Author Topic: Clan specific bonuses  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Pandaprewmaster325

• Grunt
  • Warcraft forgot its roots.
    • View Profile
Clan specific bonuses
« on: August 25, 2024, 01:47:05 PM »
Hey forum people , so the other day I had an idea what if warcraft 2 had bonuses that make each faction unique something like age of empires series where units are mostly the same between civilisations but the difference is the perks and quirks each civilisation gives.

So I asked myself what if we apply same logic to warcraft 2 factions well warcraft 2 has the alliance and the horde but each faction consists of multiple clans for orcs and nations for humans today I will focus on ZE orcs.

Note: keep in mind unlike my previous balance change proposals where its possible to change the game these are clan specific bonuses which I doubt the game can identify each "sub" faction and give them their bonuses as such unlike the balance proposals that will be made into a mod (coming early 2025) this is purely for fun and will not be made into a data mod.

So the game will be kept as it is no balance changes to base units the changes will be clan specific only BUT there will be 3 general balance changes these are universal they are:

1- bloodlust effect halved
2-healing 3 mana per 1 HP
3- farms give 5 food instead of 4

Lets start:

-blackrock clan:
-grunts start with 3 base armor
-catapults are effected by armor upgrades
-blacksmith upgrades 25% cheaper
-peons are effected by attack and armor upgrades

Blacktooth grin clan:
-grunts +10 health
-grunts +3 armor per armor upgrade
-goblin sappers +10 damage
-goblin zepplin +2 speed

Bleeding hollow clan:
-trolls attacks 15% faster
-grunts attack 10% faster
-peons +5 health
-trolls +1 speed

Dragonmaw clan:
-dragon roost available at tier 2 (stronghold)
-dragons attack 10% faster
-dragons 25% cheaper
-farms and towers cost 15% less resources

Twilight hammer clan:
-all barracks units train %10 faster
-ogre magi start with 120 mana
-catapults attack 15% faster
-death and decay area of effect increased by 5%

Stromreaver clan:
-all temple of the damned upgrades cost 30% less resources
-death knights  double mana  regeneration
-all ships +10 health
-shipyards built 30% faster

Burning blade clan:
-grunts +3  attack per attack upgrade
-grunts +1 attack
-ogres/ogre magi +10 health
-ogre magi +1 attack

These are the clan specific bonuses made to fit each clan theme and give unique take on gameplay  you have the blacktooth grin with tanky grunts capable of exploiting breakthroughs done by higher damage dealing sappers , dragonmaw whom sole focus is well dragons but to make them reach that point they must survive a defensive bonus does that pretty well , you have the burning blade melee focused clan with high damage grunts and more durable ogres , and the twilight hammer with faster training units they can rush pretty early .

This  might be possible to turn into a custom map but I don't know of the limits of warcraft 2 map editor while I would prefer a universal data mod to allow this to be played in all maps with sorts of terrain and schemes I don't think its possible tho that would require confirmation of people who delved into the side of modding warcraft 2.

If you have any alternate takes on the clan bonuses voice your thoughts [thots]  in ze comments

Peace.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 02:15:30 PM by Pandaprewmaster325 »
Today warcraft is not the warcraft it used to be , lets stick to what made warcraft warcraft! ORCS AND HUMANS

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Clan specific bonuses
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2024, 12:27:54 PM »
Now if only there was some unique models for grunts , for example burning blade grunts would resemble the blademasters from warcraft 3 , the twilight hammer with pale looking grunts and peons , the bleeding hollow with tropical style armor , and the blacktooth grin with some extra armor on grunts but sprites are harder to work with than 3d models since u need to animate the unit for multiple angles idk how hard it is but definitely not easy would like to see more model creation for warcraft 2 things like footmen and knights with unique armor to their respective nation etc.
Today warcraft is not the warcraft it used to be , lets stick to what made warcraft warcraft! ORCS AND HUMANS

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Clan specific bonuses
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2024, 01:00:51 PM »
Got sick lately sadly no new ideas I could think of for warcraft 2 although I wanted to brainstorm some bonuses for the 6 orcish clans in beyond ze dark portal I feel like the shadowmoon clan would be more spellcaster centred much more spellcaster centred than the stormreavers , the laughing skull would have  some unusual gameplay idk something like peons with more sight or ability to steal enemy resources or even have camouflaged units on land , the warsong be one of the most aggressive clans what I envision is some early game momentum building with maybe faster to build barracks and the ability to buff nearby allies with "warsongs" hehe something like ze kodo beast from warcraft 3 , the shattered hand would be late game clan starting off weak (just like how they were enslaved orcs by ogres) and then ending up pretty solid in late game (akin to them overthrowing their ogre masters)  something about grunts with a bladed weapon instead of one of their hands would be necessary for the clan identity and gameplay , the thunderlords would be the naval clan of the horde of dreanor capable of overwhelming the enemy with floods of ships but not very strong on land , last but not least the bonechewers with the ability to self sustain and heal through eating enemy corpses I envision this clan to be very pushed towards constantly battling the enemy to get the most value out of their cannibalistic abilities.

Stay healthy guys.