Author Topic: /obs me  (Read 7284 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
/obs me
« on: September 27, 2023, 08:42:52 PM »
should not give the observer vision of enemy imo... or maybe a different command that works like that. keeps observer alive but only sees allies vision

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: /obs me
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 08:43:16 PM »
like /obsally me

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 03:37:52 PM »
your tips are bad so better if you be quiet
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 11:33:15 AM »
Your mom never hug you.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 07:11:26 PM »
Somehow, we believe in the honor system here. I'm with TK tbh. At least, have that for like ladder and/or tournaments. People still give advice when they obs. It just needs to be selective and that is difficult to do or becomes a fine line. The truth is, phones/discord/etc will do the same thing if someone is not playing who is obs.

This was brought up before when upon implementation. It didn't go through. It is what it is.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2023, 06:01:51 PM »
a good ally who happens to die should still have the ability to say " inc 8"  "dk under 9"  "peon jam 4"

/obs me takes that away if it gives vision of the enemy

you cant in good conscience tell your ally what's going on in the game if you're able to see the enemy as well.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2023, 06:02:45 PM »
it's been a part of the game since b.net version ... and now it's gone with /obs me

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2023, 11:55:37 PM »
Just don't die and there won't be a problem.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2023, 05:28:02 AM »
a good ally who happens to die should still have the ability to say " inc 8"  "dk under 9"  "peon jam 4"

/obs me takes that away if it gives vision of the enemy

you cant in good conscience tell your ally what's going on in the game if you're able to see the enemy as well.

You can still not use OBS me in game, you can Ask opponents last farm i will unvis vision

Good Ally know to stfu
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 02:27:13 PM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2023, 08:16:08 PM »
They always just say, use obs, lol. Nobody cares if you say last anymore.

Also, when they obs, they should be ally-able so you don't keep attacking their buildings every time you want to attack something/someone else. Before, if they say last, you can use that building for your advantage because you have allied them. Even if they didn't say last and they have buildings, you can use multiple ones too.

Now, my units will always attack that building/s if they obs too early. (so many obs too early and don't understand why it's dumb, I don't get it)

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2023, 08:13:25 AM »
using /obs me is considered as if he left the game
in default game you cannot ally someone who already left (mostly becoz his name is not on the list anymore though)

also people can try use auto obs setting so you not need to write last or something and be in game till last moment until u die

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2023, 12:27:55 AM »
Right, but they are still in the game. So, it shouldn't be like that if you are trying to mirror how it was.

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2023, 06:46:16 PM »
Anecdotal, but I can't recall one time where someone on my team went obs and started giving tips since this became a thing. 

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2023, 07:20:41 PM »
This is true but when you are constantly smurfing, spb quiet, and not the MOST outgoing or personal person on here, who is going to give you tips? Rofl. I've played with you for 10-13 years (?) and honestly don't know 1 damn thing about you. I also thought you quit for years (years ago) and then found out you were maybe smurfing the entire time? I don't even know.

I think you're cool though. But not cool enough for tips. :) I do enjoy your sarcasm. That's the only way we beat lux and donger. "Just don't lose." and then auto log when we win, LOL.

Has the honor system ever worked for anything? Let alone a group of people who are super competitive, talk shit all the time, tired of each other, and may not get along. Don't get me wrong, people are obsing to obs and not play in the first place too. You can only do so much.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 07:43:58 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2023, 11:59:58 PM »
Lmao very good points.