Author Topic: 1v1 Gow EF SMURF Tournament Next weekend! Sunday Nov 1 @ 2pm CENTRAL  (Read 9992 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Big thanks to Wangs for hosting this tournament. I've only ever hosted one tournament so I figured Its time to host another one.

Sunday November 1st @ 2pm Central U.S.

Anyone want to co-host it with me? Or at least help me update bracket because i'd like to play in the tournament if possible.

I feel like after the initial brackets are up, it shouldnt be too hard for people to figure out who they're playing even if the bracket isnt updated immediately.

if this is a bad idea just say it and i'll not play.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: 1v1 Gow EF SMURF Tournament Next weekend! Sunday Nov 1 @ 2pm CENTRAL
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 09:58:35 PM »
All tourneys seem to be Sunday. I'm just curious how much Sat or Sun would effect it and/or what the players would prefer. You know it will only be ave/top players consuming 90% of the capacity.

Also, keep in mind, you are mid football in the US. That is also 8PM in Poland for Sunday.

I personally kind of like the smurf tournaments. It makes everyone play without tendencies vs the opponent. I also did like that once a year huge tournament burnt did where a lot of people came back just to play in it. No smurfs there. (Julyish?)

Just my opinions, I could be 100% wrong, which is why I'm seeking out feedback/advice myself.

PS TK: thanks for all of the help today, was a lot going on but I did notice it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 10:09:11 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 08:27:28 AM »
Tournament today! 2PM U.S. Central!

Check in @ 1:30 U.S. Central!

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 06:41:00 PM »
Thanks for participating in the Tournament. YourDoom wins vs COOKIES 3-2

Top 4:

YourDoom aka Lone
COOKIES aka u8t3io3p
Yggdrasil aka Medivh
stickybandit aka swift (i believe)

If anyone else wants to reveal aka's feel free to do so.

I was ~MeteoR

Brackets were pretty ugly. i admit. Had a few people go AFK for too long... We did the best with what we had. But I think everyone had a good time... And the final game was a pretty good matchup considering I had no idea who anyone was and all of the matchups were 100% random.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 06:46:15 PM »
Here is me streaming the final bo5 vs COOKIES and YourDoom

Sorry i didnt realize the game sound was not on. It was enabled.. It just didnt record.

Been having a lot of problems with OBS sound recently.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/789201861

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 07:37:34 PM »
All tourneys seem to be Sunday. I'm just curious how much Sat or Sun would effect it and/or what the players would prefer. You know it will only be ave/top players consuming 90% of the capacity.

Also, keep in mind, you are mid football in the US. That is also 8PM in Poland for Sunday.

I personally kind of like the smurf tournaments. It makes everyone play without tendencies vs the opponent. I also did like that once a year huge tournament burnt did where a lot of people came back just to play in it. No smurfs there. (Julyish?)

Just my opinions, I could be 100% wrong, which is why I'm seeking out feedback/advice myself.

PS TK: thanks for all of the help today, was a lot going on but I did notice it.
Fridays and Saturdays actually work better if you have European and Australian players like PBall does. I've hosted the majority of my tournaments probably over 80% on Saturday and maybe 20% Friday and Sunday.

I talk to so many people and organize tournaments a bit differently than a lot of people though. Even though I advertise on the forum and the Warcraft 2 pages I know a lot of PBallers personally and just people in general on the server. So I do a lot of word of mouth to my gaming buddies and then lesser contacts or way old friends on social media.

I'll say this with Christmas coming up this is the season starting with Halloween where old Warcraft 2 players come back and then leave shortly after or a few hang around. Tournaments during this time Late October to about February will do better generally. GOW tournaments always seem to be on Sunday for the most part but it doesn't have to be that way no. A lot of Europeans and especially Australians have been pissed about the way RU handles GOW tournaments.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 09:38:04 AM »
Congrats to lone.

I wasn't able to participate in this one. I'll be on the road during Ripe's tourney next weekend too - so I can't make that one either :(

StickyBandit went 2-3 vs Lone, so most likely Shotgun... slight chance that it could be either lux/steve/wg/viet
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2020, 11:58:45 AM »
Must be shotgun. Lux viet wg and steve had diff smurfs.

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2020, 02:04:28 PM »
Stickybandit, story of Swifts life

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2020, 04:48:11 PM »
Must be shotgun. Lux viet wg and steve had diff smurfs.

shotgun were afk when tour started so its impossible
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2020, 05:02:24 PM »
Coulda been Sepi or Viruz. The problem with stickybandit was the CAN flag made it seem like he was Braviet, and that gives a massive advantage to whoever lol

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2020, 05:05:34 PM »
Maybe we have a member of our community that nobody knows about who is able to compete is the highest level. Somebody who was able to fool lone and everybody else watching into believing in with Swift. We need to welcome this new Undercover top-tier player into our community

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2020, 05:11:42 PM »
What a mystery

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2020, 05:13:27 PM »
I'll gladly welcome and train anyone who wants to learn, but harry beat the guy, so doubt he could make us think he's swift lol...
Could not have been Eq or Tyrus cause they'll just crumble under pressure late game (despite 2 12 dual vs defensive power). It had to be someone who was willing to go through the trouble of appearing Canadian so at this point I'm guessing Sepi as he is very underrated and can easily compete at the top if he is active enough. Great late game and knows a lot of "wc2 theory" lol