Author Topic: here it is swift  (Read 50632 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: here it is swift
« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2015, 05:28:40 PM »
still tag teaming from behind

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2015, 05:32:38 PM »
You'd be a retard to NOT get spit roasted by historical figures of that stature when you had the chance.
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2015, 05:33:04 PM »
hassan if you were on the show Rome would you let lucius and titus tag team you from behind? tell the truth.

I don't remember those characters very well.

they were the main characters!  ... do you even Rome bro?

I thought the main characters were relatively boring compared to the historical figures.

also, both of the main characters were actual historical figures

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2015, 05:33:37 PM »
You'd be a retard to NOT get spit roasted by historical figures of that stature when you had the chance.

no i completely agree. i was just wondering how you felt about it

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2015, 05:36:34 PM »
Actually nevermind Antony was a retard.

also, both of the main characters were actual historical figures

They're mentioned briefly in Caesar's Gallic Wars, which while a valuable historical document, is likely not very accurate and truthful and is probably more of a propaganda piece. Even if not there's barely anything about them in there. There were probably guys with those names who served under Caesar but the characters on the show are fictional aside from that.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2015, 06:19:01 PM »

Economics has a number of definitions, and in the context of using a verb like "adhere" it makes more sense to assume one refers to a definition along the lines of "economic conditions," a definition also easily available with a quick Google search. Your use of the adjective "American" further reinforces this reading, since "American economics" is not a uniform branch of economics as a social science, while "American economics" with "economics" defined as "economic conditions" is something that can actually be defined and makes sense (the economic conditions of the US).

I have not backtracked at all, I used common definitions of each word and simply replaced them in my sentences. You’re the one backtracking.

You really never know when to concede. Yes, economics has multiple definitions. Of which, all conventional and frequent uses pertain to it as a study, or science. Just to be clear, since you're often throwing around words around carelessly - "Science" is a study as well, obviously a more refined study with select guidelines/rules in which we observe such, but nonetheless it is definitely a study.  I can adhere to the science of animal breeding, without breeding with animals. I don’t need to replace “economics” with “economic conditions” to infer that I am talking about the STUDY of the system.

Also, you’re trying to claim when it is and isn't practical/common place to use the word adhere. Sorry, but I can say "I don't adhere to the study of...." or "I  don't adhere to the science of..."  And it makes plenty of sense. You're really grasping at straws here. And the main confusion you’re mixing up is the practice of the study of an act/event/system/environment and the practice within that act/event/system/environment.

P.S. Just to be clear too: You keep throwing around "American Capitalism" - Capitalism, is the system itself, not the study of the system - the study of such systems is economics. You once again swapped these words like they were nothing (lol).
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2015, 06:30:44 PM »
I have not backtracked at all, I used common definitions of each word and simply replaced them in my sentences. You’re the one backtracking.

No, I'm not. "Economic conditions" is also a common definition of the word "economics." Further, the only thing I've contended is that your usage of the term to mean adhering to a particular school of economic thought was not "obvious," as you put it, which I have explained in detail, and which you have not addressed except to say obviously false things such as "all common usage" of the word refers to the definition you used.

You really never know when to concede. Yes, economics has multiple definitions. Of which, all conventional and frequent uses pertain to it as a study, or science.

It is definitely not true that "all conventional and frequent uses" pertain to economics as a study.

Also, you’re trying to claim when it is and isn't practical/common place to use the word adhere. Sorry, but I can say "I don't adhere to the study of...." or "I  don't adhere to the science of..."  And it makes plenty of sense.

You're right, that does make sense. The problem is you didn't say that, you said you adhered to "American economics" and were no more specific than that. Refer to my previous "adhere to the law of gravity" example.

P.S. Just to be clear too: You keep throwing around "American Capitalism" - Capitalism, is the system itself, not the study of the system - the study of such systems is economics. You once again swapped these words like they were nothing (lol).

When I said "American capitalism" I was referring to the system itself and not the study of it. The study of capitalism is not even commonly called "capitalism" in isolation, so I have no idea what this is supposed to mean, unless this is more meta "I'm just PRETENDING to be a retard, lol" "trolling."

Offline hop

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2015, 06:34:00 PM »
And what's interesting, after reading one of book i can easily say i know more about the economy than anyone on this forum.
i have a minor in economics from an accredited university, and if you know more than me after reading one book then i'll be awfully pissed about paying for 19 credits.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2015, 06:42:54 PM »
I know more about economics than you after reading one book.  That book?  Das Kapital, by Karl Mark.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2015, 07:02:20 PM »

You really never know when to concede. Yes, economics has multiple definitions. Of which, all conventional and frequent uses pertain to it as a study, or science.

It is definitely not true that "all conventional and frequent uses" pertain to economics as a study.

What about economics as a science?

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 29, 2015, 07:04:56 PM »
Please god Hop, get into a debate here. Also, say an occasional funny joke for the spectacle.

Offline hop

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 29, 2015, 07:06:28 PM »
that was on the reading somewhere in the 19 credits.

Offline hop

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 29, 2015, 07:08:42 PM »
Please god Hop, get into a debate here. Also, say an occasional funny joke for the spectacle.

think i'll just observe this one.  pretty fun so far tbh.  where'd yamon go though?  he's 1 day into his 6 years of study so i feel like he has a lot more to offer the discussion.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 29, 2015, 07:45:03 PM »

think i'll just observe this one.  pretty fun so far tbh.  where'd yamon go though?  he's 1 day into his 6 years of study so i feel like he has a lot more to offer the discussion.
2 months into my 8 years actually

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 29, 2015, 08:19:29 PM »
that was on the reading somewhere in the 19 credits.

Presumably only Volume I.