Re: best warcraft 2 player of all time
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2018, 08:49:16 AM »
When I saw you responded, I thought you were gonna say something mean. But this is Shotgun being nice, so let's work with it lol.
1. When I was on the other team, it still took your team like 20 minutes after a really close game to kill my team. If it were really 3v4 as you claim, it should not have been a close or long game when you have Viruz/Shotgun/KHB/Talrand on same team vs only 3 players or 3 of the "world's best" plus Talrand. That game I helped kill Viruz at 6.
2. Other players I can beat in 1s have played with your group and not been treated the same as me. There is obviously prejudice before getting out of the gate against my perceived skill level.
3. When "good" players make game-losing mistakes or perform suboptimally, no one starts yelling at them how retarded they are and a lot of other dehumanizing disrespectful stuff and "throw them out of the game". I play worse when getting yelled at while my hall is building and non stop after that til the yeller leaves out of fear/frustration.
4. I asked permission from host when joining "Is this a pros only game" and the host welcomed me.
5. I understand the desire for good, balanced games. I don't always wanna play with people worse than me (believe it or not, they do exist) that would lose to me in 1s 100% of the time, especially in 2s vs players who'd beat me in 1s more than 50% of the time, but when I DO play with a handicap player on my team, I encourage them, give them advice, and don't start shouting at them what a retard they are all game and leave partway through before the fight's barely started because I think we might lose.
6. I never play 4 the way I did trying to follow KHB's instructions to "peon rush 5 so i can tower him". Peon rush in my mind means send peons and attack his peons. I did that, and repeatedly drew his peons out of his base, but he was able to put up like 4 towers anyways. I follow the instructions of superior players trusting that what they're saying is going to be better than what I woulda done on my own, but I don't think that was the case here. If he meant build towers, he should have said towers. I don't read minds. He still left before the game barely started and for him and you to rage at me cuz I followed instructions isn't really fair. Even viruz said it wasnt my fault we lost.
7. If you want high skill level in games, then work like many have, to boost the skill level of moderate players. Many really good players have 1s me and give advice, or watch games and give advice. Vizzer, XBremer1, even Lance, and a number of other pros have all put in time to teach and coach me. Even Swift and OM who are usually mean people have worked to make me better. OM in spite of being a ragey dbag took time to teach me a lot like tower bug and pulling peons to chop and UC and and I've improved drastically since that time. Swift worked on teaching me scout farming and walling off paths and some other stuff that still needs work, like positioning units and advanced UC that I havent got down yet. I should watch the training video again probably.
Anyways, there are ways to think farther than the current game you're in and your personal need to win every game, like investing into the futute of the game and community.
One of the best ways to learn is playing with the best players and learning from the games, but unfortunately very often the skilled players come with really bad and rude attitudes, which is unfortunate for everyone.
You love this game. Obviously. It's in your own best interests to do some care and maintenance to it like many others do instead of only being concerned with instant gratificstion of winning the current game and your personal image all the time.
The pro host and most of the others in the game were more than happy to be decent human beings and not only let me play but also be nice. It was only you and KHB who were freaking out game after game until the host relented.
If you want to do a few 1s and give me some pointers, I'm down.
If not, I'll just avoid being on your team or KHB's ever again.
You seem to be forgetting the 2v2 where you nearly died and I won it for us...
Btw I didn't give up in the game...KHB did. Is that why you thought I gave up, cuz I typed? No way. I was raring to go. I'm no quitter. I go til last drop of peon blood or last hope, even with one 1 hp uit left I still scout with it for the team.
I'm a really fast typer...not quite 220 wpm but this whole thing was typed in like seconds. I can type really fast while stuff is building. It absolutely does not mean I quit.