logan Finals Casted by Ash/KHB Game 1 Up on Youtube  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Ash

• Peon
    • View Profile

Pairs with an intro blog that I posted  yesterday, tournament stuff starts around 6 minutes in. I went live with this on Social Media, not a huge hit but it'll probably rack up a few hundred to a thousand views or so from that.

More games in the series to come!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Really good content. Thanks KHB and Ash for the work

I uploaded it to the War2 Tides of Darkness FB page starting from the brackets since the same intro was posted yesterday.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Looks good. I'm just curious, as I watch the videos, what is your target audience?

Offline Ash

• Peon
    • View Profile
Looks good. I'm just curious, as I watch the videos, what is your target audience?

Hah, potent question. I was trying for a tutorial like approach, as I had no idea what the limit of interest might be from a more general audience being exposed. So here we're going as broad as possible for a better chance at getting new interest. Really just having some fun over the last few days with the content  and making a small effort at exposing it to a wider audience. The successful commentator Tasteless in Starcraft takes a similar approach by continuously explaining the game as if it was to a newer audience throughout his career, even though its mainly only consistent viewers. It gives a chance at new viewers to pick it up, and it is I think even somewhat comforting to acclimated war2 Players as it reminds them of the basics and makes them feel good for already knowing what's being explained.

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Very nice, I will one day do a voice over of some of my games to explain why I do what I do at certain times. You guys totally missed teal towering s12! The mistake Blue made was rewalling his ogres ABOVE 4. I noticed that so immediately run all of my ogres except 2 to 5, knowing I will definitely have the numbers on him and will be able to kill 4. I keep 2 ogres at 12 to choke my base (with my cat and the 3 i had training at barracks). If Blue rewalls his ogres BELOW his wall in I probably dont attack him there and he keeps 4. However I would then send 3 ogres to rekill his wall in repeating the cycle until he makes a wrong move.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 04:17:41 AM by Shotgun »

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
^ noob

Offline KingHillBilly

• Peon
    • View Profile
Very nice, I will one day do a voice over of some of my games to explain why I do what I do at certain times. You guys totally missed teal towering s12! The mistake Blue made was rewalling his ogres ABOVE 4. I noticed that so immediately run all of my ogres except 2 to 5, knowing I will definitely have the numbers on him and will be able to kill 4. I keep 2 ogres at 12 to choke my base (with my cat and the 3 i had training at barracks). If Blue rewalls his ogres BELOW his wall in I probably dont attack him there and he keeps 4. However I would then send 3 ogres to rekill his wall in repeating the cycle until he makes a wrong move.

We didn't miss it.. just didn't cover it THAT time.. we recorded this game too many times.. lol. Best that we didn't... your catapult died to guard towers :O

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
 ;D ;D I was wondering where it went actually, lol

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile

"so basically i learned all of this from tk's training videos"