Author Topic: ladder demoting sistem  (Read 9619 times)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: ladder demoting sistem
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2021, 09:22:22 PM »
what? we don't get paid???

Im sure there alot of peoples who would love to take care of that for free, but you dont want no more peoples in that staff and if it happen than admins gonna spit in there face, right tora?
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2021, 06:25:55 AM »

Im sure there alot of peoples who would love to take care of that for free, but you dont want no more peoples in that staff and if it happen than admins gonna spit in there face, right tora?

Still harping over the master tag challege u were running huh.
When you pick up a project to oversee you should do it for yourself and the community.
The fact you got so upset over me saying “you sucked at it” while I was drunk shows a lot lol. We didn’t even take running master tag away from you.
You just quit lmao.

Even this ladder if we gave it to you to run you would be hyped for 3-4 weeks then get pissed people don’t like all the new changes and quit.

And yes I am busier than most people you meet on a day to day basis.
war2 > war3

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2021, 07:32:27 AM »

Still harping over the master tag challege u were running huh.
When you pick up a project to oversee you should do it for yourself and the community.
The fact you got so upset over me saying “you sucked at it” while I was drunk shows a lot lol. We didn’t even take running master tag away from you.
You just quit lmao.

Even this ladder if we gave it to you to run you would be hyped for 3-4 weeks then get pissed people don’t like all the new changes and quit.

And yes I am busier than most people you meet on a day to day basis.

Sucking at it is probably still better of aint doing shit at all like you...

You think i will wait untill you throw me like a trash? And make fun of me?  Sure i just leave if you feel the need to talkshit on my back and telling everyone you gonna kick me.

You had nothing else to do to just respect my decisions, because at the end you cant even take decisions urself.

Ur just letting those masters challenge dying and you dont give a shit bro.

You got no time for it, ok, but dont fuck peoples who try to make things going up, because at the end your just looking like a hater and a party breaker, and not only against me, but against the entire community.

You have emotionally fall into the trap of teaboy, because teaboy was harrassing you all the time, when you gonna do something against equinox, equinox is crazy... And just because ur a coward who cant say, TEABOY SHUT UP, ENOUPH IS ENOUPH, you prefere spit on me like a trash and talkshit. You suppose to be an admin here, and you suppose to show exemple, but ur the one that get drunk and supposly talkshit because of it..

The truth is, 10% of the server was maybe crying, and they were not crying cuz the job was wrong, they were crying cuz it was equinox who was doing it and it was fun to troll equinox again.

But for those 10% you punish 90% of the entire server whos was clearly loving and enjoying those new rules even if it was probably not perfect, because at least, something was going on, they were activites, challenge, love,passion, and you destroy it like everything i try to do on this server for the last 10 years.

Thats the only and the entire truth, i know it, you know it, we all know it!

And not only you cant say sorry im a drunk fucktard, you must try to be right and laugh at it.

Ur useless and sure im mad, we all know it, you guys make me the guy i am today, a bunch of trolls who make fun of someone who have always try to take cares of them.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 07:52:22 AM by Delete ME NOW! »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2021, 09:22:09 AM »
I know you can't have a ladder being completely 100% legit all the time. But we could try. And do something like demote rank if inactive 3 days, that way there is constant movement and dodging isn't a big issue. No one will get rank 1 and go smurf or go inactive because he will lose rank quick. I think that's a good start. I'm not sure how the ELO or MMR systems work to know what's best or if there is another option.
What then happens though is that a hypothetical top player might only play one game every few days and it's always against Paladin664 or something.  The other thing that happens is if we say, well, you have to play a top 5 or top 10 player every 5 days, then the top player could log on for a few hours a couple different days and go "anyone here?  need to play a top 5 person.  anyone here?" and there's no one around, and then they get demoted unfairly.

Anyway, though, this is something we can try.  (Equinox, I am just trying to get feedback before deciding how to proceed.  I'm not trying to stop this from happening, I'm just trying to think of all the components of it.)

--------------------

:pig: :wc2:

Maybe we should do a summer season.  On June 1, we can have iL delete every player on the ladder's rank.  The rest of their info can be left as is and I think it should work... Season could end August 29.  I mean, ladder won't be turned off after August 29, but on August 29 we'll see who is in first place and won the season.  Maybe we can schedule a series between #1 and #2 for that day, whoever it may be.

This gives us until June to work out how to deal with dodging or inactivity or just difficulty finding opponents!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2021, 01:02:51 PM »
You had nothing else to do to just respect my decisions, because at the end you cant even take decisions urself.

I think the fact myself and the other admins let you run it without question is enough respect. Everything else is irrelevant.
war2 > war3

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2021, 01:27:22 PM »
I get it resetting the ladder and starting ladder say in June is not a huge issue. But I just thought of to try something different with the map pool and see how that goes. How could we implement that. If we make ladder for a certain map pool I think it would promote diversity instead of just gow. This would even help out newer players (obviously they won't win) but if everyone is learning new maps then there is no clear favorite to win the season. We could use user created maps for a few of the pool. I know Nedro and some other people have made pretty decent ones.

I mean I've been playing gow since 98 and can continue playing it, I just think some changes and to freshen things up and can't really damage anything to try it.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2021, 08:33:07 PM »
I know you can't have a ladder being completely 100% legit all the time. But we could try. And do something like demote rank if inactive 3 days, that way there is constant movement and dodging isn't a big issue. No one will get rank 1 and go smurf or go inactive because he will lose rank quick. I think that's a good start. I'm not sure how the ELO or MMR systems work to know what's best or if there is another option.
What then happens though is that a hypothetical top player might only play one game every few days and it's always against Paladin664 or something.  The other thing that happens is if we say, well, you have to play a top 5 or top 10 player every 5 days, then the top player could log on for a few hours a couple different days and go "anyone here?  need to play a top 5 person.  anyone here?" and there's no one around, and then they get demoted unfairly.

Anyway, though, this is something we can try.  (Equinox, I am just trying to get feedback before deciding how to proceed.  I'm not trying to stop this from happening, I'm just trying to think of all the components of it.)

--------------------

:pig: :wc2:

Maybe we should do a summer season.  On June 1, we can have iL delete every player on the ladder's rank.  The rest of their info can be left as is and I think it should work... Season could end August 29.  I mean, ladder won't be turned off after August 29, but on August 29 we'll see who is in first place and won the season.  Maybe we can schedule a series between #1 and #2 for that day, whoever it may be.

This gives us until June to work out how to deal with dodging or inactivity or just difficulty finding opponents!

Since you want some feedback, then here mine.

- Six Months season is too long, what we need here is to bring peoples to enjoy the ladder, after only 3 months peoples gonna get borred because they gonna see basicly the same top 10.
So what we want here is to always reseting the ladder the fast as we can so peoples cant forgot that season and start back on a new one. It's kinda a refresh way to always say to ourself, ok i did a bad season but this one gonna be better... But if you let six months, peoples just gonna give up and will not cares about it anymore, a new season mean '' new goals '' 3 months season would be the best!

- Map Pool... 8 maps pool every 3 months. 6 Maps should always stay the base of the map pool, untouch map.... GoW, PoS, Gold Separate East and West, B2B, FOC, HSC... The 2 other maps would be 2 randoms map every 3 months. Created map, so peoples can create map during the season, send it to forum, people cant talk about those maps and give advices, fix bugs, found name for them, and then 2 weeks before the new season start, people can vote for the 2 maps they wanna see in the next season pool.

- The website... Now you must use that damn website, because this website is basicly dead, while it will suppose to be the most important part of this server, when new players join us, they dont go on the forum, they go on the website and they see last activities where 6 months ago, they basicly think this game dead and they just give up. This website should be ALIVE, like massive updates all the time... Now everytime we get new map in the new ladder pool, you make a great presentation of them, An image of the map, the name map, type of map, tips to play that map etc etc.. You help to make those maps popular, you created a buzz around them, and the best way for that is to using the website himself! You also can rewards peoples who have play those map the most during the season. Maybe a cash prize, maybe a special icon for random map player, maybe a tournament between most active player on those map..

- Hall of fame records... Now you also can created a kind of Hall of fame records page on the website... Where every winner of each season will be show, best win streak, best wins on random map etc etc. Just a way to give importance to those players, a kind of achivement that push player to be on that list. You can find alot of different records for alot of different peoples, just need to be creative.

We can do so much with this game, but if we stay here thinking we too old, we will get no where, let me told you lol.

Better trying thing and fail, because staying here doing nothing it's already a fail.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 08:54:23 PM by Delete ME NOW! »

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2021, 09:41:42 PM »
If people want to log on and play gow for a couple hours and log off that's cool. There doesn't seem to be interest in any upgrading. So I guess people like stuff the way it is.

Sometimes I get a desire to do some stuff but with no support/help there's no use.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2021, 11:09:27 PM »
I think there's a way to play IronMan isn't there?  As I recall one of the loaders has an option to enable IronMan, maybe even to unlock it to EF

I could make the ladder only count certain maps, could certainly be done, although then people playing gow having it not count might be annoyed.  So I guess this is pointing to having iL install a duplicate ladder, if he is willing.

I get that 3 months might be too long Eq but is 1 month long enough?  maybe?

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2021, 02:04:42 AM »
I think there's a way to play IronMan isn't there?  As I recall one of the loaders has an option to enable IronMan, maybe even to unlock it to EF

I could make the ladder only count certain maps, could certainly be done, although then people playing gow having it not count might be annoyed.  So I guess this is pointing to having iL install a duplicate ladder, if he is willing.

6 months is too long, 3 months is perfect, 1 month is way too short, most of every games at the moment in 2021 use 3 months season format.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 02:07:50 AM by Delete ME NOW! »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2021, 08:24:30 AM »

Would it be possible to have their stats added up without showing on the ladder? I think it’s a good idea.
war2 > war3

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2021, 08:26:06 AM »
I agree with EQ, Blid.  Instead of starting with a Jun 1 through Aug 29 season, we should do 3 months.

Offline Wargasm

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2021, 09:52:04 AM »
If you really want to spark interest and competition - DO A TEAM LADDER SIMILAR TO CASES LADDER. Not another 1s ladder or league that will have the same results. Max 3 veterans per team + 1 newb.

1s are too boring. 2s+ get more people involved and caring - and it’s more fun in general.

Offline Wargasm

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2021, 10:09:45 AM »
With all the other games out there that have leagues - I don’t think (but I don’t know bc this is the only game I play) the player base is having to create the team ladder? Are we trying to recreate the wheel here? It doesn’t have to be automated - I think we could handle having to go report games on a website? Aren’t there free (or super cheap) league websites we can join / host a War2 league on?

Offline Wargasm

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2021, 12:03:13 PM »