Author Topic: Chop and Gow 2v2 league ideas.  (Read 5212 times)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Chop and Gow 2v2 league ideas.
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2021, 06:53:11 PM »
Would be super awesome if you kept your thoughts to yourself sometimes eq.

100% negativity 100% of the time

Listen, tk, before saying truth, and being negative like you try to make me look, ive let you guys do everything you want ur own way for 10 years...

Between 2006 and 2016 i have never said a damn words.

It's since 2016 im saying truth and being negative like you say, maybe it's because everything you try have just fail for the last 15 years.....

Did you guys never make tournament before todays, did you guys never make league before todays? Did you guys never make clan war before todays, did you guys never make chop tournaments before today? Did you guys never throw prize before today? So if you already did that for the last 15 years and still not better, whats gonna make it today by doing the same damn things...

If something dint work for 15 years, then maybe you must try something else....

Are you blind or ur just acting stupid, im not sure here bro.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 07:33:05 PM by Nox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2021, 06:56:22 PM »
I got idea about chop league for 1s

2 days

first day we get players and all play vs all bo2 2-0 - 2 points 1-1 1 points 0-2 0 points(if there will be many players we can make tier1 league and tier2 league)
map 1x1 farms to avoid bugs like towerbug, players play bo2 and MUST play 2 games from different spot, winner needs to submit replays

second day top4 bracket bo7 semi, bo7 final and 3rd place bo7

14 23 1 and 2 player pick spot for first game and change spot per game

and no need lot of cash, I think 100$ for first place, 50$ 2nd and 25$ 3rd  will be enough

Are you willing to run this? I'll do the cash payouts.

Classic Adminship here again, if eq say something against u8, lets make sure u8 dream happen, same thing with ladder 1 month ago, when u8 say remove gow and i say its was stupid idea and blid decide to remove gow ten minutes after, literraly kill the server since that time lol  :rofl:

Let's Go tora kill it more! thanks bro, good decision again!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 07:01:32 PM by Nox »

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2021, 01:29:04 AM »
Ican try, but before that need to Ask players if they say no, I wont try, I will make topic tommorow and call choppers
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2021, 04:40:12 AM »

2 days

first day we get players and all play vs all bo2 2-0 - 2 points 1-1 1 points 0-2 0 points(if there will be many players we can make tier1 league and tier2 league)
map 1x1 farms to avoid bugs like towerbug, players play bo2 and MUST play 2 games from different spot, winner needs to submit replays

and no need lot of cash, I think 100$ for first place, 50$ 2nd and 25$ 3rd  will be enough

Classic Adminship here again, if eq say something against u8, lets make sure u8 dream happen, same thing with ladder 1 month ago, when u8 say remove gow and i say its was stupid idea and blid decide to remove gow ten minutes after, literraly kill the server since that time lol  :rofl:

I will agree that was a stupid idea to remove gow from the ladder lol. In fairness if you look at that thread I never commentated on it since it was Blid running it.
war2 > war3

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2021, 07:33:59 AM »
I like the idea tora, also Ash is conpletly right.
If you do a 2s league, top players will team up and win it all.
Newer players wont win anything and they are frustrated.

We need to figure out whos going to play. After that matched we need to put them in different tiers.
So the best gets the worst, so that we get alot even teams, like almost anyone got a small chance of winning.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2021, 07:50:14 AM »

We need to figure out whos going to play. After that matched we need to put them in different tiers.
So the best gets the worst, so that we get alot even teams, like almost anyone got a small chance of winning.

I mean I can tag people that are declared tier 1-3 I suppose....
war2 > war3

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2021, 10:14:16 AM »

2 days

I will agree that was a stupid idea to remove gow from the ladder lol. In fairness if you look at that thread I never commentated on it since it was Blid running it.

Well in fairness you will do the same if you start give prize to chop players, what you think gonna happen if you do that, gow players will start playing chop for the prize then you will split community even more and you will kill the game. For the moment we cant afford that kind of tournament just because we dont have enouph peoples for that... Let's focus on the basic, 1v1 LADDER map as the main ladder on the server, 2v2 ladder map for tournament and prize. Chop can keep playing for fun, and later if server grow up maybe we can focus on it. But the goal here is to reinforce the server, not splitting it even more.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2021, 01:24:51 PM »

Maybe do like a series of leagues? Like one weekend the top players can play another weekend the tier 2 and another weekend the rest can play. (I’m not breaking it down past 3 tiers)
war2 > war3

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2021, 02:42:58 PM »
@Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart) @iL

Would it be at all possible to implement something that Ash is suggesting?
I'd be available for Design & specification support if desired.
chance of building this into the client or server seems very low since it’s quite a big ask, tiers would have to be manually kept up to date too, but I see Ash’s volunteering here and I don’t know what he’s capable of. If he can do it, I guess it could be possible!

Then you have the Elo/ladder idea. Seems much more doable… but we did have a working teams ladder, it just died during a migration and it’s been too long for me to know how to work it again. But is it even worth it? again maybe Ash or someone else can take a look but just keep in mind:

The previously existing ladder first auto-added any duo that played like 10 games together in addition to having manually created teams. But there’s so many duo combinations that the standings filled up with these auto duos and custom teams had a hard time finding them to play and moving up.  SoI required manual team creation to be ranked and it promptly died completely. Community was too small and couldn’t support it, there were only like 4 teams registered even with team members capped at like 4. So what would work best? I guess the auto teams worked better than just a dead league…happy to let anyone try to repair it and get it going

Factoring in elo… hmm. You could have a table that updates individual elo after every game, 1s or team. for teams it could sum up the total elo on each side and then distribute whatever is gained or lost across each team member. And then a separate teams ladder, with team standings, where the elo gained/lost is added or subtracted whole to the team score/elo. Not sure if that would make it worthwhile to put a bad player on your team or not. And still a lot of work that would need help but at least I can picture kind of how it would work.

Just keep in mind it’s a lot of work to do for three custom teams, clearly pointless really, so I think you need to auto include all duos. And I don’t know if that’s what people are interested in? If you want just custom teams I would suggest starting on myleague or just a forum thread or something to ascertain how much interest there is. Maybe you need to make it 2 player teams maximum in order to get more teams going. I think you’d want a lot of teams for it to make sense.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 02:55:42 PM by Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart) »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2021, 03:23:17 PM »
Like you said, fixing the team ladder on this page could be good, if someone will take cares of it mannualy.

http://ladder.war2.ru/

-No Smurfs allowed.

-Teams must be sign by the forum and approved before it approve on the ladder page. 

-No 2x tier 1 togheter.

-Could do short season of 1 month, so if someone dosent like hes team he can switch teams in only a month.

Something like that.

Untill we dont have 8 differents leagues and ranking and 8 differents websites.

We must keep everything easy, proffesionnal and updated.

Everything on the same website.

http://ladder.war2.ru/
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 03:25:23 PM by Nox »

Offline 8)MikulZ(8

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2021, 01:04:31 PM »
Igognito had some elo system on the server 5 years ago but I don't know if he is around anymore.

This is the thread he made about it https://forum.war2.ru/index.php?topic=2731.0

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2021, 07:07:39 PM »
How about a Tier League? Teams that win their respective tier groups get promoted/ demoted with the ultimate goal of competing in the Tier 1 group,  where the prize $ is. Could be an annual league with finals during December or whatever. 

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2021, 09:56:38 PM »
Any Gow Champs here?

Offline KingHillBilly

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2021, 02:35:58 PM »
I only see 2.

Offline Rareskills

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2021, 06:50:05 PM »
I'm not sure changing domain will change anything EQ...look at GOG and War2USA...both have streamers and US domains and no added users

Tiers could be automated based on what % of pool you rank (15 users, if u rank 1-5 u are tier 1, and so on)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 06:53:02 PM by Rareskills »