Author Topic: [Release] Warcraft II Widescreen / High resolution patch  (Read 109632 times)

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Warcraft II Widescreen / High resolution patch
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2021, 01:05:33 PM »
I just released a new test version, check the first post for the download link. https://forum.war2.ru/index.php?topic=6461.0

Changelog:
Can now be tested on the main .ru server as well
Fixed some more issues with the GOG version
Streaming/Recording is now possible via OBS game capture
The lobby is now running in fullscreen with presentation "Fullscreen" and "Fullscreen Upscaled" and the old mode where it switches to windowed is still possible via "Borderless"
Most plugins are supported now. Some lambchops plugins like the lobby map are not working yet, but they will be functional very soon (He's working on it)
Some more UI fixes: The Allies/Messages buttons are now aligned and the chat messages are aligned properly now too
Added updated textures for 960x544 and 832x480 made by Alukret
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 09:19:06 PM by fois »

Offline Mad-Luster77

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2021, 03:23:56 PM »
And to think I was planning on going back to RU a bit more consistently.  At least keep that out of the USA server so I still have somewhere to play.  Or make it some sort of toggle option or lobby vote before the game starts.

*EDIT* - Oh wait, I just saw the no-hd thing.  Hopefully that is still in effect for now.  With it being indisputably advantageous for someone to view more of the screen than another person, I think it would only be fair to always leave it as an option.  Without any control over its use, the game is no longer balanced.  Call it as minimal of an advantage as you want, but it is still an advantage.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 03:32:07 PM by Mad-Luster77 »

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2021, 07:03:26 PM »
And to think I was planning on going back to RU a bit more consistently.  At least keep that out of the USA server so I still have somewhere to play.  Or make it some sort of toggle option or lobby vote before the game starts.

*EDIT* - Oh wait, I just saw the no-hd thing.  Hopefully that is still in effect for now.  With it being indisputably advantageous for someone to view more of the screen than another person, I think it would only be fair to always leave it as an option.  Without any control over its use, the game is no longer balanced.  Call it as minimal of an advantage as you want, but it is still an advantage.

damn lets cancel patch for person who is not even playing on ru

xDDDDDDD
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Alukret

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2021, 08:01:59 PM »
to view more of the screen than another person
Religion forbids you to see more screen ?

Good job, Fois!
I waited this patch for about 15 years and you are the man who made it real.

Offline Mad-Luster77

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2021, 08:23:01 PM »

damn lets cancel patch for person who is not even playing on ru

xDDDDDDD

I am just sharing my point of view and concern on it, like everyone else was.  I think it is good if more people share opinions.

Also, I mentioned that I was planning on playing more on the RU server.  I played a couple games on there last night, which was the day before I found out about this.  It was my first time playing there in weeks.  I wanted to make a return, which would qualify me as someone that plays on RU.  I think catering to returning players is just as important as catering to active players.  Catering to new players is also very important for keeping the game alive.  There will be some people that love this and some people that hate it.  Maybe it will even bring new people in if they think "Hey this is cool, I want to try these new settings on this oldschool game from my childhood", but maybe it will also deter potential returning players from returning.  If there is some sort of pre-game option for it, maybe it would be better for catering to everyone?  I know it would probably cause a hassle for streaming though.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2021, 03:46:03 AM »
yes so lets split community again, cause you dont like HD version, great job

you dont like it? you dont use it, but dont ban people cause they are using it or cry that you lost cause this newb got HD and without HD you would win game!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2021, 12:32:22 PM »
I just released a new test version, check the first post for the download link. https://forum.war2.ru/index.php?topic=6461.0

Changelog:
The lobby is now running in fullscreen with presentation "Fullscreen" and "Fullscreen Upscaled" and the old mode where it switches to windowed is still possible via "Borderless"
Most plugins are supported now. Some lambchops plugins like the lobby map are not working yet, but they will be functional very soon (He's working on it)
Some more UI fixes: The Allies/Messages buttons are now aligned and the chat messages are aligned properly now too

Should allow testing on multiplayer version now.

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2021, 06:42:50 PM »

Changelog:

Should allow testing on multiplayer version now.
LOOLOLOL didnt even read the first bullet you had.  My bad.

Offline Dudakurten

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2021, 06:44:54 AM »
To enable high quality upscaling you'll have to open Warcraft_II_HD_Config and choose the following settings:

Any option to decrease the quality even more? Looks like to heavy for me. I did some changes and is a little bit better, but perhaps you know a better solution.

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2021, 02:24:38 PM »
To enable high quality upscaling you'll have to open Warcraft_II_HD_Config and choose the following settings:

Any option to decrease the quality even more? Looks like to heavy for me. I did some changes and is a little bit better, but perhaps you know a better solution.

Does it work better with this dd-hd.ini file here?

Note: this is not perfect yet, it runs the lobby in a window but it's using direct3d which should be faster

Offline Vulpen

• Peon
  • Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Hiveworkshop account
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2021, 08:01:24 PM »
Hey, I played around with your patch and it seems to be doing wonders!
However, I tried to load .glslp shaders (which are basically a file pointing to several .glsl shaders, rendered in passes) and the config tool didn't seem to be able to find them.
Do you plan to add support for .glslp files in the future? I think it would really help with finding shaders that don't screw up the dithering in the fog of war and building shadows.
Anyway, cheers!  :critter:

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2021, 05:48:04 PM »
Hey, I played around with your patch and it seems to be doing wonders!
However, I tried to load .glslp shaders (which are basically a file pointing to several .glsl shaders, rendered in passes) and the config tool didn't seem to be able to find them.
Do you plan to add support for .glslp files in the future? I think it would really help with finding shaders that don't screw up the dithering in the fog of war and building shadows.
Anyway, cheers!  :critter:

Hi, glad to hear you like the patch!

multi-pass shaders are currently not supported hence why you can only use the .glsl files directly. I'm planning to add support for .glslp files later, but it will take quite some effort so it'll probably take some time to get it done.

I wrote a script to filter out all unsupported shaders and put the supported ones into a package, you can find it here: https://github.com/CnCNet/cnc-ddraw/releases/download/v4.4.5.0/shader-package.zip

Offline Rareskills

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2021, 08:00:51 PM »
Man there is a lot of bitching about some of the most insignificant things in this world going on herr. Just play the game, if you think it adds an advantage use it and adapt, if you don't like it, don't play against players with it or use it as motivation to beat them. Respect the decision of the community and move on

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2021, 02:11:26 AM »

Changelog:
Fixed a bug with the chat not drawing/refreshing properly

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2021, 09:10:19 AM »

Changelog:
Rewrote the game's drawing functions to improve the performance - Patch now requires a CPU with SSE2 support (Pentium 4 and newer)
All message boxes are now centered
All resolutions can now be chosen from a single .exe file, open Warcraft_II_HD.ini in notepad to change your resolution
Added a new resolution "1280x704"
Added updated UI textures made by Alukret (1280x704)
Lambchops updated his lc.dll and lobby_map plugin to work with the patch  - Check the first post for the download link
Added support for InSight - Check the first post for the download link