Author Topic: Main server is messing up. We're playing on Mousetopher server.  (Read 2217 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Main server is messing up. We're playing on Mousetopher server.
« on: December 19, 2020, 12:38:27 PM »
idk whats going on.

also backup .ru is testing i think that beta stuff with mods to the game.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Main server is messing up. We're playing on Mousetopher server.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 08:26:47 PM »
It's been back up FYI

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 10:31:13 PM »
@iL server is down.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 12:12:15 AM »
Who the fuck hacked the hell out of war2 and destroyed it?  Logged into the backup RU server and halls were producing grom hellscream, alters were hasting units when they got near it,  fucking absurd.  Completely destroyed war2.  Couldnt connect to mousies server nor the RU main server.  Someone needs to have their eyelids ripped off their face,  fingernails removed slowly,  BTC wallets drained, and drives quadrupled zeroed for the garbage they somehow managed to put into the RU backup server while killing both mousetopher and ru's main server.  This is absurd.

At this point,  it seems like I should just put up a barebones PVPGN and whoever joins,  joins.  Fuck this modified bullshit.  A decent backup server needs to exist somewhere that isnt rekt all to shit.  I played 1 game,  raped 2 noobs in a 2v1 and logged the fuck off that garbage.  It was absolutely HORRENDOUS.  It wasnt even war2 anymore.  This shit better not be on the main server.  EVER.  I dont care if it makes war2 is as stable as BTC's network or as perfectly balanced as BTC's ledger,  it was utter garbage and has no place in war2 at all.  Nuke that shit please, and bury whoever created it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 12:33:02 AM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 01:43:54 AM »
It’s Tupac. He wants us to migrate to his server.
war2 > war3

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 02:35:02 AM »
Hes been in hiding since 96 now invites us to chill? I'm down

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2020, 02:49:22 AM »
@All I've also joined the mousetopher server please join there for games.
war2 > war3

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2020, 03:49:39 AM »
Main server is restored now.
Sorry for such problems
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2020, 03:54:20 AM »
Who the fuck hacked the hell out of war2 and destroyed it?  Logged into the backup RU server and halls were producing grom hellscream, alters were hasting units when they got near it,  fucking absurd.  Completely destroyed war2.  Couldnt connect to mousies server nor the RU main server.  Someone needs to have their eyelids ripped off their face,  fingernails removed slowly,  BTC wallets drained, and drives quadrupled zeroed for the garbage they somehow managed to put into the RU backup server while killing both mousetopher and ru's main server.  This is absurd.

At this point,  it seems like I should just put up a barebones PVPGN and whoever joins,  joins.  Fuck this modified bullshit.  A decent backup server needs to exist somewhere that isnt rekt all to shit.  I played 1 game,  raped 2 noobs in a 2v1 and logged the fuck off that garbage.  It was absolutely HORRENDOUS.  It wasnt even war2 anymore.  This shit better not be on the main server.  EVER.  I dont care if it makes war2 is as stable as BTC's network or as perfectly balanced as BTC's ledger,  it was utter garbage and has no place in war2 at all.  Nuke that shit please, and bury whoever created it.

This: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,6083.0.html
The plan is to keep it in test mode on the backup server till 9 Jan 2021 (1 month) and then switch it off or make it depend on special map (modified GOW_with_triggers.pud or something), or some special type of game, incompatible with the original one...
Maybe would be better to enforce that special mode before 9 Jan, to leet people use backup as backup since the main server can go down...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2020, 04:34:36 AM »
Main server is restored now.
Sorry for such problems

Thx IL it's much appreciated.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2020, 04:35:43 AM »
@iL when your free would you please fix the server.status  page?  looks like it's messed up to.
war2 > war3

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2020, 05:09:19 AM »
@iL when your free would you please fix the server.status  page?  looks like it's messed up to.
Sure, fixed it already. Some old games are showm active, that's a known thing, but new games/players will be shown properly...

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2020, 02:04:23 PM »
IDK how people got on mousies server, when I tried,  it was down also.  The only thing up was that crap backup server that's been hacked all to hell.  If those features are supposed to be in a map, then PUT them in a map and TEST it from the map.  Otherwise, the "test" is completely invalid as it didnt test the actual use case.  It doesnt matter if no map editor exists yet,  someone has the ability to do it by hand,  all they have to do is upload the map somewhere.  Simple.  I dont care if maps are modified to turn the game into peter pan,  if it's possible to keep changes like that in a map file,  great.  Just know that it would be wasted time for me because I'd never play such a map anyway ;)  I wasnt thrilled about having to put a runestone near my goldies or between woodies and mill/hall.  It was just absurd.  Dumbest shit I've ever witnessed in a war2 mod.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 02:10:17 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2020, 08:30:22 PM »
I used some the new features and got my ass kicked. Also, Peter Pan, lol.

I had no issues going to Mouse's server. I was told that if you had the USA server up in your options, you couldn't join Mouse's. Not sure if that was the case with you.

I tried to let people know that iL was doing beta testing on the server as well. I did not see you on, so that information probably didn't get communicated through the other players. Probably should have forum'd that too.