Author Topic: Do anyone here get blamed for someone else losing?  (Read 2438 times)

Offline 123Bee

• Peon
    • View Profile
Do anyone here get blamed for someone else losing?
« on: April 20, 2017, 09:47:10 AM »
Sorry for the slightly negative topic, I was just wondering if it was a normal occurrance or if it just happens to me because i'm fairly new.

Like I understand a lot of ppl here are way more experienced than me, and if I play a team game a d play badly, I almost always apologise to my team for letting them down.
I already find life stressful enough, and this game was meant to help me unwind. But one thing that really annoys me is when people unfairly blame me for their losses, which happens a lot.

Like for example, it happens mainly in chop, i'll be in the middle of battle, frantically trying to build troops and buildings and im actually doing quite well against the person next to me..then i'll suddenly get messages from a teammate saying how i suck (usually from someone like DNA cell/Str33tfighter) then I'll look over to see what they are doing and they are dead already,usually from being towered early, then they blame me and say its my fault.

Like tonight the one that really made me mad and felt the need to rant- I was playing chop teamed with 2 others ..one being 8)CNTR(8. Anyway, he has the whole left side with noone beside him to chop, but decides to chop towards me and chops out my Catapult,which I needed to attack the guy building towers next to me. Anyway long story short, whilst im waiting for my next cat, I have no way to defend and the guy next to me makes more towers and kills a whole bunch of my shit,so I was stuck pumping out grunts. This already annoyed me, but then at the end of the game after a hard fought battle, he goes 'this one is on you' and that really pissed me off more than anything because I didnt say a word of bad to him for screwing up my whole game, but then he blames me!

Anyway, sorry for the long rant, basically I just wanted to know if it was a normal thing for people to put the blame on someone else if they lose, or am I just being too sensitive? Because its really ruining the fun of the game.

Thanks for listening,

Britt

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: Do anyone here get blamed for someone else losing?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 10:27:48 AM »
Yes it is very normal for players to rage and blame everyone for their losses.

Try not to take it personally. People that play this game are very passionate about it and thus are prone to irrational behaviors.
war2 > war3

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 11:14:50 AM »
chill bro

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 11:59:41 AM »
Yes 1x1 + watchers and one of them make a little lag cause he went watching YouTube for example. Many times
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 12:12:00 PM »
Chill out man :-)
It is a game, if some people bother you just squelch them :-P

Did that once to Van... I'm sure he kept sending messages because the other allies where complaining...

All of the players here, pass both states (complain or listen to complains).
I caught my self complaining a few times to allies because I told them to do something like close their city and the didn't and I need to save them...

I already find life stressful enough, and this game was meant to help me unwind. But one thing that really annoys me is when people unfairly blame me for their losses, which happens a lot.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant, basically I just wanted to know if it was a normal thing for people to put the blame on someone else if they lose, or am I just being too sensitive? Because its really ruining the fun of the game.

You are right, we play to unwind and that is the meaning. One of the reasons I prefer playing maps that you have time to correct your mistakes.
And yes, some people do their best to ruin the fun of the game. But do not worry, after a short period of time you learn to filter it. I do not even notice them anymore.
The first few months, I would always complain about people swearing, speaking badly, even misbehaving. Now, I do not even see it happen :-).

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 01:45:42 PM »
If I ally the hardcore ragers who blame allies for their own fuckups, I build towers in there base and unally them the next game.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 01:57:16 PM »
i.e. Claw.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 06:41:13 PM »
no i only make fun of your family

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 07:50:25 PM »
basically I just wanted to know if it was a normal thing for people to put the blame on someone else if they lose
yeah, expect to be held accountable for all losses whether it's 1v1 or teams, regardless of circumstances. You should ditch the chop crowd and come play with the mouse/shark/lethals, we're so friendly and welcoming

also welcome to the forum brittt
squeak!

Offline 123Bee

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 03:07:00 AM »
Yeah thanks Tora, Mousetopher, Szwagier,Ignognito and Claw, I definitely feel better about it now and will try not to get so angry  :-X

Also Mouse, I will join your GOW games when I see them!