War2.ru Slogan
News: New responsive forum theme available!
Click here to switch! More info here!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

People can't join my games, yes I've read the how to port forward etc...help plz 253  3

Critter Posts: 2 Karma: +0/-0 *

Leveran

• Critter
    • View Profile
People can't join my games, yes I've read the how to port forward etc...help plz
« on: October 07, 2021, 02:00:23 PM »
Hey guys!
     First, if you're taking the time to read this THANK YOU. Here's my situation:

I am trying to play with my kid, both in the same house, over the same network. I am using an AT&T hotspot Netgear mobile nighthawk, which is on an IP pass-through to a Linksys AC1200 router. Whether I create the game or he does, neither of us can join because of high latency. Blah blah blah, I've port forwarded everything I can possibly think of, set static IP's to our machines, downloaded the latest BNE edition, went to bed at 3 am defeated.

Does anyone have any experience getting that to work? I am confident the issue lies somewhere in my setup, because I went to my brother's house, logged into WAR2BNE, and set up a game open to anyone and people were able to join.

I am starting to think maybe it is the real IP issue? But I thought the newer version of BNE allowed people to play regardless of that? Perhaps I am wrong. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much! It is a great day to die.
Server Admin Death Knight Posts: 3207 Karma: +146/-11 The General *****

~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: People can't join my games, yes I've read the how to port forward etc...help plz
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 02:29:38 PM »
@Available @Mistral @iL

There is a lot of information in this section Lev that should solve your issue. I would probably dig around in this support section for some assistance until one of the support admins become available.
Critter Posts: 2 Karma: +0/-0 *

Leveran

• Critter
    • View Profile
Re: People can't join my games, yes I've read the how to port forward etc...help plz
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 02:40:25 PM »
Will do that, thanks so much! I didn't see this section sorry about that!
Grunt Posts: 110 Karma: +7/-0 ***

8)MikulZ(8

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 05:02:19 PM »
Did you tick the "random port" when choosing install options? You will need to tick that to play with 2 computers on the same network.