Author Topic: Chop League 1x1  (Read 7485 times)

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
Re: Chop League 1x1
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2021, 09:09:35 AM »
possible to make a normal chop map with watchers?

Here is a old batch converted randomizer.

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Chop League 1x1
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2021, 04:41:45 AM »
Thanks for hosting the tournament Sczwagier. Thanks Tora for the payouts and figuring out how to make the tournament happen.

Maybe none of the other choppers feel the same, But i think playing normal 8 spot chop would be better than the 1v1 no hop chop map that was hosted today.

First time playing on it and i was super disappointed in the map. The skill set required is more memorization/pre-determined strategy, and less options for creativity imo.

was really looking forward to the dynamics of the only chop map anyone ever seems to play, and then we didnt play it.

I could tell the 3 people i played had spent quite a bit of time developing strategies for that map, so im probably one of the few who dont have an interest in playing it in the future unfortunately.

maybe ill just host a normal chop tournament later.

I do agree with you that this map simplifies the strategies possible and it tend to get more repetitive, but I had fun nonetheless and for this type of tournament I don't think we could play normal chop, because the games would take too long. This tournament already lasted 4,5 hours if you got to semis and that is too high already.

For the tournament type that is usually hosted the normal chop map would work fine.

On the other hand this 1v1 map is still a decent representation of neighbor war in a 4v4 or 3v3 match so it's not totally artificial situation. There was also an added bonus of watchers being possible.

There has been a lot of activity in modding war2 with Mistals triggers and everything so would it be possible to make a normal chop map with watchers?

Maybe try host my 1s map pack next time. It's best of 5 and you play maps in the order they in the folder, (1-5). There is 3 different layouts, first left to right, then corner to mid. Each player taking turns to play each side for the first 4 maps. And last deciding map is with hop each player start in opposite corner spot. I think to win in those maps you have to show chop skills in a wide variarity of ways!