Author Topic: War2Combat 4.5.2 released. Chop Bars plugin removed.  (Read 1923 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
War2Combat 4.5.2 released. Chop Bars plugin removed.
« on: September 06, 2019, 04:17:59 PM »
ChopBars plugin removed at the request of players.

I think removing plugin is stupid, because anybody still can download it separately and use, getting advantage over others. And plugin have been released in May, 4,5 months ago. And it still haven't been declared as hack since that time.
So...

Let me follow the majority.

Combat is for players, not for me.
So, let it be as up to you.

I can always return it back if the majority accept that
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline jordan4385

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: War2Combat 4.5.2 released. Chop Bars plugin removed.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 04:41:40 PM »
all hail IL, the honerable ruler of server.war2.ru

LONG LIVE THE KING!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 09:37:50 PM »

There is only 19 people still using the server?

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 10:55:50 AM »
Good job. Maybe the crying girls will come back.

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 10:58:45 AM »
Honestly I suck and with bars and without bars. But there was too much drama around it. So let them be removed and considered hack. And there is a point in what tk said. We love this game for 23 years like it is.

P.s. I really love the new colors in new war 2 version.
Thanks IL

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 04:05:00 PM »
@iL Removing it is the right thing to do,  thanks for that.  Now the next step is to add it to the detection logic of the Antihack.  Here is a list of things that I see as needing improvement before anything else:

1.  AH Needs to function properly (fix any bugs in it if there are any)
2.  Close the man in the middle attack for the AH by using authentication on every call/request.  (I can walk you through how to create a UUID in private)
3.  Disallow non-war2combat clients from the PVPGN server
4.  Modify msg from "Note" user for those that have Holepunch enabled,  change it's message to "Only users with holepunch will be able to join your games"  (this may not be needed if you force all users to a version that has it enabled by default anyway)
5.  Fix /gameinfo to work with games that have been started
6.  Consider modifying PVPGN (more /COMMAND type things) rather than modifying the war2 client.  The server is capable of much more than you give it credit for (such as being able to create tourneys and manage them from the server and have the results show up on a website OR with a server command).  I think the biggest overlooked area to consider modifying is the PVPGN server.  It's also the EASIEST to modify as well since we have the sourcecode for it.

Put your efforts toward getting that working properly,  once it's working well,  then focus on something else.  A good start after getting the AH working would be to limit the game versions that can connect to the PVPGN server.  That one change will fix a lot of hack type problems.  Then once you have that done,  you can work on identifying EACH machine with a UUID so that you can improve the effectiveness of the AH.  Each request/call should be an "authenticated" process and you tie that to the UUID.  How you create that UUID,  thats something I would have to outline to you in private.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 04:59:55 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.