Author Topic: Perfect Unit Control On Fastest  (Read 16636 times)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Unit Control On Fastest
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2015, 03:56:57 PM »
UC != clicking the same spot on a map over an over as fast as possible.  That is called APM.  They are different.  APM != UC.  What you showed is that you have a below average APM and absolutely no UC at all.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2015, 03:57:12 PM »
Also Blid feel free to beat that RPG on EF, just because I did it doesn't make it easy. It was still a challenge it just became easier on EF.
You call that an RPG?  It's just a clicking game.  Like a dumbed down whack-a-mole.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2015, 03:58:44 PM »
I actually do "know Warcraft" you are just making assumptions. I have played Warcraft 2 since 1998, I played BNEs and the lot from 1998-2002. That I choose to play a different type of map within a video game has nothing to do with empathy. If you are so emotionally messed up that video games mean that much to you, I guess sure you can feel empathy for me. I do not want to be good at BNE's or play them I have no desire, RPGs and PBall are the map I play and it's all a video game. The point of a video game is to relax and have fun. Feel some empathy for the kids who are starving and countless people dying in wars, sad fucker lol.

Blid: It's more of a challenge map or "race" map like from the old days of Warcraft 2. In those days people would make maps to challenge each other and test their skills. Most RPGs I play are much more complex, but yes by the simplest definition it does fit as an RPG.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2015, 03:59:53 PM »
No it's not an RPG at all.  anwyay epic unit control is when there's a battle of like 10 grunts vs 10 grunts and you're grabbing individual grunts in your army and moving them to improve your positioning, and you're selecting certain units and having them focus on certain enemies, and you're pulling back certain men when they're close to dead so that they don't die, and you keep micromanaging that stuff through the whole battle.  Clicking on a never-ending stream of grunts is really really insanely basic unit control.

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2015, 04:02:29 PM »
man smeagol.... your wealth of war2 knowledge is just so vast! i can tell by reading this thread!

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2015, 04:03:10 PM »
No it's not an RPG at all.  anwyay epic unit control is when there's a battle of like 10 grunts vs 10 grunts and you're grabbing individual grunts in your army and moving them to improve your positioning, and you're selecting certain units and having them focus on certain enemies, and you're pulling back certain men when they're close to dead so that they don't die, and you keep micromanaging that stuff through the whole battle.  Clicking on a never-ending stream of grunts is really really insanely basic unit control.

Exactly.  That is UC.  But you cannot have UC if your shit doesnt do what you tell it to WHEN you tell it to (thus the network latency issue).  UC is DEGRADED when you increase the speed because it also increases the latency.  How can you have good UC if you dont even know what is stopping you from having it in the first place?
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2015, 04:03:29 PM »
I challenge anyone to make a video of them  beating it then. I'm not saying it can't be done or someone won't do it but it is not easy at all. Doing something extremely difficult with a unit would fall into epic unit control as well. You can say what your definition of epic until control is, but can you beat the same map I did in the same way? If the answer is no then I guess I have more epic unit control with that unit. 10 grunts vs 10 grunts is a different skill and making a comparison is just apples and oranges they both take a unique UC skill.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2015, 05:08:16 PM »
I can only think of 2 types of maps that are probably better suited for Fastest

1) archers

2) that type of map where you can pump out 10 units per second from buildings.. just click the shit out of it and you have like 50 mages in 5 seconds. (which is one of the dumbest sub-games of war2 ever invented)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:10:32 PM by tk[as] »

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2015, 05:11:17 PM »
There are PBalls with barracks with 0 build time so your point applies directly to that. Seriously though I'm bored as hell with this thread, and people who play certain customs on fastest are going to continue to regardless of this post.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2015, 05:33:26 PM »
No, they're all going to convert to EF speed BNE games because of this thread, now that Lance explained about the latency thing.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2015, 05:43:03 PM »
Haha that would be ideal for you guys Blid =D. When everyone around me stops playing F I guess my only option if EF huh? Haha.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2015, 07:50:08 PM »
Thats the evil plan stan.  You must be forced to see the light since you cant see it on your own :D

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2015, 08:19:14 PM »
Hahaha I like it better when we're getting along Lance. You seem like a pretty cool guy, these forum debates on types of maps and speeds all seem rather pointless to me. We could much better be using our time discussing things on the server, other things on Warcraft 2 of importance, or discussing Warcraft 2 and some of the great things about it. I guess in a way I did kind of ask for it by sharing a video about fastest, but I was thinking of your quote from the one thread about thinking you were controlling your units to maximum when you aren't. Anyway hopefully from here out there will be no need for pointless debating where no one convinces anyone of anything. :) DUN DUN DUN we'll see though :P .

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2015, 09:33:29 PM »
my mistake that i have empathy for someone who doesnt know how to play warcraft 2. I guess i must have some form of autism because of that. thanks for pointing that out

You sound like one of us with each passing day.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2015, 07:23:06 AM »
i just watched the video the first time... i honestly don't see how anyone with a decent mouse wouldn't get all 296 grunts within their first 10 tries.

i also don't see how anyone would even bother playing this map 10 times.

i feel like smeagol is just trolling. he has to be. this stuff he's saying/posting can't be for real.