Author Topic: Wall Balance mode (multiplayer)  (Read 658 times)

Online pianolarva

• Peon
    • View Profile
Wall Balance mode (multiplayer)
« on: June 14, 2024, 07:16:52 PM »
Now it's on the correct forum.

Main changes:

- Walling will be done with actual walls (hopefully, idk if it will work). Walls will have reduced building time. Buildings will have much lower hp (I'll make a downloadable version that doesn't have lowered building hp cause I'm not sure about it).
- Modifications to make every unit/spell/upgrade useful (biggest changes are about archers, bloodlust, healing, blizzard, and skeletons. The rest are smaller adjustments)

That's about it. Stats are almost the same so it'll be easy to get into. Unused spells and archers will come into play. I hope to see some games using this mode. I need that for further updates too.

Detailed info (I will be updating this):

UNITS and BUILDINGS:
Buildings (except walls and towers) will have around 40% their hp.
  • Archers (+): 10 damage, 5 piercing damage (previously it was 3 and 6) – it looks like a lot but it isn't because their fire rate is low (which was the main problem). They were too weak before. Now you can still expect footmen clearly beating them 1v1, but they are stronger, especially because of the footmen and knight armor reduction. Meet them at the coastline.
  • Footmen and knights (-): Less armor. 1 (2) and 2(4) respectively.  – had to. Increasing archers dmg even more caused problems.
  • Knights (-): new addition: Knights start with 80hp (previously 90) so that it's more even with rangers and footmen. Paladin Training adds +10hp. Cost now 900, 100 (previously it was 800 100) – This is an attempt to balance footmen and BL.
  • Demo Squad: Remains the same, but it now would destroy a shipyard or so.
  • Gryphons/Dragons (+): 20dmg (16), 15armor (5). Reduced building time from 250 to 200 – Archer changes means that dragons and towers are also improving. The ratio between them is mantained, although dragons are slightly stronger against towers. But also they were too weak for being the most expensive unit. They won't be killed with blizz now, there's archers, whirlwind and death coil.
  • Walls (+): x4 reduced building time, it's fast but not immediate. Building cost now 100gold 50wood (20 10) – Note that walls aren't repairable, but improvements to archers and towers will make up for that.
  • Towers (+): hp x1.3, except Scout that will have 160hp (100) –  They were too weak. They'll make a little bit more damage to unupgraded footmen/knights now.
UPGRADES and SPELLS:
  • Footman armor upgrade (-): +1 instead of +2  –  archers needed this.
  • Footman dmg upgrade: same, but may be reduced in the future to +1.
  • Arrow upgrades : same. I may add +1 in the future.
  • Ballista upgrades (+): Gold 800 and 2000 for the second upgrade – It should be deadlier.
  • Ranger training (+): +3dmg – because ranger upgrades are very weak.
  • Ranger scouting (+): 500 gold (1500)
  • +1Range upgrade (+): 500 gold.
  • Troll Regeneration (+): 500 gold.
  • +3dmg for rangers (-): 6000 gold – Idk how to balance this one. So it will come into play very into late game.
  • Healing (+): From using full mana to heal 42.5hp, to healing 127hp – now 2mana x 1hp. Less would be constant healing, more would mean it's weak compared to other spells like BL. It's powerful now. 
  • Exorcism (+): now you can kill dk with 120mana instead of 240 – Damaging a dk doesn't matter much unless you kill him, which now doesn't require full mana. With the skeleton modifications, it now kills one skeleton with 100mana.
  • Bloodlust (-): fixed at x2 so that it doesn't snowball from upgrades and becomes OP. 200mana (50). 2500 gold (1000). Increased building time to 200 (100) – It still is the most powerful spell in the game.
  • Runes (+): 150mana – Mana cost should not be cheap because it would be used all over the battlefield, but not too high for it to be a better option than BL. Still BL is more powerful, and it will cost more gold.
  • Fireball: (+): 50mana (100) – I think it does a bit more dmg than coil overall, and it could be useful at chokes maybe, but I'll leave it for now.
  • Death Coil (+): 50mana (100) – I think it did little damage for its cost, like -45hp to a knight for 100 mana. Now you would kill around 2.5 basic knights at full mana, which still isn't that much.
  • Slow (-): mana 100. Gold 1500.
  • Polymorph (+): mana 150. Gold 1000.
  • Inviz (+): mana 150. Gold 2000. 
  • Flame Shield (+): 500 gold
  • Blizzard/Decay (-): 3000 gold, mana 150 (25), doing much less damage to buildings and peons. You used it so much on the gold mine, that now it's basically used only for that. It will only kill some peons. You'll need two mages, and better timing. The correct fix would be decreasing the ridiculous range, but that's not an option. Next update: I may have diminished it a bit too much, maybe mana could be around 120.
  • Haste: same
  • Raise dead (+): Gold 1000 (mana 50). Skeletons have around 50hp, 8dmg, 8pierDmg, 0armor (pals are 90,8,4,2) – Skeletons should still have weak hp for exorcism to be useful.
  • Unholy Armor (+): 150 mana, 2000 Gold
  • Whirlwind: same. (1500 gold, 100 mana) – It now has a bigger impact on buildings instead of just going aimlessly and damaging many buildings but not destroying much.
Waiting for mana to reach 200 was a bit much so I reduced it for some spells. I still mantain both sides having mana/gold cheap spells.

Download:

I applied all these changes into Great White North (it could be any map), which is attached below (WBalT4 is the latest update.) . Then you just go to the War2Mod channel on the left panel, and play it with the "use map settings" option.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 05:33:21 PM by pianolarva »