Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Nice 8) I don't have work that weekend so I will be free to play most likely  :slight_smile:
Server.War2.ru / $1000 2v2 Chop Tournament on July 19th at 3pm EST
« Last post by ~ToRa~ on Today at 01:06:27 PM »
2v2 Chop tournament on 07/19/2024 at 3pm EST

Payouts are the following,

$600 split for 1st
$400 split for 2nd
Server.War2.ru / Re: how to play new ladder
« Last post by dannyldd on Today at 12:05:21 PM »
so Ed, nice great new feature.
« Last post by Mistral on Today at 09:38:18 AM »
ye i can make posts with maps pool on each new seasons
and people must be able to play many types of maps, ofc there will not be something like ums maps with changed stats or etc
but there must be always at least 1 water map
Warcraft 2 is also sea battles, even if many peoples forgetting about it often
« Last post by Nox on June 22, 2024, 08:31:12 PM »
Yeah i guess we can see maps by folders, the problem is no one really willing to go that deep to know whats are the maps, and if they want to see them they also need to open editor map, thats very complicated, you should just make an official presentation of them on forum or official website with image of the maps and short description of them.. Doing something a little bit more professionnal then just hoping peoples to searchs in their folders and editor map.

Not only its better for everyone but it will ecourage them to play it when they see a nice clean presentation of the season.

Also, im not sure about adding free ressources map on these pool, i kinda feel that selection of maps, but the arena one is not something that really belong there, same for water map, you should make sure the maps are something everyone play in general, free ressources is mostly something to play for fun and water map are probably play by a minority on the server, lot of peoples will not play a random ladder if some map are really dislike.

Thanks for the work too, really appreciated.

« Last post by Mistral on June 22, 2024, 07:21:33 PM »
you can find all of the maps pool in Maps/Random/maps folder, they are downloaded when you join serv
this map pool prepared with the help of Dudakurten, i not saw him long ago though, seems like he have some real life stuff to do
there was some untraceable bugs in scripts but now seems fixed
so yea map pool can be changed with community
for now its small, mostly for testing new ladder system
« Last post by Nox on June 22, 2024, 06:51:18 PM »
I love the concept but im not a fan of how it is done.

My probleme is pretty simple, there no informations about it at all.

How does it work??

You said its Random maps, but how much maps there in the pool??

2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16-20-50??

What are the maps, it will be fun to have image of them and the name of them to know exactly what we gonna play.

Did you speak with community to know what kind of maps and rules they want or you only did speak with u8 so its another ladder to personally please him.

Thanks for answer.

Server.War2.ru / Re: War2 RU Ladder......
« Last post by Mistral on June 22, 2024, 06:32:23 PM »
you guys can just try new ladder system
https://forum.war2.ru/index.php?topic=7145.0
Server.War2.ru / how to play new ladder
« Last post by Mistral on June 22, 2024, 06:23:13 PM »
so guys it seems like not many players know how to play in new fixed ladder (it only counts ELO, no cursed ranks)
today it seems like i at last fixed reports sorting, so i cleared all previous testing games
now everyone can start playing
you can check ELO ranks here https://ladder.war2.ru/index_mist.php

so basically you need to host map random.pud from Maps/Random folder

you always automatically have it after join server as it will be downloaded shortly after you connected
first 2 spots is for players, 3rd spot is for obs if you need
when game starts you will get random unknown map to play and compete for ladder

and dont say that its not fair or something, check how ladder games works on sc2 or war3, peoples get some map pool for every season and they play random maps in competetive mode
if you only want to play only gow its not good, you want to compete for Warcraft 2 ladder, not gow ladder, this is different things, in War2 you need to be able to play other types of maps. (btw dnt worry your belowed gow is still in map pool and you can get it randomly)

so yea there will also be changing map pool every now and then, like 1-3 months seasons we will see how fast people want to change it
Server.War2.ru / Cant stop laughing :D
« Last post by Knitter on June 22, 2024, 12:41:37 PM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10