Author Topic: New invitation to play Danny's AI Fixes Edition Single player (BNE)  (Read 16536 times)

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: New invitation to play Danny's AI Fixes Edition Single player (BNE)
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2021, 08:51:44 AM »
Hi again,

I downloaded latest version like you suggested, beat first two mission from BtDP and I stucked in third mission. Not sure if I will beat this one, orange orc gets bloodlust very fast and he's just slaying my units like a sheeps. Player still doesn't have a blizzard so I have to beat it with units or towers.
I watched your gameplay from this mission and well... I am clicking as fast as you but orange still plays better than me  :) I think you must be better at balancing resources between economy and military than me and that's why you are winning. Maybe I will rush him before he gets bloodlust, but I guess it will take me a few more tries.

Or maybe I will just switch to orc campaigns  :)) That should be easier than dealing with randomly damaging ogres.

Anyway, I'm afraid there is still something wrong with game saving and loading. Now I'm much more focus on that then ever and I think red orc, in mission 2, stopped hiring units after loading so I could just do something like this in his base and he didn't make a single grunt to stop me:

Spoiler
Hi again,

I downloaded latest version like you suggested, beat first two mission from BtDP and I stucked in third mission. Not sure if I will beat this one, orange orc gets bloodlust very fast and he's just slaying my units like a sheeps. Player still doesn't have a blizzard so I have to beat it with units or towers.
I watched your gameplay from this mission and well... I am clicking as fast as you but orange still plays better than me  :) I think you must be better at balancing resources between economy and military than me and that's why you are winning. Maybe I will rush him before he gets bloodlust, but I guess it will take me a few more tries.

Or maybe I will just switch to orc campaigns  :)) That should be easier than dealing with randomly damaging ogres.

Anyway, I'm afraid there is still something wrong with game saving and loading. Now I'm much more focus on that then ever and I think red orc, in mission 2, stopped hiring units after loading so I could just do something like this in his base and he didn't make a single grunt to stop me:

Spoiler

i have rechecked and it's working all good after saving-reloading a mission with the saveloadFix plugin. Try to re-check if you did this step.

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2021, 02:48:16 AM »
Sorry Danny, I have forgot about saveloadFix plugin and that's why it's not working correctly in my game  :slight_smile: I will check it again with this plugin  :wc2:

Is orc expansion campaign also updated by you? It's way easier than human campaing. Looks a little bit different than original, AI plays a little bit better, but I just win first 3 orc missions without any problems and that was suprise in compare to human second and third missions.
Also, first orc mission is really great, much better than original version  :newthumbsup:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 05:49:24 AM by Vendar »

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2021, 05:53:59 AM »
the whole set of 4 campaigns I tweaked, so yeah. All campaigns should at the very least expose the real difficulty intended by Blizzard ...

I want to clarify that I didn't keep in mind to make the missions being gradually harder till the end. Some may feel easier or not, but well that depends on the player. I just tried what I could with intuition, but still correlated with original difficulty code.

XOrc2 should have now more aggression than original mission and definetely should upgrade till level 3 grunts and level 2 trolls. XOrc3 should eventually reach bloodlust, which in original mission was bugged up to just reach level 3 grunts, even though the code had the potential to reach fully upgraded ogres (another unit that doesn't appear because of bugs as well).
The fact you could beat it up, I guess it's just a matter of skill level of each player. It may be easier for you, harder for another. But still, it's the fact that now computer should get their stuff against you as it was supposed to be.

I didn't want to get into get more changes on the original map layouts because then would have been a different purpose for the mod.

I just wish this mod could reach people so it could deliver the real difficulty that was intended by it's developers. The game definetely can change when things are tested up right. It got a ton of passion to do.

Thank you again for taking your time to test this little thing.

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2021, 09:03:50 AM »
The saveloadfixplugin will also bring up an extra feature to add a Kill assists counter in the stats area from any unit (e.g grunts). Any unit that participates on killing an enemy unit will get +1 on it's kills counter.

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2021, 03:05:36 AM »
The saveloadfixplugin will also bring up an extra feature to add a Kill assists counter in the stats area from any unit (e.g grunts). Any unit that participates on killing an enemy unit will get +1 on it's kills counter.

I guess I still have something wrong because I see assists counter but it has "speed" value, for example: grunts always have there 10. This plugin should be in folder "Plugins" in War2 directory, right? Like this: C:\War2Combat\Plugins\saveloadFixByMistral.w2p?

Also, improved AI works great  :slight_smile: It reaches bloodlust in XOrc3 and is more fun to play with. Good job!

Spoiler
That was a nice battle  :D

« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 04:25:48 AM by Vendar »

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2021, 04:52:28 AM »

I guess I still have something wrong because I see assists counter but it has "speed" value, for example: grunts always have there 10. This plugin should be in folder "Plugins" in War2 directory, right? Like this: C:\War2Combat\Plugins\saveloadFixByMistral.w2p?

Also, improved AI works great  :slight_smile: It reaches bloodlust in XOrc3 and is more fun to play with. Good job!

Spoiler
That was a nice battle  :D

If shows "Speed", it's because you haven't placed the saveloadfix plugin on plugins folder.

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2021, 05:18:07 PM »
I have placed saveloadFixByMistral.w2p in plugins folder in War2 folder, but it looks like it's not working on my game. Maybe because I have Alaunter mod also in War2 folder, I don't know.

With orc campaign I stuck on XOrc6 with Teron, fighting against land attacking blue human and air attacking teal.
For this moment I have a complex strategy  :D First lure 2 teal ballistas with ogre, in base I'm making "obstacle course" with buildings against blue attacks. Meanwhile Teron is tanking all gryphons. With death knights and ogres I can destroy teal but... cannot take his mine cause I'm out of gold at this moment  :thinking:

On the other hand, if I will take second gold mine, blue start making mages and I cannot defend that mine vs his armies, mages and gryphons. Terrain is very poor there and their attacks are heavy. It's fun to play but difficult  :peon:

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2021, 02:27:16 PM »
I have placed saveloadFixByMistral.w2p in plugins folder in War2 folder, but it looks like it's not working on my game. Maybe because I have Alaunter mod also in War2 folder, I don't know.

With orc campaign I stuck on XOrc6 with Teron, fighting against land attacking blue human and air attacking teal.
For this moment I have a complex strategy  :D First lure 2 teal ballistas with ogre, in base I'm making "obstacle course" with buildings against blue attacks. Meanwhile Teron is tanking all gryphons. With death knights and ogres I can destroy teal but... cannot take his mine cause I'm out of gold at this moment  :thinking:

On the other hand, if I will take second gold mine, blue start making mages and I cannot defend that mine vs his armies, mages and gryphons. Terrain is very poor there and their attacks are heavy. It's fun to play but difficult  :peon:

oh are you using war2 alaunter ?   The mod is meant to be used with the installer from https://en.war2.ru .. Not alaunter version, which doesn't have plugin folder.

You can definetely find out strategies to deal with teal, you just gotta think better your defences against Alliance (blue) forces ... This mission is meant to be a " bloody one " ...

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2021, 01:41:58 PM »
You can definetely find out strategies to deal with teal, you just gotta think better your defences against Alliance (blue) forces ... This mission is meant to be a " bloody one " ...

And now it is a bloody one  :slight_smile: Finally I have won this one and going for the next

Spoiler

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2021, 08:20:22 PM »

And now it is a bloody one  :slight_smile: Finally I have won this one and going for the next

Spoiler

Glad you did it safely with Teron ! Now approaching to the great seas with the Horde looking to take vast domain over Kul'Tiras domain through the sea ! Good luck on your journey !

New mod will be publishes shortly on the forum if you're interested to look at it as well.

Have a great week my friend.

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2021, 12:15:59 PM »
I have just finished orc expansion campaign  :slight_smile:
It was cool, but to be honest only XOrc6, XOrc11 and XOrc12 were difficult (but XOrc11 was hard only at beginning). Few of them could be finished before AI got to final units, for example in XOrc7 player can easily destroy blue AI before it will get to the knights.

In my opinion, your campaign version is better than original, so well done  :clap: It was fun to play  :wc2:

XOrc6 I had to repeat the most times. I think it took me about 10-15 tries before I beat it. I have finally won by destroying blue AI first with mass bloodlusted ogres and trolls.

XOrc11 I focused on white AI with my start army. I have destroyed it's core base on the 3 try and fighting vs blue only and few white gryphons (white trains these until it has a gold) was not so hard. Finished it with dragons on haste and bloodlust.

Spoiler

XOrc12 was always my favourite  ^-^. Huge army at beginning, all orcish heroes with Deathwing. Also I had strong nostalgia feeling to that specific mission cause together with my brothers we couldn't beat it for a long time. It was 20+ years ago but still it's a wonderful memory :))

In your version that mission took me more or less 8 tries. It was hardcore much more than in original and I had to pick same strategy as in previous mission, so I used my start army to finish the most dangerous enemy - purple. Without purple it was still hard, but after 2h of tough battles I did it.

I found one major problem here. Blue AI took all of the oil patches before I wanted go on sea. So... I used cheat to get 10000 oil because I didn't want to start again  :critter: I think it's ok that this mission is 3 times harder but I think it would be nice to give player a lot of oil at start so he wouldn't have to hurry too much and just enjoy a fight.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2021, 11:38:18 AM »
I have just finished orc expansion campaign  :slight_smile:
It was cool, but to be honest only XOrc6, XOrc11 and XOrc12 were difficult (but XOrc11 was hard only at beginning). Few of them could be finished before AI got to final units, for example in XOrc7 player can easily destroy blue AI before it will get to the knights.

In my opinion, your campaign version is better than original, so well done  :clap: It was fun to play  :wc2:

XOrc6 I had to repeat the most times. I think it took me about 10-15 tries before I beat it. I have finally won by destroying blue AI first with mass bloodlusted ogres and trolls.

XOrc11 I focused on white AI with my start army. I have destroyed it's core base on the 3 try and fighting vs blue only and few white gryphons (white trains these until it has a gold) was not so hard. Finished it with dragons on haste and bloodlust.

Spoiler

XOrc12 was always my favourite  ^-^. Huge army at beginning, all orcish heroes with Deathwing. Also I had strong nostalgia feeling to that specific mission cause together with my brothers we couldn't beat it for a long time. It was 20+ years ago but still it's a wonderful memory :))

In your version that mission took me more or less 8 tries. It was hardcore much more than in original and I had to pick same strategy as in previous mission, so I used my start army to finish the most dangerous enemy - purple. Without purple it was still hard, but after 2h of tough battles I did it.

I found one major problem here. Blue AI took all of the oil patches before I wanted go on sea. So... I used cheat to get 10000 oil because I didn't want to start again  :critter: I think it's ok that this mission is 3 times harder but I think it would be nice to give player a lot of oil at start so he wouldn't have to hurry too much and just enjoy a fight.

Spoiler

Spoiler

This is great to know my friend. Hopefully you could have had fun in the end... A couple of notes from your feedback:

1) DAIFE is intended to expose the real difficulty intended by Blizzard without expecting computer to get stucked so player may not face difficulty anymore (100% passive enemies). This mod was an attempt to expose the challenges at the very least that were prepared by Blizzard in 1995.

2) Difficulty is definetely higher than original campaign maps because of first comment above.

3) Difficulty is a thing that is rather relative on the player that is looking up on this mod, since it's a thing very hard for me to measure or take as an average if I have got almost no feedback to this point. Still, I have added up a little difficulty  to the overall mod which includes the attacks being rather faster than originally they were set (which can be considered as bugged up because between each attack you can expect a LOT OF TIME before a new attack is launched).

4) If you overall liked the mod, you can visit my little stream for any further new mods made into the future. Support is greatly appreciated to keep me motivated doing them. https://twitch.tv/dannyldd OR  http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfcxs8KSkOiehS9GK9rSAKg

5) If you liked DAIFE as well, or the progress you got to this point, please feel free to suggest it to your friend. Hopefully I can bring up a more fresh experience to this great game in 2021+.

6) I'm not sure if you were the same guy that said xhuman03 was too hard, but I have tried to balance the mod as much as I could with my slight difficulty boost to the mod, plus also including the fixes to original blizzard code which caused most of the missions being 100% passive or bugged up with their enemies.

Have a good day and thank you once again for the feedback captain. Not sure if you already played up the other campaigns but I hope you can get a cool time around :)

P.D:

7) I have forgotten this point. You said in xorc12 you ran out of oil because blue took the oil patches out already... This is an original intended behavior from Blizzard into the original map as well... Blue, eventually will take out all oil patches but players may have not experienced this because the ships would get stucked way before that happened (which would cause that oil patches would never get depleted). Now, consider this behavior as a timer that player would have as an extended challenge across the mission to defeat the humans.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 11:41:30 AM by dannyldd »

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2021, 01:31:06 PM »
This is great to know my friend. Hopefully you could have had fun in the end... A couple of notes from your feedback:

1) DAIFE is intended to expose the real difficulty intended by Blizzard without expecting computer to get stucked so player may not face difficulty anymore (100% passive enemies). This mod was an attempt to expose the challenges at the very least that were prepared by Blizzard in 1995.

2) Difficulty is definetely higher than original campaign maps because of first comment above.

3) Difficulty is a thing that is rather relative on the player that is looking up on this mod, since it's a thing very hard for me to measure or take as an average if I have got almost no feedback to this point. Still, I have added up a little difficulty  to the overall mod which includes the attacks being rather faster than originally they were set (which can be considered as bugged up because between each attack you can expect a LOT OF TIME before a new attack is launched).

4) If you overall liked the mod, you can visit my little stream for any further new mods made into the future. Support is greatly appreciated to keep me motivated doing them. https://twitch.tv/dannyldd OR  http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfcxs8KSkOiehS9GK9rSAKg

5) If you liked DAIFE as well, or the progress you got to this point, please feel free to suggest it to your friend. Hopefully I can bring up a more fresh experience to this great game in 2021+.

6) I'm not sure if you were the same guy that said xhuman03 was too hard, but I have tried to balance the mod as much as I could with my slight difficulty boost to the mod, plus also including the fixes to original blizzard code which caused most of the missions being 100% passive or bugged up with their enemies.

Have a good day and thank you once again for the feedback captain. Not sure if you already played up the other campaigns but I hope you can get a cool time around :)

P.D:

7) I have forgotten this point. You said in xorc12 you ran out of oil because blue took the oil patches out already... This is an original intended behavior from Blizzard into the original map as well... Blue, eventually will take out all oil patches but players may have not experienced this because the ships would get stucked way before that happened (which would cause that oil patches would never get depleted). Now, consider this behavior as a timer that player would have as an extended challenge across the mission to defeat the humans.

Yep, I had a lot of fun  :slight_smile: Thanks for updating the campaigns  :newthumbsup:

My friends won't play War2, I'm sure about that. Most of them prefer to play Skyrim or Red Dead Redemption 2 than old RTS game, and the rest are not playing games anymore, because of kids etc. I think we are the last people that plays this game.

I am the same guy that couldn't beat XHuman03  :D It's way easier for me to play as orcs, because of bloodlust. Also humans in your version of XHuman03 doesn't have blizzard spell so I have to deal with lusted ogres with my army only or I can try to rush orange AI before it will get the bloodlust spell. Maybe someday I will do it, we will see.

Thanks again for your work on these missions, take care and have a great week  :slight_smile: Cheers!

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2021, 09:58:03 AM »

P.D:

Yep, I had a lot of fun  :slight_smile: Thanks for updating the campaigns  :newthumbsup:

My friends won't play War2, I'm sure about that. Most of them prefer to play Skyrim or Red Dead Redemption 2 than old RTS game, and the rest are not playing games anymore, because of kids etc. I think we are the last people that plays this game.

I am the same guy that couldn't beat XHuman03  :D It's way easier for me to play as orcs, because of bloodlust. Also humans in your version of XHuman03 doesn't have blizzard spell so I have to deal with lusted ogres with my army only or I can try to rush orange AI before it will get the bloodlust spell. Maybe someday I will do it, we will see.

Thanks again for your work on these missions, take care and have a great week  :slight_smile: Cheers!

if you're looking up for any further warcraft 2 mods, you can check my ones being public in: https://gamebanana.com/mods/games/5904

Hopefully I may be updating them soon enough but I may appreciate the support if you're looking up into them since I get almost 0 support. Thanks again for giving a try to DAIFE. Have a good week too.