Poll

Where do you want your allies to place the towers

By gold mine
1 (10%)
Towards entrance of 12 o'clock
9 (90%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Which building placement is better?  (Read 5405 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Which building placement is better?
« on: June 02, 2019, 08:19:27 PM »
You're 12 o clock. It can be a 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4.. but you know 2 o clock is hot, and are fairly certain you will be rushed and towered from 2 opponents.

Your ally is in a position to give you two towers. Where do you want your ally to place the towers in your base?

A)

B)

Offline Disgruntled

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Which building placement is better?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 11:11:02 PM »
towers at bottom

Online Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 01:58:48 AM »
Tk use your very very Little brain

P. S i suggest stop drinking, if you got problem with decision

Answer is killing ally peon Before he start building first tower

One Tower  next to rax is enough
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 05:11:28 AM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 06:48:40 AM »
swag. below or above rax?

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 09:12:42 AM »
im gonna say by the mine

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 10:12:59 AM »
consensus seems to be overwhelmingly in favor of lower.

I agree with that.. and I also agree with swag that really only 1 tower is necessary (under rax) assuming your ally gets there before enemy starts upgrading their tower outside of 12.

only reason to make 2nd tower is if its obvious they're going to make forward progress into 12.. I'd prefer 2nd tower in that situation to be located under gold mine (on the right side) or under the hall if it was clear the tower needed to be heavily defended.

the towers under the gold mine have some serious flaws .. they don't attack enemies towers under 12 entrance, which means the person occupying 12 is defended, but unable to make any type offensive attack until he makes a cat to eliminate the enemy towers, and is forced to repair his own barracks while waiting on the cat that he never should have had to make begin with.

so he's trapped in his base.

forced to spend res on a cat

forced to spend res repairing instead of collecting resources.

can't make grunts out of rax on right without grunts taking hits by enemy tower... while cat is being made in rax on left.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 10:23:59 AM by tk[as] »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 10:20:02 AM »
someone was trying to convince me that towers under the gold mine were better.. and I don't see it.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 10:36:25 AM »
well all towers are in your case is a anti rush measure,theyd charge your base and get killed and make a cat..but by that time u should have orges.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 10:40:00 AM »
towers down low (or at least 1 under the rax) is both anti rush measure and anti tower measure. both defensive and offensive.. which is a big deal. towers up high are only defensive.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 10:43:46 AM »
if I'm 12, about to get towered and rushed, I want to get out of that situation as soon as possible. I'm p stopping and pumping straight grunts. I want ability to get out of my base asap. ally putting tower down low does that for me.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2019, 04:20:56 PM »
yeah prob so down low..i just try to keep my peons alive and i use canons for the extra reach,but a problem with them they can take out your peons also..if thier units make it to them.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 05:21:17 PM »
You're 12 o clock. It can be a 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4.. but you know 2 o clock is hot, and are fairly certain you will be rushed and towered from 2 opponents.

Your ally is in a position to give you two towers. Where do you want your ally to place the towers in your base?

A)

B)
the tower directly under the rax is fairly easy to bring down quickly with some grunts and a cat shot, or if youre not paying attention can even be killed by straight grunts if you dont get a repper there quickly which can be tough at times since it gets crowded there

i say one tower but in the other marked spot (against the farm)

the tower spaces in the first pic are nice for like, if it's an exp or if it's late game and you dont want your base to die too easily

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2019, 06:08:13 PM »
I guess I disagree about it being easy to bring down.  its a fairly common situation. you're anticipating lots of action at the entrance of 12.. and should be monitoring it simply by virtue of making grunts right next to it.

the situation I'm describing is where your ally is able to get a tower in your base before, or at the same time the enemy is towering you.

why not use the tower @ bottom right to counter their tower? between p stop grunts, a tower, and peons repping/attacking its going to be hard to break 12 with just a little bit of management/uc. or if it does fall its because both opponents spent a lot of time/res breaking it and should be way behind 12's ally

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2019, 07:04:54 PM »
Nup. Only one gt necessary under rax,  not farm, for further scouting range.  Always be prepared early game to pull reppers down to rep should 2 storm your base.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 09:46:01 PM by woofy »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2019, 07:14:34 PM »
the man who uses more towers than anyone in the history of war2 has spoken. there is nothing else to discuss here.

tower under rax.