Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Cartography & Custom Maps / Re: Mark's Mission Maps
« Last post by markro on September 28, 2024, 12:12:13 PM »
I suggest upload here maps, in your links need make account

Done, ty!
Cartography & Custom Maps / Re: Mark's Mission Maps
« Last post by Szwagier on September 28, 2024, 11:15:39 AM »
I suggest upload here maps, in your links need make account
Flame Wars & Offtopic / Re: 2024 a notable year for RTS?
« Last post by Pandaprewmaster325 on September 28, 2024, 11:10:36 AM »
Although Microsoft has acquired blizzard which sparked hope to see a resurgence of proper care  of RTS seen as Microsoft owns the age of empires series and has recently shown with age of mythology retold that a widely successful RTS is possible , we still haven't seen any major works on blizzard RTS titles as warcraft 3 barely gets attention.

However there is hope somewhere who knows after they are done with the remastering of the age of empires series maybe they could turn their attention to warcraft? Starcraft?  All I can say there is hope for RTS to comeback  people are so fed up with crappy games releases that something old school like warcraft 2 remaster would surely be send thunderous shockwaves of hype across older generations of gamers.
Server.War2.ru / Re: Huge GM starts a thread
« Last post by jessu001 on September 28, 2024, 08:21:13 AM »
lol "newbs" people need to learn the game to attain expert status
Server.War2.ru / Re: $1500 2v2 Gow tournament Saturday Oct 26th at 3PM EST
« Last post by Pandaprewmaster325 on September 27, 2024, 08:06:38 PM »
Mashallah , 1500$ for a wc2 tournament? Gotta phone blizzard on this
Server.War2.ru / $1500 2v2 Gow tournament Saturday Oct 26th at 3PM EST
« Last post by ~ToRa~ on September 27, 2024, 06:09:24 PM »
Hey all,

Next 2v2 gow tournament will be on Saturday Oct 26th at 3PM EST.

Total prize pool will be $1500.
« Last post by RagneR on September 27, 2024, 04:46:49 PM »
Sorry newbs here
Cartography & Custom Maps / Mark's Mission Maps
« Last post by markro on September 26, 2024, 05:28:32 PM »
Been on a Warcraft II kick lately and busted out ye ol' Map Editor. Here are some single player missions I think turned out well.
An enormous shout out to J.C. Fields' wonderful browser map editor, which I used to access the full AI pool. Wherever you are dude, you rule!

Village Rescue
Easy
A rescue mission that becomes a macro game.
Save the Kul'Tiras village, then search out and destroy the orc lair.

Download
View Map

Snowblind
Easy
Good old fashioned orcs vs. humans.
A snow map built for a single-player macro game with moderate pressure.

Download
View Map

Misery Mire
Moderate
A 1v3 single-player macro map. You'll face ground pressure from two opponents, and eventually from dragons.
Eliminate your enemies in any order you choose.
(Named after a great Zelda dungeon)

Download
View Map

Encampments
Challenging
A tighter 1v2 macro map. The humans will send infantry pressure early and often.
You can tech up in your base for a while, but you'll mine out before the humans and they'll be working up the tech tree to tier three.
Get aggressive!

Download
View Map

The Invasion
Hard Mode
The toughest of the bunch!
A long, large-scale 1v3 macro map meant to play as an endgame Beyond the Dark Portal mission.
You'll face pressure on the ground, on the water, and in the air.
There are multiple expansions available but the humans won't let you take any for free.

Download
View Map

Complete Pack
All five missions zipped together: Download

:wc2:

Attached a zip of the complete pack to this thread.

Also available on GameMaps

Thanks so much!
--Mark

*Edit: Included links to map images
« Last post by woofy on September 26, 2024, 09:00:40 AM »
1v1 wanted.
Flame Wars & Offtopic / 2024 a notable year for RTS?
« Last post by Pandaprewmaster325 on September 25, 2024, 11:59:28 AM »
Been seeing a steep rise of RTS games in the past few years mostly because of the success of remastering the age series , while sadly the RTS remaster for warcraft  that is wc3 reforged was a disaster which  lets just say shattered any hope of even seeing warcraft 2 remaster.

Now I don't want this to turn into a crying post of warcraft getting treated badly by blizzard I mean come on its cow that has been milked and beaten to death , however back to our topic that is the RTS has been gaining more attention lately thanks to as I said the remaster of the age series , company of heroes 3 and most notably stormgate the spiritual successor of blizzard RTS games.

Stormgate seems to have been in a rocky start seeing people complaining a lot about the game in its early access phase hope was starting to fade but very recently the developers  released a substantial update that enhanced the game graphics and many other improvements.

Also another RTS that is in the waiting is tempest rising the spiritual successor of the command and conquer series I would say this one is very important as you probably know the CNC franchise is the face of the RTS genre.

Overall the 2020s seem to be pretty good for RTS as its gaining back some mainstream attention 2024 specifically is pretty big as I said before stormgate is very anticipated

A question I want to ask maybe think a bit about it  , if stormgate succeeds and so does tempest rising will we see a new golden age of RTS ?

Thanks for reading.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10