Author Topic: War2HotKeys - new program for changing hotkeys in the game.  (Read 35908 times)

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
Re: War2HotKeys - new program for changing hotkeys in the game.
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2020, 05:01:10 AM »
I repeat about m$ defender/etc for win10 users:

For those who want to use program and continue to use the built-in antivirus from m$, here is the way
To Add Exclusions for Windows Defender in Windows 10, same present even on  M$ site

!NOTE: do NOT add _folders_ to exclusions! this is exactly the thing that can make your computer more vulnerable.

Better way is to add _process_ to exclusions (must remove all "blocking-deleting" behavior),
adding _exe_ might still leave some questions, as i think.
Can't check for sure, because i don't use this useless "antivirus".

For those who trust m$, even when they screwed up hard, just not use program at all. Nobody forces.

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2020, 08:33:08 AM »
Or they can run it once modify their shortcuts then delete program/uninstall if they fear it may do stupid stuff in their back, the changes will stay applied right? :rofl:

I personally do not run windows 10 but I haven't taken the time to download/try it yet but once I do I will be able to tell for windows7 an 8.1.

Do you have the sources on a github somewhere @Available  :innocent:?
If you do or are not against using a github and If you are willing to share them with me, I could try and take some of my spare time (though probably not in a very near future) to see if I can help with them false positive detections.

Basically I would just run through the linked libraries to see which ones are really necessary/used and if we can add limitating compilation flags to clearly specify to the OS the reach of the program on the system (Depending on what library/language you used and their age, these flags can really tell a lot to the OS on what the program may be able to do and clear it completely).

This program is such a great idea and it look sooo damn good from what I saw in these videos that it would be really nice if we manage to have it on the website without spooking people off if we can avoid it  :D
Although old stupid people like me probably do not really feel like changing their shortcuts, new players coming in the server will probably ALL want to do that  :rofl:

Such a great feature to have this is going to help the server grow soooo much and this will be very very popular amongst new players I can already tell <3

EDIT :

Rofl I just saw you used AutoIt, I never used that thing but they may have the same kind of flags especially since it is a very recent language! I will look into what I can find to try and help though I am more into C C++ C# but I assume they have these flags somewhere especially since it is a modern framework :-)

I have looked a little into it and it seems because of the compressor and the compiler used to compile the thing:
https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/34658-are-my-autoit-exes-really-infected/

Nothing new under the sun when it comes to the solution we will have to do the same as usual send the file to all these virus labs for clearance (it works a lot better if you send the sources alongside but that only you can do for now). I remember I did it for the 4.3 version of combat and it was cleared ever since so it does not hurt to try :-)

One other solution that seems to work for half the time is to use a very low compression rate to minimize the effect of the compressor on the signature.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 09:09:53 AM by Cel »

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2020, 10:00:14 AM »
the changes will stay applied right?
Of course it is: file stat_txt.tbl stays into war2patch.mpq archive.

github
lol, no))
I sent sources to iL, he says that they are not as bad as I think  :slight_smile:
Or I can sent it to you directly if you join vk, but not for others persons please.

it is a modern framework
lol, it's very old compared to new stuffs. But too many hackers have used it. Because of this, the authors even removed some features.

One other solution that seems to work for half the time is to use a very low compression rate to minimize the effect of the compressor on the signature.
it does NOT use pecompact/upx etc compression already, for this very reason.

The problem with lazy "antiviruses", they just see "autoit" and it's like a red rag for a bull, and they not doing any proper checking.
I'm tired of "fighting windmills" like this.

Try to compile the "Hello World" example for the virustotal, it's really easy.

Maybe later really need to send program and sources at least to m$, because most peoples uses w10, but idk where to send it.
ps, just for lol.
After getting the sources, they'll say: Your source code is total bullshit, go program on our the best "C#Java.net", to hell that  :-\
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 10:17:59 AM by Available »

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2020, 10:37:04 AM »
I repeat about m$ defender/etc for win10 users:

For those who want to use program and continue to use the built-in antivirus from m$, here is the way
To Add Exclusions for Windows Defender in Windows 10, same present even on  M$ site

!NOTE: do NOT add _folders_ to exclusions! this is exactly the thing that can make your computer more vulnerable.

Better way is to add _process_ to exclusions (must remove all "blocking-deleting" behavior),
adding _exe_ might still leave some questions, as i think.
Can't check for sure, because i don't use this useless "antivirus".

For those who trust m$, even when they screwed up hard, just not use program at all. Nobody forces.

I dont think so normal users like eq should do that, since he dont know what he will do that, and what will happen after that

It work prople cant close that program, or just reboot system and download onemore time from web and it will work again
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2020, 10:38:01 AM »
Thats alot of acting to hide a crime.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2020, 11:27:53 AM »
It seems I made a mistake here:
PPS: Even EQ can use this, although every second message from him made me think about forbidding him(personally) to edit hotkeys.

and here:
Added version 1.0.0.1 with "paranoid applying mode".
Implemented useless feature(just because i can, and still remember enough in sources, not because it is useful), for one dumb person who lazy to even tweak his OBS studio or whatever he uses.
And got such nonsense in return.

Because I forgot:
"That the only way to talk to a fool was to ignore him" and
"Doing good to fools is like pouring water into the sea".

bb eq, welcome to the ignore list.
I still hope you have at least a little brain left to apologize to iL, me and everyone you unjustly accused on the forum.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2020, 12:45:55 PM »
Peoples are free to download something that dont work and just put virus in ur computer, at least, i did my job and tell them what it really is.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2020, 12:59:33 PM »
Dude who pays you?

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2020, 05:03:22 PM »
Just going to leave that there too...

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2020, 07:00:10 PM »
nice one!

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2020, 09:12:18 PM »
Fascinating extra tool for the game. Totally recommend it. This can be really useful. Thanks for your work on it buddy.

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2021, 04:53:39 PM »
so i changed my hotkeys as well back i nthe days ... i made my hotkeys QWE ASD ZXC kinda like playing aoe.. but what i want to change now is the letters on the pictures to show my new hotkeys .. does this program do that?

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2021, 02:06:32 PM »
to show my new hotkeys

...does this program do that?
Yes, and even checks errors if any.

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2022, 05:49:21 AM »
holy shit i dont got to keep ediitng my mpq for each wc2 i install now awesome dude!!!!  i like my hot keys to work like age of empires so the pictures matches the place of the keys

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2022, 05:56:51 AM »
one suggestion it would be nice if it displayed the icons how it looks in game .. cuz i forget where some of the icons are when u click on build ships for instance i dont know the order so i dont know how to make it match with QWE ASD
it would be awesome if the program displayed all the icons how they would look in the order of the game

edit .. i think im udnerstanding how its layed out not bad not bad
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 06:04:43 AM by Warbux »