Author Topic: Hi guys  (Read 3612 times)

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Hi guys
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2020, 07:46:26 PM »
Mousey deleted one of my accounts once with not much time. Granted it did not even have a percentage of the posts you have, she was still able to do it. Do you remember those pms blid?

If he needs his account deleted to feel safe from threats, then we should be willing to help.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2020, 07:50:42 PM »
Like I said accounts can be deleted easily.  Do you know if the posts went too?  I can't test because I'm not an admin.  Mouse was, iL is.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2020, 08:59:11 PM »
I know that it got set to "guest" and i could no longer log on the account or check post history. I'm pretty sure all of its posts got deleted, I checked some old threads where someone quoted it on, it's original posts aren't anywhere to be found.

Offline FlyDude

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2020, 01:08:44 PM »
A cautionary tale, that what exists in the wilds of the web is never personally retained, and cannot be.

And, no, TK, you can't delete your Facebook or Google or Amazon profiles. You can theoretically adjust publicly available settings, but each of the social media/big data giants retain all your data and info, forever. It all gets fed into their metadata algorithms; it is used to "fill gaps" in data that they are able to assess and determine, though such data has never been disclosed or given; all such determined data rests within their sole powers as well; with no access, identification, or control, of or by the TARGET: YOU.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2020, 07:58:31 PM »
A cautionary tale, that what exists in the wilds of the web is never personally retained, and cannot be.

And, no, TK, you can't delete your Facebook or Google or Amazon profiles. You can theoretically adjust publicly available settings, but each of the social media/big data giants retain all your data and info, forever. It all gets fed into their metadata algorithms; it is used to "fill gaps" in data that they are able to assess and determine, though such data has never been disclosed or given; all such determined data rests within their sole powers as well; with no access, identification, or control, of or by the TARGET: YOU.

pretty sure overlord zuck gave the ok to delete any personal information if requested, after his grilling by congress a couple of years ago. could be wrong, but doubt it.

i'm never wrong.