Author Topic: an idea to bring people back  (Read 5395 times)

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
an idea to bring people back
« on: November 03, 2021, 08:08:06 PM »
when some one makes a forum account they give in there email... when other games i play get a patch update or an event i get an email from them... wich then encourages me to come back to the game... we need to start emailing the community players informing them of tournys or new patch updates.. remind them were still here... that is our biggest an only form of free promotion we have is the emails of people who signed up here an wanted to play war 2 why dont we take advantage?

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: an idea to bring people back
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 08:57:16 PM »
that tourny for 2500 ida been really happt to get a email for that
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 09:01:43 PM by Warbux »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 09:33:51 PM »
Yeah when mousetopher ran the forum she had a way to mass email everyone with an account. Idk how to do that truthfully.

@iL @mousEtopher

Could you mass email the player base or explain to me how to do it?
war2 > war3

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 10:50:13 PM »
Great idea  8)

Offline Fredrik Eriksson

• Grunt
  • Grosshandlaren i Enköping
    • View Profile
    • Grosshandlaren
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 04:58:33 AM »
Yeah when mousetopher ran the forum she had a way to mass email everyone with an account. Idk how to do that truthfully.

@iL @mousEtopher

One way, export all e-mail, start account om mailchimp, import them there n go.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 03:09:50 PM »
I randomly came upon this earlier today actually. There are at least 3 videos of GRUBBY playing War2. 70k subscribed and has no idea bout RU (at least the video I watched and he spoke about how it was only on GoG- he was also paid for the video by GoG/Bliz I believe so....) because nobody had a bot or anything advertising about it, which I mentioned so many times.

223 comments and a ton are players who used to play and loved the game. Such an opportunity lost. Probably the biggest one we will ever have. You want to spend money, have his ass talk about it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=grubby+wacraft+2&ei=pEuEYdfwHJnStQaN0K2wDw&oq=grubby+wacraft+2&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBwghEAoQqwIyBwghEAoQqwIyBwghEAoQqwI6BwgAEEcQsAM6BQghEKsCOgcILhANEJMCOgQIABANOgYIABANEB46CAgAEAgQDRAeSgQIQRgAUNQEWLMUYOQZaAFwAngAgAFIiAHYA5IBATeYAQCgAQHIAQTAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwjX0tnZzv_zAhUZac0KHQ1oC_YQ4dUDCA8&uact=5

Also could be parts of the same video, idk.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 05:09:06 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 04:19:45 PM »
I randomly came upon this earlier today actually. There are at least 3 videos of GRUBBY playing War2. 70k subscribed and has no idea bout RU (at least the video I watched and he spoke about how it was only on GoG- he was also paid for the video by GoG/Bliz I believe so....) because nobody had a bot or anything advertising about it, which I mentioned so many times.

223 comments and a ton are players who used to play and loved the game. Such an opportunity lost. Probably the biggest one we will ever have. You want to spend money, have his ass talk about it.

Grubby | Warcraft 2 : Tides of Darkness | Going Old School! - YouTube

Grubby | "Going Old School!" | Warcraft 2 | Beyond The Dark Portal - Campaign - YouTube

Grubby | "Going Old School!" | Warcraft 2 | Beyond The Dark Portal - Campaign - YouTube

Also could be parts of the same video, idk.

thats a good idea to ... but im try an get a hold of il see if i can get the emails to start emailing people updates from time to time- or actually if tora can do it even better since hes putting the dough up for the tourny

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2021, 06:06:58 PM »
Thats a good idea, but grubby work for blizzard, you can be sure grubby will never promote this ''weird'' server, believe me.

But you guys can find any big streamers outside blizzard for that.

Any big streamer who want to get paid for promotion.

Better fix the virus probleme too first.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 06:09:23 PM by Nox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2021, 07:08:40 PM »
He mentioned he was getting paid but I didn't think he works for them. Either way.

Actually, a good point to bring up, which has been brought up before, is the whole RU part. I think that hinders new people quite a bit. And then you still have your port forwarding because I'm not so confident HP works as many people cannot host still. Even new people. Does it still say it's a virus when you DL it? (before this last recent post about it)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2021, 07:24:31 PM »
Grubby clearly work with blizzard he was an announcer couple years ago for heroes of the storm, maybe hes not working anymore for them, but he is still relate to them and very close to them, i dont think he will promote this kind of server, and i dont think any big streamer will do it either, but maybe it's possible to find one.

Also Windows 10 dont even allow peoples to download war2ru software.

Windows defender and smart screen flag the game as malicious and can do damage to a computer.

Im pretty sure this suppose '' virus '' came from the fact thats is a super old game using port 6112-6118.

Those ports are not secure anymore in 2021 and almost every provider get rid of it.

Thats why when you try to play old game using those old ports you cant create or join game untill you go open those ports by yourself in your router.

The fact is provider have close those ports for years, but peoples were still opening these ports themself from there router, so i guess windows take some action against it and just flag those games that use those old ports as malicious.

The reason why i think it's a port problem, is the fact that even the Original Diablo II game from blizzard in 2000 is also now flag as malicious by windows defender.

And guess what? This game is also using 6112 and 6118 ports just like warcraft II.

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2021, 02:33:29 AM »
Grubby clearly work with blizzard he was an announcer couple years ago for heroes of the storm, maybe hes not working anymore for them, but he is still relate to them and very close to them, i dont think he will promote this kind of server, and i dont think any big streamer will do it either, but maybe it's possible to find one.

Also Windows 10 dont even allow peoples to download war2ru software.

Windows defender and smart screen flag the game as malicious and can do damage to a computer.

Im pretty sure this suppose '' virus '' came from the fact thats is a super old game using port 6112-6118.

Those ports are not secure anymore in 2021 and almost every provider get rid of it.

Thats why when you try to play old game using those old ports you cant create or join game untill you go open those ports by yourself in your router.

The fact is provider have close those ports for years, but peoples were still opening these ports themself from there router, so i guess windows take some action against it and just flag those games that use those old ports as malicious.

The reason why i think it's a port problem, is the fact that even the Original Diablo II game from blizzard in 2000 is also now flag as malicious by windows defender.

And guess what? This game is also using 6112 and 6118 ports just like warcraft II.

shouldnt there be some kind of way we can change the ports this game uses? .. like maybe have the game run on different ports?

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2021, 12:03:56 PM »
I dont know anything about programmation so i cant really answer you.

Whatever, my guess is, i dont think it's possible.

Probably the true reason why Blizzard give up on all there old games and remaster them!

Cuz engine and game have been build on those ports, and probably cant fix it untill they remaster them completly from scratch!

Even the ''Hole punch'' I dont think this add on is changing the port at all, i think it's just an add on that open the ports for you, so you dont have to manually open them.

Other fact, even THE NEW official war2 edtition by GOG have the same probleme, they still cant open ports, peoples still have to open ports themself.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 02:01:37 PM by Nox »

Offline Rareskills

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2021, 05:55:08 PM »
I just did a fresh install of war2 and windows 10 earlier this year and the only problem I had was I needed to add the website to Malwarebytes for it to work, I've never done anything manual....maybe the full ver of war2 opened the ports for me automatically like Nox said

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2021, 06:05:30 PM »
Should be somewhere, need to look...

First of all, is email working now at all?
I fixed some problems with email, but i'm not sure if it works fine now with all the email domains (google, yahoo, etc)
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2021, 07:45:37 AM »
Should be somewhere, need to look...

First of all, is email working now at all?
I fixed some problems with email, but i'm not sure if it works fine now with all the email domains (google, yahoo, etc)
what do u mean by if its working.. like as in collecting the emails that sign up? damn is there anyway to get a hold of moustopher? is shes the 1 who done it befor maybe she could show 1 of us .. or i could google it an figure it out but we would need access to the emails