Poll

How long should Yamon be banned for?

1 week
4 (26.7%)
1 month
1 (6.7%)
3 months
0 (0%)
Lifetime (and perhaps any unlikely progeny as well)
5 (33.3%)
He does not ruin the community by hacking, smurfing, trolling, insulting, discing, or bsing, and should not be banned.
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: May 18, 2017, 07:19:09 PM

Author Topic: x  (Read 43209 times)

Offline Ywfn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Orochimaru[rA] dodges ss, unpauses repeatedly
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2017, 03:06:08 PM »
in review: yamon's ss request said the color of the player being requested, and lethal's response was "I don't have to take it, people know me."  Request seems to be proper, user seems to think they don't have to follow the rules

babyshark's ss request just says "ss" vaguely and then an argument ensues, yamon from the jump says he wasnt even the one being asked, and then we have screenshots of swift who was in the game saying the request was NOT in fact meant for yamon to begin with and babyshark responding "evil giggle."

Ya, it's pretty clear that yamon is being a huge douche for reasons I don't understand, but there's enough ambiguity in this situation that banning him would be incorrect.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2017, 03:20:44 PM »
You are not understanding this simple thing. Yamons ss doesn't say lethal anywhere in it. Lethal could have been telling yamon just like yamon was *trolling* shark with his responses. His ss request was just as vague as hers which he outright said there was indeed a ss request and of course kyle is gonna try to keep yamon around so kyle can keep getting his dick sucked by such an insecure person like yamon. So how do we know that kyle didnt just pick and choose things to say to provoke a response out of babyshark? We all know kyle is a person that would try to pull something off like that for someone he is passionate about. So basically this all boils down to you banned lethal but are refusing to ban yamon who let me remind you has denied multiple ss in the past has a recorded history of hacking is a nuisance to all new players and disconnects on purpose. Just wanna make sure I have this clear so I can start denying every ss request from now on because the policies just don't seem to apply to everyone equally

I am years past any odd shenanigans on this game. But even if I wasn't, I would never do something like what you're accusing me of.

Your close attachment to this ss request issue/thread has been evident for a while. Why do you care so much about it. And also for whatever reason, you are trying to drag my name in the mud without cause.  You are obviously bias for some reason not disclosed, and most likely have some type of personal vendetta.

You've shown a lack of character, and that you're two-faced.

I don't care if Yamon gets banned. Not one bit. This isn't about him, it's about that "SS Request." I wouldn't have even chimed in on this SS request if there wasn't good reason to.

The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2017, 03:23:54 PM »
 Two faced? I already told you I don't like you. Your a scumbag.
And bid the ss policy when asking a player by color says u must ss the allies screen so thr player and color must be verified

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2017, 03:24:41 PM »
And bid the ss policy when asking a player by color says u must ss the allies screen so thr player and color must be verified
it be visible in the game report in case someone wants to argue, no?

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2017, 03:27:36 PM »
I was actually wondering about that earlier, are those correct?  But either way Lethal did not try to say he wasn't being asked, he tried to go with the "people know me" defense, which I see some people agree with so I'll just post about that again.  Like, BabyShark has said it repeatedly, that the injustice of this partly stems from the fact that we "know" Lethal doesn't hack.  There is no way to really know what a player might be up to unless you're standing behind them or maybe if they're live streaming or something.  Many people hacked for years and had friends go to bat for them repeatedly, only for them to end up getting caught red handed.  It's sad, but what it teaches us if that even if we personally have faith in a person's honesty, they still need to follow the rules so that we can be certain about it.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2017, 03:32:24 PM »

You're the one acting like a scum bag, and creating fables. Meanwhile, I am doing nothing but being helpful.

Offline GreenPlastic

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2017, 03:34:27 PM »
Blid is mostly right in how he is viewing this situation per the rules.  Lethal failed to take a ss and thus deserved the ban.  He learned his lesson it seems and is now taking ss's.  It would also help his case if he would have AH active.  You shouldn't knowingly give people ammo if you are concerned about reputation.

The yamon being friends with admin shouldn't really be answered by Blid.  Blid did not share pws with yamon.  That is a question for Mouse to answer for.  There is also Tora sharing pws with swift that muddies the situation.  The problem is that admins should be above doing these things.  This totally skews how situations like this are viewed.  How can you expect people to reasonably react to situations when the admins themselves aren't being reasonable(except Blid).  Saying "we were just trolling" isn't a legit response.  That response is just brushing off the fact that you did something that admins should not be doing, sharing accounts.

Yamon does not deserve a ban for this as the 2 situations are not equal but there should be some sort of community warning issued to him for his continuous acts against the w2 community.  There comes a time when you do have to weigh someone's true value to the community, be it negative or positive.  How many years are you willing to let this go on?

You can point out that people are "losing their minds" but please don't stop your thought process there.  Try to understand why.  I'm fairly certain you guys know why this is as big as it is due to yamon's past.  I'm sure the community wouldn't mind at least feeling like theres something that can be done when someone goes well beyond the line over and over.  Perhaps, there is already a discussion going between the admins.  We only know what we see in the public forums so even if you feel progress is being made, we have no idea other than what we read. 

Offline Lethal~Machete

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2017, 03:37:13 PM »
and get your own name

I took SS of Van asking me for SS cuz I know the rules will apply to me but not to Yamon.  :'(
this is a ss of you being banned from a game lol
Yeah I know its a fuckin ss of me being banned cuz the little pussy can't just admit that he lost like a newb, and once again I wont get another name or are you gonna ban me for having this aka too?? where does it say that in the rules (policies)

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2017, 03:37:44 PM »
It's not about the failing to take the ss Joe it's about the request itself. Neither one of the requests followed proper protocol. But lethal received his ban and yamon keeps flip flopping stories to avoid his.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2017, 04:02:39 PM »
my reasoning "magically finding units" is something of a joke as well.

This doesn't help you.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2017, 04:04:47 PM »
Swift regarding ltfan.
Anyone who cares about fairness on the server doesnt have character?
You have it hugely backwards. People who take the time to try to make the server a better place to be and to have fairness and no hacking arent the people with no character. The ones who promote unfairness and abuse are the ones lacking character. All users should be held to the same standards and rules. There should not be one set of rules for regular players and one for Yamon or anyone else.

I have nothing backwards. LTfan can have conversations about fairness without being a scum bag. He has decided not to.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2017, 04:05:14 PM »

This doesn't help you.

It doesn't really hurt.  I don't care much about people's motivations in asking, as long as they're not being abusive by spamming requests.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2017, 04:20:11 PM »

This doesn't help you.

It doesn't really hurt.  I don't care much about people's motivations in asking, as long as they're not being abusive by spamming requests.

If she is admitting to fabricating the part about Yamon "magically finding units", then that hurts her credibility. It brings into question what else she might have made up.

I'm not sure that is what she is saying though. Her post can be interpreted a few different ways.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2017, 04:37:22 PM »
What posts are you talking about?

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2017, 06:03:24 PM »
That has already been covered a number of times.

The question that remains after realizing that there is no fairness on he server is whether one wants to continue to participate in such a community or to leave it.

To leave it would be to punish oneself if one is a regular enjoyer of the game. It would mean Yamon won in taking something I care about away from me. Not an appealing option.

To stay would require one to play very selectively with only known people and ban all smurfs. Also I know that Yamon and Swift and any of their sympathizers will do anything in their power to attack me. Even before this whole situation, in a 4v4 game we won, Yamon and Startale bsed me at the end of the game and swift just watched. My only crime was saying I dont like the way they treat other people, me being one of them. Just because I'm female should not give you the excuse to pour on your vilest sexual insults and disgusting comments, which by the way, in the real world is illegal and sexual harassment. This is not what men do. This is behavior for cowardly little boys who never had to grow up and who will never be the kind of man a woman could respect.

Either way, the community as a whole is the worse for it. 1. People know there is not fairness. 2. Whenever any average player leaves it's a loss. When people's friends leave, the game becomes less appealing for them as well. I know there are a number of players who come on mainly to play with me (me msging them on discord being the only times they come to server) and people like me who are nice people and want to have fun playing the game. I already know other players who have left because of unfairness on the server and I thought they were finding fault that I couldnt see. 3. All new players will suffer because no one wants to risk their game being ruined by hack/disc/bs so there will be no place for them anymore. 4. Abusive rage, hateful insults, racism, telling people to go kill themselves in real life etc., will continue to abound, making W2 probably the most toxic community any of us have regular dealings in.

I know I'm going to be a target now. I hope Swift and Yamon aren't deranged enough to try to kill me in real life but who knows. Swift already eliminated me in a game when normally once killed, players are allowed to watch.

Obviously he thinks I need to be "punished" for daring to fight the status quo. Because getting hacked against, disced on, bsed, banned from games, eliminated, insulted based on gender, etc. isn't enough. I was supposed to be a good girl and take it quietly. Come and kill me in real life if you have to, I know you have the resources for it. But someone has to stand up for something, enough is enough. Yamon's reign of terror has gone on far too long.

each paragraph gets funnier