Poll

Warcraft II Widescreen / High resolution patch available for multiplayer?

Yes, but only 832x480
1 (4.5%)
Yes, but only 960x544
2 (9.1%)
Yes, all resolutions, even those above 960x544
16 (72.7%)
No, keep it for single player only
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: November 06, 2021, 09:00:06 AM

Author Topic: [Poll] Allow Widescreen / High resolution patch for multiplayer games?  (Read 7134 times)

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: [Poll] Allow Widescreen / High resolution patch for multiplayer games?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2021, 04:05:10 AM »
You are not going to attract new players to war2, you need to keep current players and past seasonal players happy. So far all these great idea's have just made people leave. Ob's was a good add on, altering the game play is not

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2021, 09:36:32 AM »
This is happening SG.  18-2 for yes, it’s not even close.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2021, 12:45:51 PM »
18-2 of which, 50% of the people on here don't play? (as u8 mentioned) I don't even know who half of these people are in the first place, hah.

Still missing a large part of the population though. PS- Don't ask all 40 of player's smurfs as 40 votes. It would be funny if we got 20 votes of 150 people and 120 quit!!! (not realistic I know, but proving a point)

Truth is, I'm not sure there are enough dedicated/competitive players to win the vote (no change) anyways. You'll have someone who logs on 5x a week with a vote and then someone who logs on every other week ("for fun") with a vote. Or even every 3 weeks. Either way, 1 vote is 1 vote.

I agree with Fois though. If at least 75% agreed, then it is what it is at that point. SC2 FTW!!!  :'(
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 12:54:50 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2021, 01:00:33 PM »
Looks like the majority that voted are active players.  Not sure who Vendar is, but it's probably esn.  KHB doesn't play much, but his opinion matters since he's in agreement with me.  Let's be honest though, no one is going to quit war2 because there is an option to adjust the resolution to widescreen. 

Offline Raz

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2021, 01:06:08 PM »
Can people elaborate on it being an advantage for those who have a widescreen? I certainly don't plan on buying a monitor, I'm just playing on my laptop

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2021, 01:10:49 PM »
Can people elaborate on it being an advantage for those who have a widescreen? I certainly don't plan on buying a monitor, I'm just playing on my laptop

It does work without widescreen monitor as well.
And since the most votes were for "Yes, all resolutions, even those above 960x544" we can also have a new resolution for those that don't have a widescreen monitor such as 800x600 for example.

And I'll make a new version for harry as well where he can see less, 320x240

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2021, 01:41:03 PM »
lol

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2021, 01:56:44 PM »

It's an advantage because you can see more of your base when you increase the resolution.  The 3 screenshots below are on GOW at the far bottom right corner of the map.  With the current resolution you can't see the gold mine.  With 832x480, you can see the gold mine and a bit more.  With 960x544 you can also see the alter at the top of the Fort.  Not really a bid deal in my opinion. 

Standard View:

832x480:

960x544:

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2021, 02:02:23 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2021, 02:29:49 PM »

It's an advantage because you can see more of your base when you increase the resolution.  The 3 screenshots below are on GOW at the far bottom right corner of the map.  With the current resolution you can't see the gold mine.  With 832x480, you can see the gold mine and a bit more.  With 960x544 you can also see the alter at the top of the Fort.  Not really a bid deal in my opinion. 

Standard View:

832x480:

960x544:

Guys stop saying it's an advantage, it's not, it's an advantage only if a particular bunch of players have acces to it, if everyone have acces to it, then it's not an advantage but a choice from the player himself.

Exemple: U8 making MPQ modification for his personal purpose.. This is an advantage, cuz hes the only one to have acces to those personal modification.

Exemple 2: Buying a mouse to made macro on it with Hotkeys: It's an advantage for sure, but everyone have acces to buy a new mouse and make macro.

So its not an advantage anymore but a choice, If someone dont want to spent 40$ in 2021, what can we do?

Exemple 3, monitor: When you play First personal shooter, you will increase ur skills with a 144 hrz monitor, yes it's an advantage, but everyone can buy a monitor.

Do i think it's right, no, i dont think it is, but this how the world is made, there hardware outside that can improve ur skills, sadly they are there and they will stay there, the only way to get on that lvl is to invest on them and adapt to that new world.

But even if i dont like those hardwares, they will always be sold and at this point it's became my personal choice to get it or not.

For me, i will spent on them cuz i love to be the best i can and if i dont i will not be and it will be my own fault.

There an ethic invisible line thats we must consider.

Yes there things that give advantage to some players, like, mouse, monitors, a better video card, a better computer.. Yes all those things can improve ur skills. But all those things are accesible to everyone.

Now there also other things that can give advantage, MPQ modification, hacks, everything that need a modification in the game itself, you could told me what happen if i made a hacks and sold it to public.

Then yes it will be accecible to everyone, but it's where we cant cross the line, those mpq modification are not approve by the game and the community itself.. You see the difference, because when you do this kind of modification, it's just cheating over the real code source of the game, is literally changing the code source. So from there it's not acceptable.

Those kind of modifications need to be updates from the game itself.

You cant change the code source, everyone must be sett on the same code source all the time.

You cant bring ur personal code source and say, the game work that way for me, fuck ur code source, i play with my code source.

You cant do that, thats the line you cant cross.

Another exemple: HOTKEYS modification.

Yes If ur the only one who can edit ur hotkeys because you know how to edit the mpq, then you cross the line.

But if you add those hotkeys modification to the public and everyone have acces to it, it's not anymore, because you actually dont change the original code source, those update are the new code source approve by the game and the community itself.

Everyone can make his own personal Hotkeys from the game itself.

Let's take the best exemple for it.

You are a car racer, you goes to a competition.

You can put the engine you want in ur cars, thats a rule from the competition, everyone is able to choose his cars and his engine.

But you cant say, im gonna change the circuit, you roll on that circuit, and i roll on that one.. No bro.. Everyone will roll on the same circuit, but ur allow to make ur own engine and ur own car, cuz that a rule from the game.

So thats the same for hotkeys, the game is a circuit, the hotkeys are your engine.

You must roll on the same circuit as everyone, but ur able to use the engine you want in ur car.

Because we give to everyone the same list of what you can use or not, and from that list you choose the best engines you think will make you win.

Now this list can be personal and secret too, because thats ur intelligence and creativity that make the difference with other players, secret hotkeys from a possible list of hotkeys.

Is like playing poker, everyone got different cards, but we all play with the same package, now only my choice will made the difference from a basic package that everyone use where i will made my perssonal choice from a commune package.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 02:58:54 PM by Nox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2021, 03:06:28 PM »

Standard View:

832x480:

960x544:

Guys stop saying it's an advantage, it's not, it's an advantage only if a particular bunch of players have acces to it, if everyone have acces to it, then it's not an advantage but a choice from the player himself.

Exemple: U8 making MPQ modification for his personal purpose.. This is an advantage, cuz hes the only one to have acces to those personal modification.

Exemple 2: Buying a mouse to made macro on it with Hotkeys: It's an advantage for sure, but everyone have acces to buy a new mouse and make macro.

So its not an advantage anymore but a choice, If someone dont want to spent 40$ in 2021, what can we do?

Exemple 3, monitor: When you play First personal shooter, you will increase ur skills with a 144 hrz monitor, yes it's an advantage, but everyone can buy a monitor.

Do i think it's right, no, i dont think it is, but this how the world is made, there hardware outside that can improve ur skills, sadly they are there and they will stay there, the only way to get on that lvl is to invest on them and adapt to that new world.

But even if i dont like those hardwares, they will always be sold and at this point it's became my personal choice to get it or not.

For me, i will spent on them cuz i love to be the best i can and if i dont i will not be and it will be my own fault.

There an ethic invisible line thats we must consider.

Yes there things that give advantage to some players, like, mouse, monitors, a better video card, a better computer.. Yes all those things can improve ur skills. But all those things are accesible to everyone.

Now there also other things that can give advantage, MPQ modification, hacks, everything that need a modification in the game itself, you could told me what happen if i made a hacks and sold it to public.

Then yes it will be accecible to everyone, but it's where we cant cross the line, those mpq modification are not approve by the game and the community itself.. You see the difference, because when you do this kind of modification, it's just cheating over the real code source of the game, is literally changing the code source. So from there it's not acceptable.

Those kind of modifications need to be updates from the game itself.

You cant change the code source, everyone must be sett on the same code source all the time.

You cant bring ur personal code source and say, the game work that way for me, fuck ur code source, i play with my code source.

You cant do that, thats the line you cant cross.

Another exemple: HOTKEYS modification.

Yes If ur the only one who can edit ur hotkeys because you know how to edit the mpq, then you cross the line.

But if you add those hotkeys modification to the public and everyone have acces to it, it's not anymore, because you actually dont change the original code source, those update are the new code source approve by the game and the community itself.

Everyone can make his own personal Hotkeys from the game itself.

Let's take the best exemple for it.

You are a car racer, you goes to a competition.

You can put the engine you want in ur cars, thats a rule from the competition, everyone is able to choose his cars and his engine.

But you cant say, im gonna change the circuit, you roll on that circuit, and i roll on that one.. No bro.. Everyone will roll on the same circuit, but ur allow to make ur own engine and ur own car, cuz that a rule from the game.

So thats the same for hotkeys, the game is a circuit, the hotkeys are your engine.

You must roll on the same circuit as everyone, but ur able to use the engine you want in ur car.

Because we give to everyone the same list of what you can use or not, and from that list you choose the best engines you think will make you win.

Now this list can be personal and secret too, because thats ur intelligence and creativity that make the difference with other players, secret hotkeys from a possible list of hotkeys.

Is like playing poker, everyone got different cards, but we all play with the same package, now only my choice will made the difference from a basic package that everyone use where i will made my perssonal choice from a commune package.

TLDR: It's an advantage.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2021, 03:17:48 PM »
lol

lol touche

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2021, 05:24:28 AM »
Equinox, everyone could download map hack and use it also, does that make it ok? :| Your reasoning is retarded. As for the "You can see the goldmine, I don't think it's that big of an advantage" LOL

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2021, 05:24:58 AM »
Anyway I don't really care, you have all sucked for 25 years, it's not like it's going to make you suck any less. Glhf

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2021, 11:53:27 AM »
Equinox, everyone could download map hack and use it also, does that make it ok? :| Your reasoning is retarded. As for the "You can see the goldmine, I don't think it's that big of an advantage" LOL

Did you even read more then 2 lines?

Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.