Author Topic: Auto obs + Auto teams {BETA test}  (Read 11356 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Auto obs + Auto teams {BETA test}
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2021, 12:41:57 PM »
anyway to expand this tech so, for example, players 5 6 7 8 can join a four player map, and are automatically OBS

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2021, 10:30:51 PM »
I made smurf account. Joined 4 games where I was designated as watcher. Got victory screen on all 4 games. My record was 0-4.

Online Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2021, 05:20:37 AM »
oohh u meant stats. Actually i not checked how they counts ) Just thinked if there was victory screen then all ok.
Actually i dnt know how exactly server counts those.

I will try to change way that obs works. Instead of 0 units will try to make 1 but hidden unit and they will always be allied and AV to all other players. So they will "win" game with winning players instead of leaving game after them.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 05:24:13 AM by Mistral »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2021, 11:52:40 AM »
oohh u meant stats. Actually i not checked how they counts ) Just thinked if there was victory screen then all ok.
Actually i dnt know how exactly server counts those.

I will try to change way that obs works. Instead of 0 units will try to make 1 but hidden unit and they will always be allied and AV to all other players. So they will "win" game with winning players instead of leaving game after them.
Would be best too find that two minute counter so viewers get draw. Good work mistral!!!

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2021, 03:13:47 PM »
A draw for being an Observer seems like a good compromise but Jade will hate you forever ;)
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Online Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2021, 03:51:41 PM »
So after i changed 0 units to 1 hidded unit seems like many bugs was fixed.  :thinking: :thinking:

I tested just now with Kariu and GlassOfWater

1) Chat working normally 100%  :newthumbsup:

2) I was obs in 2 games and in one game my stats not changed (i think cuz there was comp in this game)
and in other game i got +1 win  :chuckisthemuscle:

3) one of games was GOW and they hosted it in TVB mode and i was OBS. There was also He-Man and iSuck[is] and they played 2s with Kariu and GlassOfWater
and so they asked where was my spot but other 2 did not even know this cuz i was obs and my 1 unit was hidded.  :stuck_out_tongue:
So what i wanted to say is that this new feature seems like helping to make real OBS in TVB too :)
i mean to make obs that do not "give away" spots.  :thumbsup:

4) one of games was with comp and we had sucsessfully paired real player with comp in one team (with ally and viz)
but the problem is that they still need to kill that comp to win game so i will try to fix this bug next  :hug:

Offline 8)MikulZ(8

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2021, 04:17:55 PM »
At last there can be watchers on chop!!!!! awesome job Mistral like always  :chuckisthemuscle: 8)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 04:35:28 AM by 8)MikulZ(8 »

Offline Rareskills

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2021, 06:22:14 PM »
Draw for obs should be going in position, why should you get a W or L just for watching haha

Online Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2021, 10:41:40 AM »
Ok seems like fixed a thing with comps.
now you can play and WIN games with allied comps without killing them.

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2021, 01:19:05 PM »
Good job!! :) Can we put "observer" in the race menu? Instead of typing commands...

Online Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2021, 06:29:28 AM »
ok there is update

1) fixed a bug when hidden unit of obs sometimes may start attacking other players buildings.

2) observers now can see other players resources and what they build (like in observe program)

3) added command "/obs player_color" for host
host can use it during the game to make player into obs.

4) added command "/remove player_color" for host
host can use it during the game to remove player from game.

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2021, 06:46:56 AM »
It's cool, but I don't like that you have to type commands :(

When you have to type commands it will be too complicated and many will not use it, just like it was some years ago with the host bots.

It would be nice if we can have observers working without commands, the drop down box should have the observer setting in it so you get "human, orc, random, observer"

Online Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2021, 06:58:32 AM »
the problems with this is

1) gluchat.bin are in MPQ so if we change it then all ppl will need to download this file to put into their MPQ.

2) i found function that calls when you click checkbox. but i still cannot find combobox (like a list with races) and i cannot find a way to add something to this combobox.

if you know how to do it then write me pls

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2021, 10:01:16 AM »
Awesome progress resolving some of these issues.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2021, 10:05:39 AM »
Can't describe how much you are helping the game with all of this.

Yes, the new commands are a bit to learn but as people have seen the functions live they go "WOW". It'll catch on enough that people WANT to do it and will learn it. I've been using it and it's great. (dropped once though only yesterday)

So, you can kick people from games now as host? Clan DD is in trouble. Also, maybe that function should only be for obs or something? I see that function being abused for sure.

What are the conditions for making a player obs mid game? Or I guess, what would be the reasoning for the function?

No sense in doing it 5mins into the game or 1min into the game if they are playing (bad spot, ooops). If you do this and the player already made buildings, what happens to the buildings? If a player was formerly playing on a team and let's say he has 1 peon left and asks to obs, then they will see other team's resources so that wouldn't work. I can think of other ways to abuse it but prefer not to say it.