Author Topic: Two-Headed Ogre Mode // Archon mode !!!  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Two-Headed Ogre Mode // Archon mode !!!
« on: December 26, 2020, 03:36:43 AM »
A new scientific breakthrough in WarCraft 2!  :wc2:
This time, Mistral and lesnik were able to create a NEW GAME MODE! It will be available to all players soon!  :peon:
Introducing the Two-Headed Ogre Mode! (just like the Archon mode in Starcraft!)

For those who do not know what the Archon mode is, I explain: this is when 2 or more players play for one player!
Thus, it is possible to assign roles. For example: one player controls the economy and the other the army!

Regarding the color of the frames for selecting units:
Green is the player's normal frame.
Yellow - a frame that lights up when your ally has selected one or another unit
Lilac - a frame when TWO or more players have selected the same unit.

These colored frames will help you not to interfere with the actions of your allies, or vice versa, will help you direct them on the right path!

« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 07:56:44 AM by Oragorn »

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
Re: Two-Headed Ogre Mode!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 04:32:57 AM »
Please, at least use google-translator in the opposite direction, before publishing the text.

To be honest the share of lesnik's work here is 0.01%

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Two-Headed Ogre Mode!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 05:29:02 AM »
This is so cool,  I've always wondered if this was possible.

Well done!

Now,  any way to have infinite watchers?

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: Two-Headed Ogre Mode // Archon mode !!!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 08:00:06 PM »
Interesting mode but not very useful with only 8 slots to work with and 10 players total playing games at any one time lol.  I could also see this being abused by hackers to make units run away, wrong direction, aborting things, waste res by making wrong units,  etc.  Not saying the work here isnt cool,  but lets be real,  this is also a game thats EASILY hacked as it is already.  Adding more things to hack before any type of anti-hack is working well probably isnt the best use of good skill/talent/time.

The real "break through" would be making war2 a server based game rather than client based without losing the "feel" of the current war2 client (easier said than done).  Have no idea how to accomplish that without a complete re-write from the ground up ;)  That's is something that has already been done however so I guess it wouldnt have to be from total ground up.  Wargus can easily be made to be server based rather than client based which cuts the ability for hacking IMMENSELY just by virtue of most things being done on the server rather than on the client.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 08:08:46 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 04:08:26 PM »
Just wondering, is this Ogre-mode available to be set for custom maps like campaign maps ? That would be super cool to be honest. Would appreciate an opinion about this.

By now just for being a mod seems quite funny to see in warcraft 2, aside of Starcraft.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 04:43:36 PM »
yes of cours this trigger works for custom multiplayer campanigns too.
i actually think this is very more useful exactly for campanigns than for the competetive games itself.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 04:49:55 PM »
and you not need to ask when you see something triggers functions i created if they can be used in custom campanigns.
all triggers of course can be used. Actually what you see in War2Mod is just like 40% of all functions. They are what is working in online.
Because its harder to make it work in online cause of probability of desync and disconnects.
In singleplayer there is way more functional possibilities for this.

p.s. but exactly this 2 player controls 1 trigger is not meant for singleplayer at all obviously)))
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 04:52:09 PM by Mistral »

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 06:30:21 PM »
and you not need to ask when you see something triggers functions i created if they can be used in custom campanigns.
all triggers of course can be used. Actually what you see in War2Mod is just like 40% of all functions. They are what is working in online.
Because its harder to make it work in online cause of probability of desync and disconnects.
In singleplayer there is way more functional possibilities for this.

p.s. but exactly this 2 player controls 1 trigger is not meant for singleplayer at all obviously)))

I have seen so many new features that were added by you my friend, I'm really looking for your release time. This is sort of revolutionary for Warcraft 2 in 2020. These tools always should have been released by Blizzard Entertainment YEARS AGO. Still, I think you deserve so much credit once they could be released. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.