Author Topic: Changing Colors  (Read 2350 times)

Offline Schmuder

• Peon
  • Warcraft Fan since my childhood
    • View Profile
Changing Colors
« on: September 02, 2024, 09:43:07 PM »
Good day everyone,

Im new in this forum and hope I post this in the right section. I stumbled upon some Warcraft 2 MP Streams and it ignited a flame to bust out Warcraft II and play the campaign again
This questions might sound a little dumb, but is it possible to change the color from the normal blue (alliance) to something else? I tried to extract the campaign files with MPQEditor, opened the first campaign from the humans and just tried to switch it from blue to yellow. When I put the file back in and started it, it crashed :D
I dont know if its maybe hardcoded.
Just dont want to always look at blue(alliance) or red (orc) :D
Helps, Tips, Suggestions, everything is appreciated!
Thanks for keeping one of my favorite childhood games alive in so many facettes!
Hope you all got a nice day

Kind regards,

Schmuder
« Last Edit: September 02, 2024, 11:10:00 PM by Schmuder »
Send me message, like, location braddah

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Colors
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2024, 12:42:20 PM »
It crashed cause you need save your mpq as Warcraft 2 mpq
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Schmuder

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2024, 03:46:01 PM »
Oh my god, thank you very much! How can I be this stupid? :D
Well, Im new to this whole thing!

When I put the the human01x.pud back, it was in my "working folder" and not the MPQ like you said.
Thank you very much for the quick response and for helping me!
A childhood dream came true to be honest. Was looking on this topic on and off over the years.

Now I can try to play the Alliance Campaign in Yellow (Traitors) and the Orcs in Blue (Flowerpicker clan). :D

Thanks agains @Szwagier !!!!!!

Offline Pandaprewmaster325

• Grunt
  • Warcraft forgot its roots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2024, 06:30:46 PM »
Hey mate I was also having same thoughts but for the expansion pack missions like playing as different orc clans cuz u unite them under the shadowmoon banner but come on I want to play a bit as the warsong maybe thunder lords ? Be cool if each mission u change color.
Today warcraft is not the warcraft it used to be , lets stick to what made warcraft warcraft! ORCS AND HUMANS

Offline Schmuder

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2024, 12:52:17 AM »
You can change the colors in the expansion pack too! :)
So today I started the Orc Campaign and I'm blue instead of red and when I start the Human Campaign, my little tiny peasants will be yellow.
It's a little hassle to do that for every mission, but hey, for me it gives the game a kinda new feeling :D
But you gave me an idea when I start Beyond the Dark Portal, maybe Im gonna play the orcs in violet, like the Warsong-Clan in WC3