Poll

Should Ritalin be banned from the server and his account(s) locked until he gives Burnt's FB group back

yes
4 (23.5%)
no
13 (76.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: July 31, 2021, 06:49:34 PM

Author Topic: Should Ritalin Be banned from the server with accounts locked  (Read 9088 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Should Ritalin Be banned from the server with accounts locked
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2021, 03:37:25 PM »
I know exactly why not everybody is doing this issue the same as me. They are justifying theft because the victim is somebody they don't like. It's no secret I have not been his biggest fan. He lied to the entire Community saying I was harassing him. He fabricated some story about blade and Jordan being the same people. He befriended arguably one of the most toxic members of this community and then put that friendship Above the Rest of the community. But none of that justifies anybody stealing something he created from him. It just doesn't. There's no changing my mind on that. And it really bothers me that people in this community who have the most influence are willing to justify taking something that doesn't belong to them like that. I don't want to be a part of it

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2021, 03:40:08 PM »
I offered a very valid alternative. I have a group with more members, many of the exact same members. Less content though I will admit. But adding content is not that difficult. But apparently more difficult than just taking what somebody else has already created.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2021, 03:40:43 PM »
Now we don't want your Facebook group with more members. We need to take control of burns

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2021, 03:41:40 PM »
And don't get it twisted. The only reason the Polish are supporting you is because you are the one feeding them money for tournament. They're not going to bite the hand that feeds them

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2021, 03:55:35 PM »
It's not even like you stole anything that has value. The only person that it has long-term value to is burnt. This community is so f****** dead that there is literally no point in even having control of it. You can't do anything with it. You haven't done anything with it. Anything that has been done hasn't benefited the community in a long time. It's not like we're gaining members. We are losing them. Which is natural. Normal. There's no stopping it without spending a whole bunch of money. Doesn't seem like anybody is any hurry to dump Dawson's of dollars into advertising which I don't blame them. But you literally took something from the only person who will believe it's worth anything in 5 or 10 years

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2021, 03:56:37 PM »
So in five or ten years ritalin or whoever else has access to it will be scrolling through and seeing all of the work that somebody else did. And they will be thinking to themselves tea, I'm so glad I took this from that person. Cool story

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2021, 03:56:49 PM »
He befriended arguably one of the most toxic members of this community and then put that friendship Above the Rest of the community.

I am still friends with many players on the server and players who no longer play. The only people who have beef with me started talking shit to me first. They are too butt-hurt over van owning them in the chat.

Offline Mad-Luster77

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2021, 04:10:45 PM »
I've asked to be demoted. Insane to me members of the community are ok with theft, even if it's against someone they dont like.

Might see what USA has to offer.. or if there is potential for growth there. Idk. Best of luck all

It's actually been growing pretty fast and becoming more active.  There's been more active recruitment for GoG and USA than there has been for RU.

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2021, 04:32:46 PM »
Damn the community No'd you hard.  I agree with you that the page belongs to Burnt and should be his, but this is his problem not a server admin problem.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2021, 04:50:01 PM »
I know exactly why not everybody is doing this issue the same as me. They are justifying theft because the victim is somebody they don't like. It's no secret I have not been his biggest fan. He lied to the entire Community saying I was harassing him. He fabricated some story about blade and Jordan being the same people. He befriended arguably one of the most toxic members of this community and then put that friendship Above the Rest of the community. But none of that justifies anybody stealing something he created from him. It just doesn't. There's no changing my mind on that. And it really bothers me that people in this community who have the most influence are willing to justify taking something that doesn't belong to them like that. I don't want to be a part of it

I think it's the fact that you wanted to ban a player over it and came out very hostile out the gate. Also the fact right off the back your like "this is how it is if you don't agree your wrong." That's not how you engage in a discussion.
Pretty much lost everyone at that point
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2021, 04:55:34 PM »
And don't get it twisted. The only reason the Polish are supporting you is because you are the one feeding them money for tournament. They're not going to bite the hand that feeds them

This is directed at who?
war2 > war3

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2021, 05:04:47 PM »
The quote Tora just...quoted from Tk I agree with his opinion. But, Tk, as much as you agree, and I think most people do, MORALLY (even though it's Burnts own fault for giving admin and all he will do it with is hurt the RU server), that doesn't justify using your admin responsibility to leverage Rit from revoking it on a non-war2RU related issue.

You can think of it this way. This is simply an analogy. Say you have 2 individuals in court and in front of a judge. One party was immoral, and other party broke the law. The judge will not favor/rule towards the immoral person because the other person broke the law. That is because is it the law and opinions and morals don't really mean much when it comes to that. In this sense, you are judging towards the immoral person due to personal reasons as opposed to upholding the law.

Unless the Facebook pages belongs to RU, as iL stated, it does not, then it is a non-war2ru matter. I don't agree with your approach Tk, but I do think everyone makes mistakes (weather you believe it is one or not) and I still don't think this situation calls for a resignment/forced retirement.

Maybe everyone is overreating a bit on this right now.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 05:17:24 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2021, 05:21:14 PM »
Alright, so I'm going to resolve this issue real quick.  I'm going to give Burnt back his admin to the Facebook group and page. 

I just want to make it clear that all of this could have been avoided if Burnt kept his emotions in check.  Did I want to demote Burnt from the Facebook group? Absolutely not.  Hell, I would like to work with Burnt to help promote the server.  If only we were promoting on there properly rather than wasting our time getting upset over who said this and who said that.  Some of us would rather sit around on this forum and act like children.  It's not all of you but I think it's pretty clear with the 4 yes voters here plus Burnt.  For the past couple of days, I've been wondering why we're even dealing with all of this in the first place.  I think that the most level-headed people on here will agree that this shouldn't even be happening.

It's a shame that the person who created the page and group can't seem to be mature enough to manage it properly.  The page and group have gained so much of a following, not because it's simply Burnt's page, but because they represent the server.  Most followers probably believe these are official pages for the server.  Burnt used the server to gain that following.  Now he's upset with everyone and wants to change everything because his pride is hurt.  Because he believes it's "MINE MINE MINE".  What a selfish attitude that we could all do without.  I just wish he wouldn't be so offended and emotionally impulsive.  Ideally, it would have been nice to see him looking at the group and page as a contribution to the community and something that belongs to the community.  If he had that attitude, then none of this would have happened to begin with.  We should be better than this.

I have my own plans to advertise and renew interest in the game by using all of our social media.  If Burnt chooses to demote me or change things around to something irrelevant or War2USa, then so be it.  Perhaps I will create my own page and group. 

I also want to acknowledge the fact that IL has pretty much said on this forum what I wanted to say, probably even better than I could say it.  I would rather put my trust in a server run by a guy like IL rather than Tupac.  So if Burnt and TK would like to go that route... no problem.  I think the majority of us know better and this server will benefit more due to the character of the one that runs it and the character of the people behind them.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2021, 05:54:56 PM »
It's a shame that the person who created the page and group can't seem to be mature enough to manage it properly.

From my point of view it's a bigger shame to steal other peoples pages because you think he dont take cares of it properly when you cant actually take cares of the main war2ru website and the ladder.

Last upadate on war2ru official website was in 2019 by iL, gonna be 3 years, oh no lie, last update was march 2021 by burnt lol....

You guys are fucking joke... Trying to steal burnt pages about ''how he dont manage his own pages properly'' while in fact hes the only one in the last 3 years whos have properly manage ur pages !!

Fucking bunch of useless retards admins. all of you :rofl:

https://en.war2.ru/
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 05:58:23 PM by Nox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2021, 06:48:07 PM »
Thank you Ritalin. All I ask here on the forums is to be treated fairly. No more mutes, moving threads for no reason. I brought the videos back that justinschmidt hid from the public like a coward. Let's move forward and work towards becoming friends with everyone. That is all justinschmidt wanted. Tupac, babyshark, Tora, tk, van, equinox, blid, harrywangs, Ritalin. You can all post whatever you want on the Facebook group from here on out.

Extra special thanks to tk for how much he cared.

My time will be spent working out still though but I'll hop on to watch some games and say hello to people.

Best of luck to you all
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 07:39:28 PM by TNARICK »