Author Topic: War2Mod (War2 with triggers) beta testing  (Read 20599 times)

Offline aLfReD

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: War2Mod (War2 with triggers) beta testing
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2020, 04:45:31 PM »
Haven't read the whole thread so sorry if i'm saying something already pointed out.

10/10, plenty fun my only suggestion would be to remove the autoheal sound as all you hear once the knight and his friends has been to battle is dong dong dong dong dong dong

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2020, 04:50:56 PM »
Ok there is new update.

1) Fixed status of demons and sheeps. So stats can be seen as on normal unit.
2) Demons >:D multiselectable now. And do less dmg.
3) Runestone radius is 2 now. Fixed Runestone heal and mana regen timer. They now heals as needed.

4) BIG UPDATE. :-X
Removed random damage from units. Units always dealt max damage now.
Mybe did you saw when ogre can dealt like from 4 to 8 dmg. And somehow your ogres dealt always 4 it seems and enemies always 8. And you thinking wat is the actual fuk is this?!?!!
So u can forget about it now. No random. No luck. just SKILL. just microcontrol like a god.

5) BIG UPDATE. :P
Bloodlust always do X2 dmg. Not X1.5 not X2.5 and NOT X3. ONLY!!! x2.
Cause it now calculates from final damage. (after armor was removed).

Damage thing and bloodlust thing will be removed later :blank: (i think).
Please TEST them and TELL what YOU think about that SHIT!? :poo:
(if many people like it then it will stay.) (and maybe even wiil go to official serv? ??? :thinking:)

Wow, great changes, especially with damage system  :slight_smile: I don't have time now, but maybe after Christmas I will test it
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 06:15:26 PM by Vendar »

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2020, 07:19:58 PM »
Ok we played 3hours me alf sg and viet, we need more oil xd, deamon op, heros shouldnt be able after farm, there should be settings to make hero like you need mill to make alleria,blacksmith danath, stable knights, church palladin, mage tower mage, aviary gryphon

Human seems to be op, no more just lust, some air,melee units

Funny when sg used invis but i had khadgar so I slowed him when he was invis xD
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 01:58:17 AM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2020, 01:54:42 AM »
Also the braviet- unit seems to be very under powered. It always dies so easily and has very low AI

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2020, 07:10:23 PM »
So new update.

1) Attack peons gold cost changed from 300 to 150.
2) Removed Alleria inviz. Cause tested enough. All works and game not chrashes. So this not needed now.
3) Because of inviz remove - Alleria +1 pierce dmg and Zuljin hp regen doubled.
4) Removed heal sound of autoheal from Uter when heal heals less than 4 hp. Cause he heals 1 hp for 1 mp. And there was like DONG DONG DONG anouing sound every 0.000001 nanoseconds.
5) Demons multiselectable now.
6) Fixed Status draw for demons.
7) Not need exorcism learned for autoheal to work.

and IMPORTANT UPDATE
u now need to have certain buildings to make heros. Cause early rush is too bad.
Alleria/Zuljin you need to have Lumbermill
Danath/Grom and Lotar/Kargath you need to have Smith (Lotar/Kargath only from 2 tier TH)
Tyralyon/Dentarg and Uter/Chogal you need to have Stables/Ogre mound (Tyralyon/Dentarg only from 2 tier TH and Uter/Chogal only from 3 tier TH)
Hadgar/Teron you need to have Mage Tower/Temple (only from 3 tier TH)
Kurdran/Deathwing you need to have Aviary (only from 3 tier TH)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 07:15:30 PM by Mistral »

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2020, 07:54:48 PM »
@iL  can you add that channel war2mod on main server? Its funny to play sometimes, but need to relog on backup
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2020, 08:19:59 PM »
@iL  can you add that channel war2mod on main server? Its funny to play sometimes, but need to relog on backup
A little later.
Not sure if it will not cause some problems with the server connectivity, so, let's look after testing period.

Also, i see you streaming war2mod on twitch, that's great! Maybe makes sense to tell viewers how they can use that mod? Some simple instructions to join backup and move to the proper channel?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2020, 08:22:37 PM »
Sorry u8 this is not just channel )
I think we will add this after beta test in combat 47+ and on official serv.
There will be special game modes in MPQ for this.
Like there is Melee or UMS.
Will be something like War2Mod Melee
and for custom maps or online campanigns will be
Triggers Melee and Triggers UMS.
And maybe some others for other things.
So only people who have combat 47+ (or edited MPQ) will be able to join games with that gamemode. Others cannot.
And you will see even before entering lobby that this is War2Mod game or Triggers game. I think its will be very convenient.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 08:24:48 PM by Mistral »

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2020, 07:28:29 PM »
Seems to me that the actual functionality of the triggers works and work should be done to add it to maps rather than it's current state on the backup server of being enabled for everything.  The map should be used for the balance,  not the functionality testing phase of the base trigger system (not sure why a weird name such as "triggers" is used,  that seems like the wrong way to describe what it does,  likely a language barrier mistake).  You're using the "beta test" for all the wrong reasons, all I've seen are "balance" changes so far and 1 or 2 functionality tests (which could have been done from a map file to begin with anyway if they can indeed be held there).  Functionality has nothing to do with balance issues.  Modify a map,  put it up from DL somewhere since that is how it would have to be used on the main server (if at all).

You dont need to enable it for EVERYONE in order to test the actual functionality of different types of modifications if these types of changes can truly be held within a map file (I have doubts about that,  some of these mods are pretty elaborate).  But if they are right about the mods being able to be held within a map file,  then one can do the same tests from a map file and not interrupt the purpose of the backup server which is TO BE A BACKUP ;)  It's not meant to be used as a testing grounds.  A map editor isnt needed either,  the dev doing these changes (Mistral I assume) said that these could all be put into a map file.  If that's the case,  let's see that proven first before all these other balance mods are made.  He should be able to add these to a map file by hand without the assistance of a map editor because in order to make a map editor, one needs to know how to do the modifications by hand first.

My opinion is that if these changes cant be limited to a map file,  then whatever modification it is,  should be abandoned as it posses to many risks for very little reward.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 07:43:58 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2020, 12:19:46 AM »
Now backup is not started War2Mod always. You need to change channel when you joins server. Only then mod enabled.

So about maps. Well you people actually all have PUD maps with trigges long ago.  :thinking:
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,6084.0.html
No one ever tried to play? ??? Ye there is 2 players neded though, so maybe you dont have friends to play with.  :tear:  :sob:

p.s. name "triggers" has been taken from Starcraft map editor. That things is built in map editors by Blizzard in SC1, SC2, War3.
and actully all this project started from this)))
i wanted that there will be a way for people to create custom maps with triggers like in StarCraft1. (way to create without using programming and etc, just 10-20 mouse cliks that even noobs can do).

So my project is - Triggers System!
And ok what War2Mod is - this is considered Oragon's project, not my. He want to create new balanced war2 and etc. And this project just using my triggers system and i helping Oragorn to make this.
You maybe ask why do i even do this project for him? Cause he my only friend and my only backend slave :newthumbsup: tester for triggers who always run to help me from the first call in 24/7 mode and always working like mule :chuckisthemuscle: restarting game for 100k times in 10 mins to see changes in code and memory values for me.

And so what will be in future - wiil be special gamemode in MPQ for my Triggers System in PUD maps and other gamemode for Oragorn's War2Mod. in combat 47+

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2020, 01:07:24 AM »
So new update.

Added rally point for buildings. So you select building and just press right mouse button. And units from this building when created will be runing where you set point.

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2020, 04:39:34 AM »
Added rally point for buildings. So you select building and just press right mouse button. And units from this building when created will be runing where you set point.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2020, 11:09:25 AM »
So new update.

Wow that is big.  That's a major component of later RPGs.  Can you set the peon rally point to the mine?  rally point to chop?

are the footies rallying with right click or with attack-move?  (so can someone attack them on their whole way to the rally point and they'll keep running?)

Can pathfinding be improved in this, or is that not possible?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:12:51 AM by Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart) »

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2020, 11:36:35 AM »
For now its like A-click.
Foties aggro to all enemies on path.
Mages aggro other mages and buildings.
Peons just run. (maybe they aggro other peons though i dnt tested it).

Maybe later i will find a way to make peons mine and chop chop. ))
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:47:32 AM by Mistral »

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2020, 12:26:36 PM »
Glad all this stuff would be map dependent.  Things like rally points cut into the one thing that sets War2 apart from every other RTS out there,  the requirement of multi-tasking for every single minor detail.  The more you automate,  the more watered down multi-tasking skills become.  Something as minor as forgetting to make peons do something like chop or mine can determine who's going to win and who isnt and that's the way it should be.  What's next?  Automatic creation of peons?  Dont laugh,  it exists in the form of "Queueing" in just about every RTS except for War2.  And the idea of units fighting on the way to a path already exists in the game.  It's called patrol.  Always patrol to a spot on the map,  then know how long it's going to take them to get there and stop them once they arrive.  That's a critical part of war2 and can also determine who's going to win and who isnt.  Those who pay attention to minor details are always going to have the upper hand in war2.  In every other RTS,  minor details mean jack squat because they simply dont exist due to all the automation.  If I wanted to play SC/SC2/AoE and watch the CPU basically play for me in 75% of the game,  I'd go play SC/SC2/AoE,  I wouldnt play war2.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 12:36:00 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.