3 (15.8%)
15 seconds
9 (47.4%)
20 seconds
2 (10.5%)
45 seconds
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: What time-out limit would you prefer?  (Read 3301 times)

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
What time-out limit would you prefer?
« on: March 31, 2021, 07:16:05 PM »
The brains trust has just implemented an awesome improvement to the game by reducing the time-out limit. However, there has been conflicting opinions as to which limit works best.

What do you prefer? If you prefer other times, feel free to state which and why!

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: What time-out limit would you prefer?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 07:24:46 PM »
0 second, no laggers
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 07:25:23 PM »
5 sec is perfect...

If someone drop other players like garbage, then dont let them watch or play in ur games.

People must be educate.

Learning to not drop a player is a part of that education, but if a watcher lag my games i dont want to wait wait 45 or 15 sec.

5 sec is perfect!

Drop these laggers and educates peoples to not drop players.

Thats the way to go...
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 08:18:30 PM »
it's not about educating, some sore losers will disc the winning player if the winning player is having a lag spike. you can't stop lag spikes, they happen.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 08:42:09 PM »
I mean, people can tab in or out (mostly watchers) and use up 5ish seconds and nobody who is playing really cares. Even if it's 3 and 2 seconds in a short period of time they can be dropped. Plus, sometimes people can turn off other programs or something if their RAM/CPU is overloaded. It's also not uncommon for someone to lag the first 5-10 seconds of the game and then be good the rest of the game. You don't want a 20min game ruined because of 5 seconds.

Also, if there could be an auto save feature before the drop, that would be cool! :)

Yes, its 2021 but we are also playing a super old game. Browsers take up a TON of RAM. I feel like there are a decent amount of people working with older machines.

Final thought, 5 seconds = RIP BRZ

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 09:01:35 PM »
I mean, people can tab in or out (mostly watchers) and use up 5ish seconds and nobody who is playing really cares. Even if it's 3 and 2 seconds in a short period of time they can be dropped. Plus, sometimes people can turn off other programs or something if their RAM/CPU is overloaded. It's also not uncommon for someone to lag the first 5-10 seconds of the game and then be good the rest of the game. You don't want a 20min game ruined because of 5 seconds.

Also, if there could be an auto save feature before the drop, that would be cool! :)

Yes, its 2021 but we are also playing a super old game. Browsers take up a TON of RAM. I feel like there are a decent amount of people working with older machines.

Final thought, 5 seconds = RIP BRZ

But the dude who will ruin the game after 5 second, do he will not ruin the game after 15 or 45 sec? He will still drop you bro!

It's not a question of time, 15 or 45 will bring the same god damn result, the bad loser will drop you anyway!

It's not about time, it's about education!

If i do a 1v1 and we have six watchers, i prefere to drop those watchers lagger in 5 sec instead of 45...

When i play, i am in a kinda trance, if you broke that trance for 45 sec then you can say you just drop my game bro!
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 01:17:55 AM »
5 seconds and auto-perm ban from server for lagging.

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 04:48:45 AM »
someone to lag the first 5-10 seconds of the game and then be good the rest of the game
It's too hard to close all shitty software BEFORE switch to the game?
Also Alt-Tabbing lag is a annoying behavior of a watcher. Perhaps using Alt + Enter will help.

if the winning player is having a lag spike
This * is kinda less 1% of all games.

you can't stop lag spikes, they happen
If YOU can't stop or minimize it - need to work for some better connection method (or ISP)... not to spoil other people's games by ruining micro, not to force others to wait pointlessly in 90% or more of cases.

Q.E.D: you are lagging and want to keep others waiting, very selfish - same as using lagging Wi-Fi when cable can be easily obtained.

"Let's wait for the lagging man" is a matter of goodwill from the rest of the players.
If ppl really want to play with lagger, because they want to finish fair game or just because he is good/neutral person, they will wait after 5 seconds have elapsed anyway.

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 07:52:26 AM »
15 seconds makes a lot more sense

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 09:41:47 AM »
Going from 45 to 5 is kind of extreme right away. 15 is a good medium.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2021, 04:34:12 PM »
If I'm lagging, I can often Tab out of Warcraft 2, disconnect from my Wi-Fi, reconnect to my Wi-Fi, and resume the game with absolutely no problems. That probably takes me like 20 seconds

Offline Droid

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 08:10:20 PM »
Voted for 45 seconds but I think we need 90 seconds, u can get some tea, think about your game & your life while waiting.

Also Serenity will lose all his re5pect if we reduce DISC time. 10 seconds disc ain't serious!