Author Topic: paladins AOE passive auto heal  (Read 17890 times)

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: paladins AOE passive auto heal
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2020, 08:37:40 AM »
IMO auto slow would make it more interesting, imaging being able to make armies of 5 or 6 mages and take on packs of ogres. Auto healing paladins would still get rolled hard by ogres, also if there was a bird there would they prioritize it or they only heal themselves?

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2020, 08:54:16 AM »
prioritize in healing gets units with lowest hp (in numbers not in %)
so yea if there 20/90 hp paladins and 5/100 hp bird, then bird heals first

about changes in balance etc, i said this will be in PUD, so when someone want play with this, they host custom edited map. (like chop is not very standart classic map too)

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2020, 09:36:25 AM »
If your goal is just to achieve balance there is no need to automate actions or change the way spells work, you can just tweak numbers to make them more or less effective where you think it is needed.
Make lust cost somewhere between 85 and 200 mana and heal 1 mana per hp healed and your game is now a lot more balanced without you having to change anything to the way the game works or is played.
Mechanically it will still be war2 the numbers just wont be that far appart anymore and thus it will be balanced if that really is what you are looking for...
You want to make fireball as great as coil for example? => Make fireball do a tiny bit more damage or cost less mana to cast etc...
That way you can make every spell in the game viable and decent without changing the way the game works or is played. Spells still do what they always did, players can play exactly the same as before and skills are used just the same, they just do the job better or worse. That way I feel there is less risk of denaturing the game and it will feel less like a hack more like a proper legit balancing of the game. :slight_smile:

I mean it is cool that peole can do these things for custom maps like freecastle and shit but yeah if we are talking core game experience and balancing this is how I see things.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2020, 12:19:44 PM »
I would delay more tier3 than doing autoheal, like the slowest upgarde for fort/castle bulding altar/church and upgarde and higher cost special for lust like 2000 wood xD
max  is 255
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2020, 10:43:14 AM »
That also are numbers that can be tweaked yes, delaying the lust powerspike effectively.
It could be interesting for sure...
Although it gives more time for humans to pull it off against the orcs once lust is unlocked it is back to square 1.
If heal actually healed, to have different powerspike timing for the two races where humans have a short period of time where they can be a little bit ahead could be an interesting approach :)

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2020, 06:15:20 PM »
That should be implemented, stop being old fuks that care about the core being the same. Time for you to grow up.
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2020, 07:52:25 PM »
That should be implemented, stop being old fuks that care about the core being the same. Time for you to grow up.

Stop being a judgemental young brat that does not care about what other people care about, you can make your own butchered version of the game if you want or play wargus, no one is stopping/judging you but it probably wont work...
All we are saying here is that there are people that love war2 the way it is and that although these balance changes could be interesting if done properly.
You probably do not want to butcher the game too much if you want to win most of our current warcraft 2 playerbase over a balance change.
Like Mistral said it will and should stay optional, keeping the changes to custom games/maps is fine!  :newthumbsup:

As I said previously balance is not really as important as nostalgia for many of our players, otherwise gow classic and hsc classic would not be the top played maps over their more balanced versions still...
Maybe we are old fuks but facts are facts gow classic is played by like 80% of the community rest are playing chop farms and has been for ages, does that look like a playerbase that is looking for radical changes to you incos?
You have to respect what your playerbase wants and not ignore the signals they send you. You cannot just say "grow up" when probably 99% of the playerbase is not showing any sign of looking for the changes you want...

I mean look at how unpopular wargus is, yet it has all the modern stuff plugged into it and some pretty cool things too like units life bars, resources bars etc... But it also does not feel like war2 anymore it went too far and most players rather stick to war2.ru...
When they connect to war2.ru people want to play warcraft 2, not Loria, not Wargus, not Age of empire, or Warcraft 3 with a skin... Let that sink in...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 07:57:19 PM by Cel »

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2020, 02:30:08 AM »
Сел. Скажу по-русски, братан :)
Ты немного не понимаешь, что мы хотим сделать и где :) Давай в дискорде объясню, раз у меня туго с английским :)

All good!

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2020, 02:39:19 AM »
@Oragorn Я же все понял мне кажеця, это только будет в pud да? Значит если будет хост классик гов у тебя не будет баланс и думаю это супер наверное)
Я просто ответил человек инкос потому что он давно спросивает что мы изменяем игру вообше за всех. Очень давно)))

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2020, 06:17:31 AM »
Who want that Cel? ur idol hacker u8?

I would love that, let's get it guys, best update of 2020 with the chop add on!
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline (PLS DELETE MY ACC)

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2020, 06:45:53 AM »
+1

"WE LOVE W2 FOR THE IMBALANCES :)"
"FUCKING BITCH ASS LUCKER I GOT 6 THREE TIMES IN A ROW GIT GUD NEWBIE"
"IDIOT WHORE U ONLY WON CUZ I WANTED TO BEAT U WITH HUMANS"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LC4YCh9Hg0
TOTALLY UNBIASED CHOP VIDEO

NOTHING (EXCEPT FOR A SUPER FRESH ADMIN) CAN STOP THE VANIMAL!

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2020, 06:52:13 AM »
+1

You dont even play war2 stfu

Offline (PLS DELETE MY ACC)

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2020, 07:09:12 AM »
+1

You dont even play war2 stfu
YO BUDDY FOREIGN CLIENTS ARE ALLOWED ON .RU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LC4YCh9Hg0
TOTALLY UNBIASED CHOP VIDEO

NOTHING (EXCEPT FOR A SUPER FRESH ADMIN) CAN STOP THE VANIMAL!

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2020, 11:18:07 AM »
I just dont understand why peoples like you are hanging on forum try To influence the peoples if you guys dont even play that game.

What the point?

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2020, 12:33:59 PM »
Who want that Cel? ur idol hacker u8?

I would love that, let's get it guys, best update of 2020 with the chop add on!
Dont worry you will still suck
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience