This is a custom campaign, work-in-progress
, telling the tale of Holls Hammer, first daughter to King Hammer and Paladin of the Violet Rose. Included so far are the first eight missions, of an eventual sixteen.TO PLAY THIS, YOU MUST FOLLOW THE "TO PLAY" INSTRUCTIONS BELOW! If you don't, the computer will follow the default ai behaviors and the maps will both not be a challenge, and you'll miss out on the fun of customized ai for the maps. You'll also miss out on a bunch of aesthetic changes too.Download:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DIQJ0UFzMewVnQ4xNjttfMxaoluKtkuuFeatures:
Features to come...
- 8/16 maps complete for Human Campaign
- Mission briefing images, telling the tale of Holls Hammer and the fall of the Vail Kingdom.
- Maps that are hopefully a new and fun Warcraft II experience
- Many units have stats and names tweaked.
- Each level has a custom ai, tailored for that level and meant to present an actual challenge.
- Included "karma challenge" for each mission, an optional *hard mode* for anyone who's up for it.
- The additional 8 levels for this campaign. Followed by an orc one if I'm feeling ambitious.
- Bio's for the characters discussed in the mission briefings to help keep that short and sweet while providing some additional grounding.
- (Hopefully) wholesale custom units, when I can figure out how to do that.
I've drawn most of the characters myself, but most of the portraits are based on other artworks I've found online. My style's still too cartoony to match the WCII style. Need to credit the artists who's work the portraits are based on.
- Character voices are still the default... which isn't ideal for, say, my protagonist. Still unsure what to do about this.
In your main Warcombat folder, copy the War2Dat.mpq file somewhere safe on your computer and place the downloaded War2Dat.mpq file attached in its place. This will apply all the graphic, string, and ai changes. Keep in mind this may screw up the default campaign, but if you want to play that, just move the original War2Dat file back.
Then load the through the Custom Games option in Warcraft II, with all fields set to the map defaults. These are not yet added to the games default campaign.
Every mission comes with a briefing .PNG, read it before hand for some hack story telling and mission objectives!Screenshots