Author Topic: *****Canceled RIPE HOSTING PRO TOURNEY SUNDAY 8 NOVEMBER canceled*****  (Read 8852 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: *****Canceled RIPE HOSTING PRO TOURNEY SUNDAY 8 NOVEMBER canceled*****
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2020, 07:35:31 PM »
I think the majority of these "pros" just play for fun. They're not really trying to prove any thing.

Most of us are getting old. We aren't at our prime any more.

The "pro only" tournament could discourage the tier 2 and 3 players.. because they know they will lose possibly in first round.

Not even inviting tier 4 and 5 to participate..

I would just host a tournament and set the bracket up so it's likely we will see the top 4 or 8 players in the semi finals.. and let the people who want to play play.

If you set the brackets up right, it will be a great tournament and the end will be full of a bunch of good games. .

Offline Rareskills

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2020, 08:58:24 PM »
Agree with tk...set up like ncaa tourney where top players are in separate brackets with possibility of meeting in final 4, with lower tier having a shot at it

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2020, 08:19:02 PM »
Yeah, the whole, sign up ahead of time is a good idea but it just isn't practical with the community we have. That is just the way it is. My tournament was the same as Tks.

Tk I will disagree with you on the bracket setup. If you are just going to have all the pros vs noobs, no noobs are going to want to play in the first place, Just do a pro tournament for that. That is a major discouragement and currently what does typically happen. That is the advantage of the smurf tournament imo.

Offline FlyDude

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2020, 03:34:25 PM »
Smurf tourneys are stupid. I'd rather have the ability to know who I'm actually up against and prepare for a particular advanced play style; then play some douche hiding under a different name, who doesn't care if he wins or loses because he will never play under that name again, nor disclose it in the case of an unlikely but possible loss.

I'll never understand how you guys can't be bored of jacking yourselves off over the "pros" in this game, rather than enjoying the wider scope of the potential of this community.

The stagnation in the ranks of "tier 1" is due to structure and design; the insular nature of your day-to-day games, and quarterly events. No other competitive community in the world suffers such stagnation as a natural course.

It's intentional, it's boring, and it is sad.

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2020, 01:39:01 PM »
anyway no reason to try to host tourneyz(pro).

some real time live LAN meet up tourney with pros in would be only good solution. maybe some day...