War2.ru Slogan
News: Back by popular demand, the SMF Arcade!!!
PLAY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

Grand reopening of the moderated section! 212  3

Administrator Ogre Mage Posts: 1800 Karma: +96/-109 *****

mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Grand reopening of the moderated section!
« on: November 20, 2017, 04:55:11 PM »

After getting off to a rough start the moderated section is now undergoing a grand reopening in its new more mature & finalized state!

What's New
  • Blanket amnesty is hereby granted for all existing bans
  • BabyShark is now an official moderator for this section
  • This section will now use the new tiered banning system implemented by BabyShark the new Play Pen-itentiary subsection to quarantine rule violators from the main Moderated discussion area. Banees can use "The Pen" for the duration of their ban to reflect on their actions & request reinstatement at any time following a suitable and meaningful period of rehabilitation
  • The rules have been clarified somewhat *
  • All forum users have an equal right to use the moderated section; prohibition of vulgarity/obscenity in this section does not extend to usernames, avatars or signatures

* It's important to understand that this section is intended primarily to foster respectful discussion on any subject in an environment protected from the usual lawlessness of the other forum sections & of war2 in general. As such the primary role of our moderators is to protect users from flagrant, contentless flaming/trolling/provocations/abuse, much moreso than it is to e.g. somehow protect them from any possible manifestation of "obscene" content, and any punitive measures taken should reflect that role & be common sense extensions thereof.

That's it for now, have fun everybody! Look forward to seeing & participating in lots of great & illuminating conversations on many subjects! 

:)  :thumbsup:  :critter:
Sappers Posts: 857 Karma: +57/-0 ******

Lambchops

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: Grand reopening of the moderated section!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 07:50:10 AM »
YAY! Common sense previals - I think.

TBH I wasn't paying enough attention to the details to really know, but it feels like things have been set to rights.

At any rate I'm loving the fireworks. I watched them for a while then I think had a small seizure....  but when I regained conciousness I still felt really festive... so WOOT!  :D

mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 01:23:52 PM »
At any rate I'm loving the fireworks. I watched them for a while then I think had a small seizure....  but when I regained conciousness I still felt really festive... so WOOT! 
ahah that's an absolutely fantastic anecdote, thank you for sharing :D

glad to secure the approval of the most wise & eminent lamb of chops! i think this new arrangement is gonna work out great for everyone!

mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 02:47:21 PM »
Announcing the new Play Pen-itentiary section where any users banned from this section may discuss & appeal their ban! Check OP/moderation policy for more info