Author Topic: ladder demoting sistem  (Read 9622 times)

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: ladder demoting sistem
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2021, 03:39:20 PM »
problem is again map, community play only gow
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2021, 05:24:10 PM »
Thats why you do a 8-10 map pool and it's different for each ladder season. Only those specific maps are for the ladder. Make it like the Ironman was and have it choose random map from that map pool for the game. We have alot of smart people in this community who can make this stuff happen, unfortunately I'm not one of them.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2021, 10:36:08 AM »
What is the point of this ladder anyway? It's a Neverending ongoing ladder with 50,000+ names on it. I've mentioned this before, but can't we revamp it and actually have it serve a useful purpose?

Have ladder seasons of 2-3 months each with a champ of each season

End of year Tourney with all season winners

Get promoted/demoted to different tiers (like sc2, GM, diamond, gold etc)

Use MMR

I'm sure there are alot of other great ideas we could implement. I know you will say no one cares about the ladder enough to justify the time and changes made. Obviously it's just a game and doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. However people still obviously care about it if they're asking questions etc.

I think it's worth looking into.
There's two issues with this ladder.  #1 is that people like having their old game history on there so don't want that wiped.  #2 is that there's always been a concern with the skill ratings that someone will just collect free wins or stomp newbs to earn points with no risk of losing at all.

The point is just to get as high as you can, and if you can get #1, hold it and defend it.

That's not to say seasons are a bad idea.  I think it could be interesting to leave the game history on there but erase everyone's ranks, or everyone's skill rating, and then see who is where at the end of a given season.  However, if we go by skill rating it might just be whoever plays the most games to accumulate the most skills points, and if we go by the current rung ranking system, then we can run into accusations of dodging and having to enforce the people on top to play to let those below have a chance to gain...

I don't mean it's not worth doing, those are just the things to consider.

Offline aLfReD

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2021, 01:05:38 PM »
Just sort by ELO

Offline LoRyS.iT

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2021, 01:06:19 PM »
We should accept the fact that its a 1995 game and we are in 2021 with a very tiny player pool.
Its quite hard to have anything better than this, and most of the active players are not even interested in ladder games and\or in playing other maps but gow

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2021, 01:26:51 PM »
Hey it was worth a shot. There are ways to make this work but if no ones interested then it is what it is. Speaking for myself, when I log on for 6 hours a week I'd prefer to play meaningful games rather then stomping in big 4v4s with random newbs. Maybe that's just me.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2021, 02:43:05 PM »
What is the point of this ladder anyway? It's a Neverending ongoing ladder with 50,000+ names on it. I've mentioned this before, but can't we revamp it and actually have it serve a useful purpose?

Use MMR

I'm sure there are alot of other great ideas we could implement. I know you will say no one cares about the ladder enough to justify the time and changes made. Obviously it's just a game and doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. However people still obviously care about it if they're asking questions etc.

There's two issues with this ladder.  #1 is that people like having their old game history on there so don't want that wiped.  #2 is that there's always been a concern with the skill ratings that someone will just collect free wins or stomp newbs to earn points with no risk of losing at all.

The point is just to get as high as you can, and if you can get #1, hold it and defend it.

That's not to say seasons are a bad idea.  I think it could be interesting to leave the game history on there but erase everyone's ranks, or everyone's skill rating, and then see who is where at the end of a given season.  However, if we go by skill rating it might just be whoever plays the most games to accumulate the most skills points, and if we go by the current rung ranking system, then we can run into accusations of dodging and having to enforce the people on top to play to let those below have a chance to gain...

This is why the staff is useless, always speaking like there no solution and just acting like if it's better to just let the game die.

Tora said, we cant do that ur community is too old for that? And whats if because of that we bring new players and get a bigger community?

Now you told us, we cant do that because peoples want there old record, why cant you save those pages and archives it?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 02:47:07 PM by Delete ME NOW! »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2021, 02:43:53 PM »
Just sort by ELO

Sort by elo ans you will see same guys owning top 1-2-3-4-5 with 5 different smurfs?!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 02:47:33 PM by Delete ME NOW! »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2021, 02:45:53 PM »
Hey it was worth a shot. There are ways to make this work but if no ones interested then it is what it is. Speaking for myself, when I log on for 6 hours a week I'd prefer to play meaningful games rather then stomping in big 4v4s with random newbs. Maybe that's just me.

Ive try before you bro, those guys are just lazy as fuck and prefere to just work for months on russians IA campain.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 02:50:49 PM by Delete ME NOW! »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2021, 03:42:15 PM »

Use MMR

This is why the staff is useless, always speaking like there no solution and just acting like if it's better to just let the game die.

Tora said, we cant do that ur community is too old for that? And whats if because of that we bring new players and get a bigger community?

Now you told us, we cant do that because peoples want there old record, why cant you save those pages and archives it?
That is not what I said Equinox.  Please read my post again.  In fact I said we could do it, and still leave the records in.

Then I said the issues for doing a season would be either 1) for elo/skill, people newb bashing or winbotting, or 2) for rung system, accusations of dodging.

Which one of those sounds better if we were to proceed?  With those issues in mind, what do people think we should do?

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2021, 04:02:20 PM »
I know you can't have a ladder being completely 100% legit all the time. But we could try. And do something like demote rank if inactive 3 days, that way there is constant movement and dodging isn't a big issue. No one will get rank 1 and go smurf or go inactive because he will lose rank quick. I think that's a good start. I'm not sure how the ELO or MMR systems work to know what's best or if there is another option.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2021, 04:23:10 PM »

Use MMR

That is not what I said Equinox.  Please read my post again.  In fact I said we could do it, and still leave the records in.

Then I said the issues for doing a season would be either 1) for elo/skill, people newb bashing or winbotting, or 2) for rung system, accusations of dodging.

Which one of those sounds better if we were to proceed?  With those issues in mind, what do people think we should do?

You think ladder is not abbuse at the moment?? Peoples with multiple smurf are 2x. 3x in top 50... There also peoples like u8 who abuse of the same players all day long, ladder cant be more abuse then it is now.

Do we need to punish an entire community because 2-3 admins are lazy as fuck and prefere to just let that game die?

If you think there probleme with winbot, and abuse and whatever you think, then hire more peoples to take cares of that ladder and keep it updates at all time... Why there only tk to take cares of that and acting like it's a big deal?

Swift own the entire top 5 of all time for himself alone, what kind of message it send to other peoples, sure i will not cares about that ladder if the same player own the entire top5.

Take cares of that damn ladder and maybe peoples will cares more?!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 04:27:21 PM by Delete ME NOW! »

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2021, 07:48:44 PM »
You don't need to be mean about it EQ. Every mod is a volunteer, and so would be anyone thats working on a new ladder or any other project for that matter. We can be upset and disappointed but until we learn to code and program on our own we can't rely on other people. The ones with that knowledge can use it as they want, even if it is creating useless things (maybe not useless to them)

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2021, 08:40:46 PM »
what? we don't get paid???

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2021, 09:21:00 PM »
You don't need to be mean about it EQ. Every mod is a volunteer, and so would be anyone thats working on a new ladder or any other project for that matter. We can be upset and disappointed but until we learn to code and program on our own we can't rely on other people. The ones with that knowledge can use it as they want, even if it is creating useless things (maybe not useless to them)

Well they say they volunter but its gonna be at least from 2015 they have been ask to do that, what make me upsett is when tora say bullshit like '' we too old '' like seriously? If your too old then go play bingo bro and leave that server alone.

They have no time to take cares of the ladder, like really? Gonna be six years if not more bro.