Author Topic: War2Rebalanced - We need your feedback!!!  (Read 16286 times)

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: War2Rebalanced - We need your feedback!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2021, 12:57:54 PM »
Side question for @Mistral - can we add Triggers to the new game mode option instead of having to host from a different channel?  I think I saw that on the back up server.
you will not know what you will play till you join, and host can change it before game start,

If there will be information before people join like its not with hero mod - no problem

« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 01:02:36 PM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Theboy

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2021, 01:07:38 PM »
I always thought bloodlust was much stronger than heal, and the cool tower bug fix, mana for DK or lust could spend more mana than 50

catapult repair I didn't like it

good, i'll download

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2021, 01:30:24 PM »
Side question for @Mistral - can we add Triggers to the new game mode option instead of having to host from a different channel?  I think I saw that on the back up server.
you will not know what you will play till you join, and host can change it before game start,

If there will be information before people join like its not with hero mod - no problem

Yeah, that's a good point.  But you can still see the map name before you join.  Then the issue could be someone using the same or similar map name as a regular map and add triggers to it.  That wouldn't be much different than the dellam special where he was modifying maps to give him and advantage and hosting it hoping no one noticed the D/L.

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2021, 03:52:10 PM »
Hum,

I don't think change game this much is good. I would love to try to give paladins movement speed upgrade, so they can outrun bloodlust. I think that would be a really interesting game play. Maybe give them just a small attack upgrade in the same time. Everything else just the same :D Would be fun to see how a change like this would play out...

Offline fuckluck

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2021, 04:41:28 PM »
Add trolls to lumbermill?!

I really believe that there's also a good change that will make the game only better and won't bring balance issues. We have too little trolls and archers as a combat unit in the game, mostly you can see people make 1 to stop someone's repair or break a stalemate of grunts standing in tight spaces. I'm talking about early game, not when newbs reach dragons and go for them. And again, you don't even need trolls / archers against those kind of people either. So here's my point: why don't we see trolls / archers in the game? Are they too expensive to afford them? - no. Are they unusabely weak? - no, but they are weaker than grunts in most scenarious and that is all that matters. It shouldn't be like that in a strategy game. They are not used just because they share the same building so that they waste barracks' training time. What I propose is to add them to lumber mill also alongside barracks so they can be produced there as an additional unit from an additional production facility. There will not be any conflict between trolls and grunts/ogres anymore and those, who want to play tier 1 / tier 2 aggression - will have more options. Options - is the correct word and you want to have more options in a strategy game. They are still weak and cost as much as a grunt, but you can build them at least now without making less grunts. You will see those one or two trolls in the army more often and be glad about it. The unit is cool, just very underused because of that issue.

Offline Dudakurten

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2021, 04:54:59 PM »
The changes coming up into the original War2:

1) Rally-points in buildings
2) Easier multicast of spells
3) Towers manual control
4) Allied transports
5) Some AI fixes (the AI became stronger)
6) Repairing ballistas and catapults
7) Autoheal!!!!! Now the paladins can heal anything alive automatically. Of course, you can enable or disable this option during the game, there is a new special button in the Church.

We HOPE for your FEEDBACK!!!

Also note, that in order to make the process of further balancing more easy, please test the War2Rebalanced before saying any thoughts about the balance not proved with practice.

Replying before testing (sorry for that)

1- Ok for me. Question: Works also peon to gold mine/tree or they will move to instead to do their job?
2- Ok for me.
3- Ok for me. Question: Did the tower bug fixed as well? (I know with this feature we should be able to target the peon, but I am asking specifically about the tower bug)
4- I think its a bad idea. Maybe add in some custom game like 2 people controlling the same army etc.
5- not sure. Question: Is it possible to give some examples about what was fixed? When you talk about AI is just the Computer playing or the AI of units in general (e.g pathing)?
6- Bad idea in my oppinion.
7- Ok for me. Looks good, but I still thinks the heal spell could be replaced by some spell giving an extra armor (same cost/time effect of lust but instead extra attack, extra armor).

General question: I think this option should be set before host the game and in the games list its shows if is classic or balanced version. If you let do decide during a host a game is one more thing to discuss before start (stack teams/lagger/smurf/game mode)

Thanks.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2021, 06:04:35 PM »
yes peon goes to gold or chop wood
no tower bug not fixed but yes u can manually target those poens now at least
ai fix is changes comps a little (just integrated my old plugin https://forum.war2.ru/index.php?topic=6127.0 tweaked it a little to work in multiplayer and thats all)

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2021, 08:12:31 PM »
so you fixed tower bug, you said you didnt touch it xD

since we are community, next time make topic and lets talk before you add ANY change? oh wait u allready added it

fois made HD people voted, you change gameplay and after that you want talk, wrong way, there was allready topic I dont remember who made it, maybe it was me or mistral to fix bugs like tower bug, players said NO(I wanted fix it)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 08:18:54 PM by Szwagier »

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2021, 03:37:40 AM »
since we are community, next time make topic and lets talk before you add ANY change? oh wait u allready added it
We just released the mode. In the meantime, we are gaining feedback.
Nobody touched the classic mode and will not touch it. Are there any problems?

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2021, 03:41:11 AM »
Towers manual control not equal fix Tower bug

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2021, 03:46:53 AM »
We just released the mode. In the meantime, we are gaining feedback.
Nobody touched the classic mode and will not touch it. Are there any problems?
Mistral said that you talked about it with russians before release, why not talk with everyone Before you update it?  If you can hit peon manuał mean tower bug is fixed so u lied in your post, so at least fix it that tower big is fixed manual

What next? Cannon tower fix? No more micro with ships? Mining with allies hall while you got peon? Welcome to wargus
Most of you are not playing with human and with heal just still will not

Everything would be fine if you could not change game from lobby - players should know version game before they join
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 03:59:47 AM by Szwagier »

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2021, 04:57:15 AM »
Mistral said that you talked about it with russians before release
What else did Mistral say?
We discussed this mode with the development team. And it just so happened that they are all Russian-speaking.
If you can hit peon manuał mean tower bug is fixed so u lied in your post, so at least fix it that tower big is fixed manual
What is this nonsense? It was only about manual control of the tower attack. The tower bug was not fixed.

Instead of building your own guesses and blaming something for nothing, go to this mode and test it!
And don't forget that you are not alone here. Let other people speak calmly.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2021, 06:06:56 AM »
I wont test it, as you said first should be test, before you add it, where was topic about at english forum before that patch? Who test it expect russians?

People said that catapult repair is bad idea, did you change it allready?

I AM not mad cause you want change something, i mad cause you did before we talk about it, that's the problem

They are waiting for your answer, but you argue only with me
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 06:09:49 AM by Szwagier »

Offline Dudakurten

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2021, 06:52:32 AM »

General question: I think this option should be set before host the game and in the games list its shows if is classic or balanced version. If you let do decide during a host a game is one more thing to discuss before start (stack teams/lagger/smurf/game mode)

Any news on that specific question ?

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2021, 08:34:42 AM »

Any news on that specific question ?

Everything is set up as you suggested.
JOIN THE GAME AND CHECK